Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2018, 01:19 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

DVD issue

We just purchased a new Micro Minnie 1808FBS. Took our first long weekend trip and had a lot of rain. Brought some dvds to watch and couldn’t get them to play. We have the Jensen system hooked up to the installed TV and I’m not the most techy guy. The instructions didn’t seem to be that great but it is probably operator error. We were able to get sound through the speakers for the dvd but no picture. Little help? Thanks
PC Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 03:02 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Did you go into the menu on the TV and select the DVD input?
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 04:40 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Well Sarah, that would be too simple! I’ll give it a try. Heading out in a couple days for another short hop.
Really, thanks so much.
PC
Old 10-01-2018, 05:06 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Red View Post
Well Sarah, that would be too simple! I’ll give it a try. Heading out in a couple days for another short hop.
Really, thanks so much.
PC
Well, I'm not techie either but I hope that works for you. (Maybe someone techie will show up with a better answer.)
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 05:30 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Yeah but you put me on the right track😊.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:44 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

We discovered that the Jensen unit in our Minnie Winnie won't play BlueRay DVDs. The regular Digital version plays fine - just not BlueRays.
Old 10-07-2018, 12:59 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Well, just spent a bunch of time in the camper fooling with the Jensen and TV. Have the TV set to DVD, the Jensen set to BT Mode, put in a DVD, and the sound for the DVD comes on the speakers, and the TV station is still on and playing the program that is on that particular station. The Jensen instructions aren't real clear and the TV instructions are even worse.

Alternate plan is to go by the dealership on my way to the state park on Wednesday and have them review it. I would like to avoid that if possible since I would probably be hung up there for a bit and would prefer to be at the campsite! It's not that I am just dying to watch a DVD, but would really like to know how to operate it especially when the weather right now it always questionable and at least I could slide in a movie. Any help would be appreciated. We have a Micro Minnie 1808 FBS.

PC
Old 10-10-2018, 02:40 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I don't own a Minnie Winnie so the following is just general information...

It sounds like your DVD player is functioning correctly but your TV is not switching to the correct input.
Try cycling through all the inputs available on your TV remote while playing a DVD.

If you can see the model numbers of your TV and DVD player that would help also.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf dvdb01_troubleshooting_guides.pdf (82.8 KB, 82 views)

Picture Posting Guide
charge-it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 03:54 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the input. Probably doesn’t matter but it’s a Micro Minnie not a Minnie Winnie. It’s a TT. Anyway the Jensen is model # JWM6A and the TV is an Insignia. I have gone through all of the settings on the TV, checking the input etc and all I’m getting is just the sound of the DVD without the
picture. I’m trying to avoid the trip to the dealership. All instructions online with “similar” Jensen systems makes it sound like you just put a dvd in and away it goes!
PC
(those are my initials. Nothing to do with computer knowledge or being politically correct!)😊
Old 10-10-2018, 04:07 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Looking at your Jensen JWM6A manual I would assume (yes I know ) that they have run an HDMI cable (not an RCA cable) to the TV.
Meaning you need to select whichever HDMI input (not DVD) your JWM6A is plugged into to see the video on your TV.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf jensen_jwm6a_owners_manual.pdf (1.88 MB, 90 views)

Picture Posting Guide
charge-it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 05:56 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Thanks. Camping at a state park right now and getting ready to walk the dog. I’ll give that a shot when we get back. I’ll let you know how it goes.
Thanks again!
PC
Old 10-11-2018, 08:35 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Well Charge-it, the durn input button on the tv remote won’t move up or down to put the tv in any H mode. So, still just getting dvd sound and no picture. Need to bite the bullet and run it by the dealership. So happens it is on my way home from the park. Hopefully I can at least get someone to look at it. If not, guess I’ll be setting an appointment. Overriding issue is I think it may be “operator error”🙄. Thanks again.

PC
Old 06-27-2020, 08:39 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Jenson and TV problem

Well, I have the exact same problem; sound but no picture from DVD. The TV will not change input select either, just likes yours did. What did to find out? Do you have the solution? I sure would appreciate it. Cliff 2016 Nation.
Cliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 09:09 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

Often the TV will only give the selections for the input where there is a connection. When getting audio but not video, it is likely there is not the correct connection made from DVD to TV, therefore the TV has no reason to connect to that dead imput.
first thought on the OP problem is that they likely have not changed the switch to turn off the OTA antenna and amp as they stated they are getting normal programs. Start from scratch to make sure the DVD is connected by RCA wiring or HDMI, whichever your equipment needs, turn off the OTA antenna and amp, then when the DVD is connected and turned on, the TV will see a signal and give you the option of switching input to that connection for the DVD.
I think it too often our new electronics come with the idea that we are all up on the latest so they see no reason to tell us anything about the details of running what we have bought.
Kind of like the computer world! Everybody knows what the "hamburger file "is???
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 06:31 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

DVD issue

Thanks for the responses. Didn’t realize this was still circulating. We have a Micro Min 1808fbs and I took the trailer in for its annual warranty inspection last summer. They resolved the problem by ADDING THE APPROPRIATE CABLE TO MAKE THE CONNECTION! Wonder of wonders😊. Have not had an issue since then. I probably could have done it myself but decided to wait till the annual warranty visit since the dealer covered that.

We haven’t been out since Jan-Feb this year because of the virus, and we really don’t use the DVD much, but it’s nice to know we can just pop one in to watch when the weather is bad or our grandson is with us. Anyway, thanks for the responses.
Take good care.
PC
Old 06-28-2020, 08:22 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Thank you both for you kind reply. I tried turning off the antenna amplifier and antenna switch. The three RCA cords are connect and the HDMI. I have moved the yellow input and HDMI cord to other slots, but nothing happening. I think PC RED is right. A cord must need to be added. I will find out when I go to the RV place this week. Maybe a cord came loose behind the DVD player which is installed in the cabinet by the door. Thanks. Cliff
Cliff is offline   Reply With Quote