Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-15-2009, 08:18 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

LK23
Were you able to see the pix's I posted above? We have been on the road since 3/29 and in PA now so can't monitor this forum as much as I would like.
The Quince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:48 AM   #22
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quince View Post
LK23
Were you able to see the pix's I posted above? We have been on the road since 3/29 and in PA now so can't monitor this forum as much as I would like.
Yes, I was able to click on the photos and see them. Looks like it installed very well. Nice job!

How have you secured your LCD for travel?
2016 Independent Publishers Book Awards Winner
LK23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:54 AM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Rex,
Don't know why the pictures don't come up like yours, but at least you got to see them. When we are moving I secure the TV with a 2" black web strap that goes through the back of the bracket and secures with velcro on the front of the TV. We also put a piece of memory foam (from an old pillow) under the TV and squeeze it in as we tighten the velcro. Once I install the bottom piece of wood we ordered from Forest City - the foam may not any more. Doesn't look that pretty but only we see it.
Did you ever understand the piece I must remove on the outside bottom of the cabinet, it is a piece of trim that was put on to hold the front bottom of the old TV trim where it came out an inch or so on the front base. If you look close at my pictures you may be able to notice it. Just wondering how you removed it? Looks to me that it was attached to the cabinet frame before cabinet was put together, as there are no screws or nails visible from the back. If it's just glued on maybe I can just pry it off. Hope that's the case, because the cabinet will be marred if I have to cut it off.
Take Care,
Quince
Old 04-16-2009, 03:15 PM   #24
Winnebago Master

Quince,

Yes, I can see the piece of wood under the TV. If you enlarge the photos on my web site you can see where that piece was removed. There are four holes. As I recall, we pried it off and scratched the wood a little. The scratches were covered up by the trim piece.

I will add a photo of the installation with the finished trim piece. And I will add photos of my securing device used for travel.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:50 PM   #25
Winnebago Master

I updated my installation photos with pictures of the finished install with the bottom trim in place. Also, I have new photos of the travel lock I devised to keep the LCD in place while traveling.

After trying several velcro attachments that did not hold I came upon the idea of using sliding glass doors locks purchased at Home Depot. This works very well and securely holds the LCD in place while traveling.

Here's the link to my photos:

Installation of Sony 32 inch LCD in Horizon 40AD
Old 04-19-2009, 08:57 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Rex,
Thanks again for the info. The locks look like a good solution, I may try them too.

Got my bottom piece of trim from Forrest City and they only sent the bottom piece and not the raised top piece that's glued on. My dealer said the one part # was for both. It is 145462 52 R84 did you have a second part #? I paid $115.97 if I need to buy the second piece, I may just put four of those round wood plugs in the screw holes. I got a handfull of them when at the factory in 2007.
Quince
Old 04-20-2009, 07:10 PM   #27
Winnebago Master

Quince,

I cannot remember but since the two trim pieces are separate pieces I think they would be separate part numbers. Compared to the large trim piece, the smaller piece cannot cost as much.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:02 AM   #28
Winnebago Camper

I have the same cabinet in the 38J and replaced the 27" Sony with a 32" Sharp. It is 1/2" narrower and does not require cutting of the cabinet.

I built a "back" wall and installed a Sanus fixed mount on it with the tv flush to the front. Works great with batwing attached to wineguard antenna.

2015 Itasca Meridian 42E
LeonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:57 AM   #29
Winnebago Camper

Thumbs up

Lee,
I already had the 32" Vizio so did cut the cabinet but used a jigsaw and sanded it down. Don't know your layout but, one of the reasons for the double arm mount was so that we can now see the TV from our kitchen table and the front seats too.
Good to see another option is available though for those who don't want to cut the cabinet, as that is not easy. Thanks for your input.
The Quince (Wayne)
Old 04-29-2009, 08:27 AM   #30
Winnebago Camper

Quince,

You definitely have a nice installation. I like the idea of the swivle mount. I think our layout is similar with the table on the same wall as the cabinet.

I noticed the new rigs have added a tv for table viewing.

What did we do before tv?

2015 Itasca Meridian 42E
LeonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:01 PM   #31
Winnebago Camper

Lee,
Not on line as much when on the road - heading to Alaska for the summer this year.
Thanks for the nice words about my install. Lk23 gave me all the info I needed, but don't think I would have even started if I had known he had help from a finish carpenter. Glad he didn't tell me until I was just about done.
Happy Camping,
Quince