Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2009, 04:10 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Posted by CoolJudy
Quote:
We have a "new" 2007 Itasca Horizon with a Sony Aquos 37" mid-coach TV.
Me thinks "Aquos" is a trade name of Sharp, not Sony.

2006 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 2004 Honda CR-V
NoMoreAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:51 AM   #22
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally posted by NoMoreAZ:
Posted by CoolJudy <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We have a "new" 2007 Itasca Horizon with a Sony Aquos 37" mid-coach TV.
Me thinks "Aquos" is a trade name of Sharp, not Sony. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Regardless of the "Brand Name" the steps are the same. Typically the receiver and DVD player are one, so the DVD plays fine through the surround speakers. You must have physical conections between your surround sound receiver and the television. The wiring diagram may help, but it will not always be right. Human error in installing can (and ususally does) happen.
When I purchased my 2008 Voyage, the TV did not play through the surround either. Taking matters into my own hands I pulled my receiver (double-stick tape) and TV (Winne makes a custom mount with three bolts from underneath) and found that the installer had not properly connected the Audio/Video (A/V) cables. Following the TV manual I reconnected the cables appropriately and everything works now.
Sure there are some settings in the TV menu that will make the TV simulate surround sound, but they just make my audio from the TV sound worse.
dbjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:06 AM   #23

Makes sense on the wiring. We haven't checked the back of the TV yet,

YES, it is a SHARP, not a Sont. My error.
CoolJudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:17 AM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Over the last couple of weeks I removed my sony from the 2005 38J floor cabinet (another story in itself) and replaced it with a sharp aquos HDTV which came with a free blue ray player from Best Buy. I rplaced the Winnie DVD with it.

Everything works but the range of tv volume is okay but limited to a sort of a medium setting. By removing the Winnie DVD did I shoot my self in the foot? Is it the amplifier for the audio system?

Any insite is appreciated.

2015 Itasca Meridian 42E
LeonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:36 PM   #25

Our '07 Horizon manual does indicate the DVD player is the home theatre (surround sound) amplifier. You might check you manual to see where the RCA plugs went into the Winnie DVD and see if you new player has the same plug receivers.

Our radio and the DVD player DO have surround sound, but TV does not. We think the plugs are in the wrong place on the TV.
CoolJudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:44 PM   #26
Winnebago Master

Since you have an Aquos LCD on the coach I might suggest that you look at the manuals and see if the TV and the Sony DVD/ Surround Sound have Optical ports (mine does). The Surround Sound "Input" button should have several selections, among them "IN-1 OPT" (or something close to that). Go buy yourself a fibre jumper between the TV and Surround amp. The 32" Sharp I just installed now ports true DTS surround sound as opposed to Pro Logic, or something else dreamed up in the amplifier. Got mine from HERE

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:58 AM   #27
Winnebago Camper

I may have to reinstall the Winnie DVD player to see if this changes the volume of the TV. The DVD player yellow-red-white RCA jacks are still accessible and I did reconnect them to the Sharp.

I think I can do this and still use the Blue Ray which is connected with HDMI. To cool not to have the 1080 dpi movie option on the 32" Sharp.

Always an adventure.

2015 Itasca Meridian 42E
LeonB is offline   Reply With Quote