Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Running Gear, Axles, Brakes, Wheels and Tires
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-05-2010, 10:27 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago Parking Brake Switch

2000 Winnegago Adventurer 35U

My 2 slide outs are extended jacks dont go down the "Not in Park/Brake" stays on no matter where the pedal is.
HWH and I are 99% sure the swich is bad ... that is the easy part

I absolutly can not see the switch used mirrors even a flexable scope used to check inside walls...I also took pictures wih my Camera. I have tried every body position and spent hours....

I can not find it (JustAnswer hasn't Answered my paid for query as they are usually do with in hours) Winnebago says "bring it to a dealer"...Be interesting driving 50 miles with both slide outs extended

can any one point me in the direction of getting direction ?
Rodney T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:27 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney T View Post
2000 Winnegago Adventurer 35U

My 2 slide outs are extended jacks dont go down the "Not in Park/Brake" stays on no matter where the pedal is.
HWH and I are 99% sure the swich is bad ... that is the easy part

I absolutly can not see the switch used mirrors even a flexable scope used to check inside walls...I also took pictures wih my Camera. I have tried every body position and spent hours....

I can not find it (JustAnswer hasn't Answered my paid for query as they are usually do with in hours) Winnebago says "bring it to a dealer"...Be interesting driving 50 miles with both slide outs extended

can any one point me in the direction of getting direction ?
on my moho, the pb switch is a small white plastic item located on the inboard side of the parking brake mechanism under the dash near its fwd end. there is a wire that attaches to it that may have come off. i can see my switch from the right angle with the dash flipped up. i have heard that there is an adjustment on the switch. i had a lot of trouble with the wire connection coming off until i quit releasing the foot operated parking brake with a bang. i keep my foot on the pedal so that the release is ''soft'' now.
schucks auto supply has a parts breakdown picture of the switch and can order one for about $5.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:20 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

maybe this will help

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f22/wh-pa...tch-20844.html
ccook129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:28 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

unless its this
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RGS pump switch replacement.pdf (1.26 MB, 221 views)
ccook129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:21 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

I hate to admit this, but when that happened to me my DW pointed to the key master shut off and asked, "Could that be the problem?" The master switch was turned off and gives the same "park brake not set" indicator.

Of course I told her "NO," and waited until she turned her head and turned it back on.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 06:21 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I took the maser switch out after replacing the solenoid 2X
Thanks and have a great day
Old 10-10-2010, 06:28 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Hi Cookie 129....unfortunatly my 2000 doesnot have the auto system so the GREAT document would be a major asset for the no anutomatic replacement of the parking brake switch
Old 10-10-2010, 06:32 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Dan L...I can't beleive I didn't have my head in that position...I actually SEE IT :-) seing is all I could possibly do as I see now way with out cutting torch to get at it and change it

Thanks a million as that switch seems to be functiong I am looking at the big possibility of a failed pump motor..
Old 10-10-2010, 01:48 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney T View Post
Dan L...I can't beleive I didn't have my head in that position...I actually SEE IT :-) seing is all I could possibly do as I see now way with out cutting torch to get at it and change it

Thanks a million as that switch seems to be functiong I am looking at the big possibility of a failed pump motor..
you are welcome.
make sure that the wire is still attached to the switch. if it is not, the dash light will stay on and the hwh system will not work.
i can reach my switch by opening the drivers door and kinda reaching under the dash from outside. i used a mirror last time to reattach the switch wire.
you can jumper the switch wire to ground, taking it out of the circuit for troubleshooting purposes. if the wire comes off of my switch again, i will probably jumper it to ground permanently. it is definitely a pita to reach.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote