Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2014, 10:07 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Bedroom Sat Receiver

Has anyone installed a Sat receiver in the bedroom? There is a coax outlet behind the TV. In the front coax panel, there is an input labeled "SAT To Bedroom TV", but no cable attached. So how can I get the SAT antenna signal from the front panel to the bedroom Sat receiver ?
XBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 11:14 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBoater View Post
Has anyone installed a Sat receiver in the bedroom? There is a coax outlet behind the TV. In the front coax panel, there is an input labeled "SAT To Bedroom TV", but no cable attached. So how can I get the SAT antenna signal from the front panel to the bedroom Sat receiver ?

You have 2 cables coming from your dish or dome. Hook one of them to Sat to bed tv. Leave the other for your front tv.
Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 01:07 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I assume you have an HDMI 4x4 matrix in the front. That will do all the work once you study it. You can select which signal goes to which TV. I have two Sat receivers in the front equipment cabinet, so my wife can watch one program while I watch a different one. I am sold on the matrix approach, with a little fiddling at first, works flawlessly.
mgtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 08:29 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBoater View Post
Hi, I have the same system. First, you will only need one Sat receiver with no mods if you are Ok with the back TV getting the same station with the front TV. (this assumes you have a matrix 4x4 box) but if you want to watch a different channel with the sat you will need to use a "jumper" coax in the front cabinet from the sat in to the sat bedroom and you will need another receiver in the bedroom. the sat sends the signal to the rig coax system and you decide if you want the same channel (no changes with one sat receiver if you have the Matrix 4x4) or two different sat channels with two sat receivers and jumping the internal system up front where you saw the input to allow the sat signal to go to the rear output to be hooked up to a second sat receiver.
raycyn778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 08:44 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

What sat provider are you using? Do you need to watch two different programs in separate area? There are several different ways to approach this. Being you have a Journey can we assume you have the 4x4 matrix?
Old 11-02-2014, 04:32 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I guess I was not clear. In the front distribution panel there is a coax input marked, "To Bedroom Satellite Prep Plate". There is NO COAX CABLE ATTACHED TO THE REAR OF THE PLATE.

I assume that you others do have a coax cable installed that runs from the front panel and terminates behind the bedroom TV.

My HDMI switch if full with DVD, Ruko, Dish and HDMI cable to connect to tablet/laptop for DishAnywhere. I need to place Dish receiver at rear TV for DW to watch different channel, especially in NFL Sunday.

Thanks
Old 11-02-2014, 04:54 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

If I understand your problem, you just don't have enough HDMI inputs on your matrix switcher. But you do have wiring to the back TV, since you can watch the same program on the back TV.. I think the neatest and cleanest solution is to put the second receiver in front, and use a HDMI switch (monoprice) to switch between Receiver 2 and say ROKU, since presumably you wouldn't use both at once.
Hey, worth a shot. In my case, I have fewer inputs (Rec 1, Rec 2, DVD) and no problem switching any input to any output.

Good luck!
mgtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 06:14 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

XBoater, look around behind the plate for a coax with 3 orange bands that is the one that runs to the bedroom TV. Also check the plate in the bedroom and see if the coax in connected on that end.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:50 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

You can also download schematics from Winnebago and that may show where the coax cables run to.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:54 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

I have a HDMI cable hanging behind bedroom tv that says from satellite dish. Can I connect a rec. to wire and then run a wire to tv. Then can I run this tv off satellite independent of front tv?
Old 11-05-2014, 04:07 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

Popcorn Man, Looking a the drawing of your coach the HDMI cable you are seeing is to connect the video output of the satellite receiver to the TV. You should have a Sat Pre plate with a coax connector to connected the satellite receiver to the dish. You also have to install a jumper up front on the satellite connection plates.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 06:49 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Gotharris thanks for info.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:26 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

When the factory installed my Winegard Traveler, which has 3 outputs, they ran 1 directly to my front Dish receiver, the other two were connected to the back of the Sat 1 and Sat 2 plates in cabinet. I then jumpered from one of them to the bedroom plate. Installed Dish receiver in bedroom cabinet, input to the tv was thru the HDMI cable installed.

You will need to install a sat dish output to the rear of either sat plate, or directly to the bedroom input.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:55 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Apparently it sounds like the dealer messed some things up with the original wiring when installing my Sat dish. There is no wire attached to the back of the bedroom plate, nor any wires attached to the back of Sat 1, Sat 2 plate.

Back to the dealer it goes...