Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-17-2006, 08:11 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Well on Saturday I dropped off our Raptor and went through the PDI on the 35J - This was the 3rd time we've done the PDI with the same guy, same dealership, all went smooth. Found a couple of minor things during the PDI. One of the rear jacks was showing down when it was up. They ordered a new gizmo for it (can't recall what it was now) and one other item, that I can't even recall right now. Got it home and started packing and cleaning things, took most of the day trying to figure out how to organize things.

Today I found a couple other items that will need service. The high beams only work on the flash to pass mode, pressing the lever forward doesn't turn it on.

The bigger item, and one I hope they can resolve before our trip is the TV looks awful. All purple and green, I tried to adjust for a couple hours, but couldn't get it right. I thought it might have been cold so I warmed up the rig and ran a space heater on the dash to help. Still purple and green. I had set up the DVD player, thought I might have done something so I rather then just use the coax to the TV I ran straight RCA wires too, still bad color. The odd thing the TV has this rainbow effect, changes color from the center out. I tried to unplug the TV for 15 minutes to see if it would reset, still nothing. Anyone else have any ideas?
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 08:11 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Well on Saturday I dropped off our Raptor and went through the PDI on the 35J - This was the 3rd time we've done the PDI with the same guy, same dealership, all went smooth. Found a couple of minor things during the PDI. One of the rear jacks was showing down when it was up. They ordered a new gizmo for it (can't recall what it was now) and one other item, that I can't even recall right now. Got it home and started packing and cleaning things, took most of the day trying to figure out how to organize things.

Today I found a couple other items that will need service. The high beams only work on the flash to pass mode, pressing the lever forward doesn't turn it on.

The bigger item, and one I hope they can resolve before our trip is the TV looks awful. All purple and green, I tried to adjust for a couple hours, but couldn't get it right. I thought it might have been cold so I warmed up the rig and ran a space heater on the dash to help. Still purple and green. I had set up the DVD player, thought I might have done something so I rather then just use the coax to the TV I ran straight RCA wires too, still bad color. The odd thing the TV has this rainbow effect, changes color from the center out. I tried to unplug the TV for 15 minutes to see if it would reset, still nothing. Anyone else have any ideas?
Old 12-18-2006, 04:07 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

The TV problem could be something relatively simple, or not. What you are describing sounds like bad purity (I'm assuming your TV is a traditional CRT.) The way I used to set up color TV purity nn years ago was:

- Back of TV removed
- Service switch to red screen
- Yoke (coil of wires around neck of picture tube) slid in or out for pure red screen

Turn your color intensity control completely off and look at the resulting black and white picture. If you have large splotches of red/blue/green showing then it is most likely a purity problem. If you have red/blue/green fringes around picture detail, then there is a convergence problem which can probably be adjusted out. And lastly, if the black and white picture looks, well, black and white, then there is a color problem which is most likely a component failure.

Oh - one more thing I just thought of.. every CRT has a degausser which is a coil of wire around the front part of the picture tube. Every time the TV is turned on a rush of current is sent to the coil which demagnetizes the picture tube. If this is inoperable you will have splotches of color in your black/white picture. If the TV is near a strong source of magnetism, the splotches will return after the degausser finishes.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 05:56 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Y-Guy I need your help. I have the Sunova 35J just over 1 week. When I press the parking brake there is alot of resistance. I need to press down very hard to set the brake. Are you finding the same - not sure if I need a service call>
FamilyBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:08 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Humm mine doesn't go down very far to set. I previously had an F350 and after a year the brake would hit the floor. My gut is that you are fine, but if you are in doubt call your sales guy to confirm - or I bet somebody else will chime in.

As you press, does it feel like it is meeting resistance at first then freeing up and going the rest of the way?
Old 12-18-2006, 06:09 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

John - Thanks for the write up on that. The next question is how do I remove the TV?

I'm first going to call the dealer, I really doubt there is much if anything they can do a week before Christmas. I may tinker with it myself if they can't do anything before our trip.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:41 AM   #7

You shouldn't have to remove the TV yourself.

Your dealer will REPLACE the TV under warrantee.
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:01 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

I agree, FRR - I called the dealership and they will get me in tommorow to check it out. They are going to see if they can adjust it if not they will order one, we just won't have that TV on our trip next week. Oh well I have a 19" I can take along so we can watch football. They are also sending it over to their Ford guys to check out the high beam issue.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:29 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Hey Y Guy, great to hear that you got her home. We are counting the days untill the 29th to pick up our 34-a. CONGRATS!!!!