Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2012, 07:48 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Changing out TVs

We have a 2001 Brave 33V and want to replace the TV’s set. The switching system is a Magnadyne VC S7 which has 5 inputs and 3 outputs but they have coaxial connector and the new TV’s have HDMI and RCA connectors. How can we switch out the old for the new? As the TVs are small not getting a HD signal to them is not a problem. Is there a switching system that will accept coaxial cable input and offer RCA or HMDI output?
cbdeajr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:43 AM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdeajr View Post
We have a 2001 Brave 33V and want to replace the TV’s set. The switching system is a Magnadyne VC S7 which has 5 inputs and 3 outputs but they have coaxial connector and the new TV’s have HDMI and RCA connectors. How can we switch out the old for the new? As the TVs are small not getting a HD signal to them is not a problem. Is there a switching system that will accept coaxial cable input and offer RCA or HMDI output?
There is another method, albeit labor intense, that may also work. If you can access both ends of the current coax cable, you can secure (tape?) a fish wire or the HDMI cable to it and pull it through to where the current switch box is located. Oftentimes this is not possible due to the twists and turns involved with the MH build, but if it seems pretty straight-forward you might want to give it a shot.

I had a stock TV over the doorway - the cable ran straight along a pathway to the overhead passenger cabinet switchbox just along the interior roof line. I taped an HDMI cable to the coax and pulled it straight through to the Cable & switch box with little effort. But, mine may have been anything but routine. I did NOT try to do the same thing for the wall mounted TV due to the length of the run and all the twists, turns, and cable mess in the wall.

Good luck!
Old 04-05-2012, 11:45 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdeajr View Post
I switched out both TVs in my 2003 Adventurer 38G last year. I am not sure what TVs you are looking at, but all that I saw have at least one coax input. This shouldn't be any problem to hook up to your switching system. I only run one input from my switching system to my TVs and it is for local (on the roof antenna) stations. I have satellite that runs from my receiver box to the TV via HDMI.... Coax will not run HD. I also run my DVD player direct to the TV via HDMI, I have a DVD player for each TV, front and bedroom...... So, all my switching system does is carry the local roof antenna circuit.
tbomn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:38 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

The new tvs I have do not have coax input. I need information on a switching system that has up to 5 coax inputs and three HDMI or RCA outputs
cbdeajr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:43 AM   #5

I've never seen or heard of a "television" without a coax input.

Are you sure they are televisions, and not just "monitors"?
Do they have tuners?
A television has a tuner.
A monitor does not.
Only coax feeds a tuner.
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I agree with JimM68. If the units you have are TVs then there will be at least one coaxial input, otherwise there is no method to receive Over The Air signals from local television stations.

Regardless of what you have, TV or Monitor, there are adapters that will take a coaxial (RF) input and provide you RCA outputs and probably one that will take coaxial (RF) input and provide HDMI.

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:33 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Stitchcraft bench banquet seating

Has anyone gotten replacement furniture made by Stitchcraft. Want to replace office credenza table set up with a booth dinette in ultra leather for a Meridian Irasca 34H diesel pusher 2004
CA puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA puttin View Post
Has anyone gotten replacement furniture made by Stitchcraft. Want to replace office credenza table set up with a booth dinette in ultra leather for a Meridian Irasca 34H diesel pusher 2004

I would recommend you start a new thread as I doubt many will look at this one with what you are asking in mind.
2003 Winne Adventurer, Ford F53 V-10. Toad:1992 S-10, Road Master Falcon 2 Tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system and Protect-a-Tow. Right is right even if no one is doing it; Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it--St Augustine of Hippo. Navy AD.
navychaps is offline   Reply With Quote