Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-23-2011, 08:37 PM   #21
Winnebago Watcher

Rockhouse….. can you verify the model number of your radio? There were a few different variations of VR182 radios, but VR1828WIN does not appear to be one of them.

The remanufactured VR185 (referenced by Woodydel) is a suitable replacement for some VR182 variations.
TimL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:54 PM   #22
Winnie-Wise

The model number of my Jensen is VR182SVWIN. I thought the S was an 8 until I took a closer look.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:01 PM   #23
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
One more thing. Doesn't ANYONE fix anything anymore?
Locally we have an auto radio shop that repairs radios. He isn't cheap but it beats the replacement cost.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:27 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimL View Post
Rockhouse….. can you verify the model number of your radio? There were a few different variations of VR182 radios, but VR1828WIN does not appear to be one of them.

The remanufactured VR185 (referenced by Woodydel) is a suitable replacement for some VR182 variations.
I got the model number from the repair shop working on the coach. You are correct. I looked the info up on my original-order specs. It is a VR182SWIN.

What is it they say nowadays? My Bad?
Old 03-23-2011, 11:12 PM   #25
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2008 Voyage and also recently had to replace our Jensen VR182 radio. Like you we could not find another VR182. With the help of our dealer and Winnebago we ultimately had another Jensen installed but the dash had to be modified and a new harness used. I don't know what the model number on the new one is but I assume it is the 2.0 mentioned by the Jensen rep. It has the weather channels and IPOD and Sirius attachments were an option. You can't tell the dash was modified, probably less obvious than going the 1.0 route. The bad news is that our extended insurance would only cover the original cost of the VR182 and we all know the most things only go up in price.
Don99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:13 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wthomas1 View Post
Do you make a multiple CD model?
At this time, we do not offer multi-CD radio models. The consumer demand has really been towards the addition of iPod, MP3 player, SIRIUS satellite radio & USB support for content delivery. Consumer interest in CD Changer support and in-dash multi-CD models have really been on the decline for the past few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimL View Post
The VR185 is a 1.8 DIN radio. While it is an older model with some functional differences, it will fit the same dash opening as the VR182-series radios.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyLA View Post
Here's what appears to be a 1.0 DIN with the features you want: JHD3620B - JENSEN Heavy Duty AM/FM/CD/WB/iPod and SIRIUS Satellite Radio Ready Stereo. Only a little pricier than the 2.0 DIN model that the Jensen rep recommended, but would fit your opening with a filler. (Am looking for similar features for a radio to put in a FW entertainment center...)

Much lower price here: JHD 3620

liz
The JHD3620B is from our JENSEN Heavy Duty radio line. This is a suitable radio replacement option in a 1.0 DIN size. It has many of the same features of the JRV210B, including AM/FM/CD/USB/iPod/SIRIUS & NOAA Weather Band with S.A.M.E. technology. This will require a dash kit/filler panel.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:24 AM   #27
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockhouse View Post
I got the model number from the repair shop working on the coach. You are correct. I looked the info up on my original-order specs. It is a VR182SWIN.

What is it they say nowadays? My Bad?
Could it be a VR182SVWIN instead of a VR182SWIN?
Old 03-24-2011, 10:15 AM   #28
Winnebago Camper

All the OP wanted to do was replace his radio WITH THE SAME RADIO. This was made out to be a normal situation, not getting a replacement. This is not normal. Had I not made the effort to come up with an alternate solution, everyone posting was ready to give up. TimL has what you need. The price is right as well. Just buy it.

Jensen makes a 1.0 DIN radio which is sold in Walmart stores locally. I has a pop up screen/touch panel. I allows hookup to your backup cameras and has all the other features you might need. But you would still need a filler panel which the OP sounded like he would not want it. It cost $300. It looked very cool and it had add on options available. I think the box had either x10 or 10x on the box.

It looked like this:

I tend to shy away from mechanical radios. Too much can go wrong. The VR185 might be less problematic.
WOODYDEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:08 PM   #29
Winnebago Owner

I purchased a 1.8 din radio that is a Jenson Clone on the innernet for $79.00 and it has been an excellent unit
lwasouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:24 AM   #30
Winnie-Wise

I'd give the folks at Crutchfield a call and tell them your story. They are really good at coming up with alternatives that would work and excellent customer service. Crutchfield: Car Stereo, Speakers, Home Theater, LCD TV, Digital Cameras
Old 03-25-2011, 11:44 AM   #31
Winnebago Owner

The radio I purchased to replace the one previously in the dash was the Magnadyne 1.5 din and it fit perfectly and am pleased with the unit. Purchased from "thedeepdiscount.com Price was discounted from $199.00 to $59.00 with free shipping
lwasouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:41 PM   #32
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgique View Post
I'd give the folks at Crutchfield a call and tell them your story. They are really good at coming up with alternatives that would work and excellent customer service. Crutchfield: Car Stereo, Speakers, Home Theater, LCD TV, Digital Cameras

I had forgotten all about that company. Great selections of everything. I bookmarked that site.
WOODYDEL is offline   Reply With Quote