Old 05-30-2009, 12:05 PM   #15
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ua40j View Post
I'm not disputing wa8yxm.....I can only tell you what the technical folks at monoprice told me about moving the HDMI output.

They said HDMI output from my DirecTV HD DVR into the wall plate, CAT5/6 (they recommend the 6 of course), to the other wall plate and HDMI to the TV set in the bedroom.

I've already moved my center front TV to the side of the coach and ran a 25' HDMI cable w/o an amplifier. It does ok for most 1080p signals, but sometimes I get pixelation for some reason.

That might still happen over CAT5 for 50', but it's worth a shot.
Is the pixelation at the receiver or is it caused at the cable at the TV?
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 07:13 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

When I've got pixelation, it's at the TV and checking the signal strength off the satellite antenna at the DirecTV HD DVR, it always seems to be above 80. So I don't really know why pixelation occurs.....it's infrequent and doesn't last long. Could be any reason, but more than likely its the varying impedence of the HDMI cable over that distance combined with the fact that I didn't get the best cable.

And I probably don't have the best connections either.

2017 Cedar Creek 38EL/2015 Silverado 3500HD
CC38EL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 05:42 AM   #17
Winnebago Camper

HDMI has many issues that could cause you troubles in the mobile environment over time (such as crappy connectors that WILL come loose on the road). Unless you are trying to get 1080P to the back TV (to my knowledge, there is no such type of signal from DTV) save your self a bunch of money and run component over CAT5 or just a mini 5 coax to handle the RGB and audio. The analog video on what is probably a under $500 tv will look just as good as a digital signal. It is a shame that coach builders still use those crappy RF switches... I ran a small piece of wire mold between the front TV/AV cabinet to the side cabinet and then went down behind the shade valance into the basement and came up through the bathroom wall to the TV shelf on our 32T.

Good luck!