Old 10-04-2011, 04:24 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by whem2fish View Post
sounds like he want to tie in to a circuit that may have many lights tied in
Yes, that is my plan. If I pop a breaker, I will hard wire it to the battery.

Thanks to everyone for your posts. I will let you know in the next few days the results and outcomes.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:23 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

From the look of your fuse panel it looks like you have room to add a 12v circuit. Then you could run appropriate wire and use the proper fuse and have an install that looks like it is stock. Just a thought.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:55 AM   #17
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by njs42 View Post
From the look of your fuse panel it looks like you have room to add a 12v circuit. Then you could run appropriate wire and use the proper fuse and have an install that looks like it is stock. Just a thought.
Hmmm - I hadn't even though about that! I will look at the panel tonight to make sure there's room.

As a side note, I completed the TV install last night and ended up removing the 12V light because it was in the way of the TV bracket. After I cut the wire I measured it and it's 12 gauge - heavier than I thought it would be. I am waiting for my 400w Inverter to arrive and will hook it up to the light wire to see if I works or if I pop a fuse. If the fuse blows, I will hard wire it to a new circuit in the fuse panel.

THANKS for the great idea!

Tags
install