Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2014, 09:21 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2000 Winnebego Front TV Replacement Photos

I'm hoping to get ideas to best replace my front TV with a 32" flat screen in my 2000 Winnebago Adventurer. The frame around the TV isn't a simple rectangle.
It's a plastic frame that is indented at the bottom.
I want a clean installation with no bungee cords. Photos would be a big help. If you have a unit like mine, I would appreciate suggestions with photos.

As usual.....your help is very welcome.

Thanks,
BuzzyB
buzzyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 02:37 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I hired a local RV "fix it" guy to remove my old Sony CRT TV and replace it with a Toshiba flat screen with speakers on the bottom.

It will take several steps to explain what he did

1) Remove the wooden frame from that surrounded the TV ... discarded
2) Remove the plastic "bathtub" that was under the TV and screwed to the soffit ... discarded
3) Removed the speaker that was above the TV ... retained for reinstall in a different location
4) used a saw to remove the steel framework BELOW the existing TV (I think he used a sawzall with a metal blade for this... discarded
5) installed a 2x2" vertical oak block with screws from the side so it is recessed 3/4" so it behind the face frame of the existing cabinets
6) cut a 3/4" piece of cabinet grade plywood so that it exactly fills the space between the cabinets ... and stained it to match. He made cutouts in the plywood for the power cord and the TV cables. There are four bolts through the plywood into the back of the TV.
7) he cut a 5 sided piece of white Masonite wall board the covers the footprint of the bathtub. He installed the speaker that was above the TV in this board ... the board is attached with about a dozen metal tapping screws.

The secret of this installation is the removal of the metal bracket under the old TV and then fabricating a stained board that meets up with the remaining cabinetry.

The Toshiba TV was selected because it has it's speakers on the bottom. The sound from the TV is NOT connected to the surround sound of the motorhome. The sound seems good to us.

I have a couple of pictures ... I would be glad to share them with you ... send me a message with your email address and I will forward them to you.
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 03:19 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

I changed the old tube TV on my 2000 Adventurer to a 32" Sceptre about 2 months ago. It was a pretty big job to do but I'm extremely happy with the results. I removed and discarded the plastic trim around the front of the old TV and kept the rear plastic cover as is. I removed the TV support frame and cut off the bottom "pan" leaving 2 legs hanging down. I ran 2 pieces of aluminum angle across to bolt the legs to the new TV and cut a piece of wood from an old particle board desk I had salvaged to fill the gap across the top. The wood grain matched exactly and the TV I chose fit between the cabinets perfectly too. The bezel on the TV is flush with the remaining rear cover so it looks "factory". This mod really gave the motorhome an updated look and was definitely worth the trouble.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	78020  
anoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:37 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

This is my conversion for my 2003 Adventurer ....... most of that era are the same or very similar..
tbomn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 01:33 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Hi Joe and Joan, Thanks for the you tube on the tv very helpful. As I was watching I noticed that you have a GMC Terrain. We are looking at a 2011 model to flat tow. Can you let me know how you like the car to tow and to drive. One of the few automatics that can be towed 4 down. Any issues with that.?

Thanks for any insight,
Old 11-03-2014, 01:51 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Marguerite66.... You have a PM..
tbomn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 10:20 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

TV installation

This is what I did on my 05 Itasca 36RD
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PA264562.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	80087   Click image for larger version

Name:	PA264570.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	80088  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf 32" LCD TV Install.pdf (1.49 MB, 103 views)
lwasouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 10:44 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Why not go with a 46 inch TV??? This one is hinged on top and is held up with gas struts so that all the electronics can be accessed behind.
[email protected]
B Kane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replace, replacement