Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-17-2015, 09:05 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Accent lights won't work

Have a 2012 Itasca Ellipse and the accents lights in the living room and bedroom will not come on. There are two switches and will not come on with either switch and have checked breakers and no breakers are tripped. Anyone have any ideas?
Creighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:13 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We have an 11 Journey and when our forward accent light didn't come on I reached over the edge on the passenger side and disturbed the connection between the wires and the light rope. Light came on.

After inspection it was a loose connection, but after a few years we ended up replacing the rope as that connection started to burn/discolor.
mjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 07:02 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Creighton, as Jeffery said you need to check the connections. I also have a 2012 Ellipse, the connections for the living room accent lights are located on the kitchen end of the ceiling panel. You need to take the screws out on the kitchen half of the panel which allows you to lower it enough to get to the connections. Mine were charred and sent them to Winnebago who sent me new rope lighting but it was still under warranty. Also there is enough rope that you may be able to cut the rope so that you have a good connection. Just make sure you cut the rope where it has the scissor symbol. If the accent lighting isn't working above the windshield that connection is located above the cabinet where your dvd/cd player is located. Check the connection to make sure it is connected properly. I haven't had an issue with the bedroom accent lighting so not sure where the connection is for it.
The Bay I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:02 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bay I View Post
Creighton, as Jeffery said you need to check the connections. I also have a 2012 Ellipse, the connections for the living room accent lights are located on the kitchen end of the ceiling panel. You need to take the screws out on the kitchen half of the panel which allows you to lower it enough to get to the connections. Mine were charred and sent them to Winnebago who sent me new rope lighting but it was still under warranty. Also there is enough rope that you may be able to cut the rope so that you have a good connection. Just make sure you cut the rope where it has the scissor symbol. If the accent lighting isn't working above the windshield that connection is located above the cabinet where your dvd/cd player is located. Check the connection to make sure it is connected properly. I haven't had an issue with the bedroom accent lighting so not sure where the connection is for it.

How did you get those plugs out that cover the screws?
One side of my accent lights also quit.

Scott
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 08:07 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Scott, take a knife such as a table knife and use that to get out the plugs. I had to use a little dab of silicone when reinstalling them.
The Bay I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 12:51 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Scott, take a knife such as a table knife and use that to get out the plugs. I had to use a little dab of silicone when reinstalling them.

Thanks John

Scott
Old 06-20-2015, 01:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Creighton
That would be "silicone dielectric grease"...NOT "silicone caulk".
Permatex 22058 - Dielectric Tune-Up Grease | O'Reilly Auto Parts
OR
Super Lube 3 oz. Tube Silicone Hi-Dielectric & Vacuum Grease-91003 - The Home Depot
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 08:03 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post

He was talking about the wood plugs that go over the screw holes, and yes I used regular silicone. Worked great. That is what manufacturer used.

Scott

Tags
light, lights