Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Running Gear, Axles, Brakes, Wheels and Tires
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-01-2019, 03:05 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderfan View Post
Update: I installed the 135 Deg extenders on rear outside tire, so all stems now available for tire pressure reading and inflation. Ordered the Borg stainless stems as suggested, and I plan on having my local Pete’s install them at a later date. Then will probably get the eeztire system and use the non-theft deterrent sensors. Thanks for all the information and insight!
Thanks for updating us on the outcome of all our advice. Too often the OPs just disappear from the discussion and we never know the outcome.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 11:07 PM   #22
Mark

Another update: got the Borg stainless steel valve stem kit as suggested. Braided inner dually stem is replaced by a straight stem that gets bent slightly to fit well. Found a local truck tire outfit that installed all 6 stems for $10 a wheel. All set for installation of my Eeztire TPMS this weekend. Bit pricey as stated, but peace of mind with knowing all tire pressures and temperatures while on the road. Thanks all !
Raiderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 11:19 PM   #23
Let's kill some bugs!

Quote:
Another update: got the Borg stainless steel valve stem kit as suggested. Braided inner dually stem is replaced by a straight stem that gets bent slightly to fit well. Found a local truck tire outfit that installed all 6 stems for $10 a wheel. All set for installation of my Eeztire TPMS this weekend. Bit pricey as stated, but peace of mind with knowing all tire pressures and temperatures while on the road. Thanks all !
$10 is a bargain! I hope I can find that kind of the deal.

What was it about the EEZtire system you liked better than the TST 507? Just curious.
John Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 11:32 PM   #24
Mark

Several things: good reviews by users. Ease of setup. Clarity (black on white) of the display. Size of sensors (small). I went with the anti-theft, not the flow through type, so small sensors that won’t get scraped off or affect tire balance. I will toss out the anti-theft outer case. Not towing a toad, so not concerned about repeaters, etc. That’s pretty much it.
Old 01-08-2019, 11:36 PM   #25
Mark

Hey John, you are local. Call my new buddy Raul at Precision Truck Tire Service in Riverside when you are ready and see if he will give the same deal ! He also said they have all the same valve stems for much cheaper, but that is unconfirmed. Good Luck!
Old 01-08-2019, 11:43 PM   #26
Let's kill some bugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
In the long run you're going to be better off with solid extended valve stems that mount in place of your existing valve stems. This will eliminate any flailing around.

Borg is one manufacturer. The downside is that they are not a DIY install since the wheels need to be removed and the bead "broken" in order to access the inside of the rim. If you need new tires anyway, now's the time.

In some postings I've seen others quote a pretty reasonable installation charge even if not getting new tires so check around before discarding this option.
Bob, are your extended stems like this shown below, with the inner stem straight? I'm curious, because with my Ford F53 chassis wheels it appears the long stem for the inner wheel needs a bend in it. I posted photos of my inner wheel in an earlier post, showing how the stock flexible braided extension has to bend to make it out the hole of the outer wheel. Do you have a link for the Borg's you bought?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	extended valve stems.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	170827  
Old 01-08-2019, 11:46 PM   #27
Let's kill some bugs!

Quote:
Hey John, you are local. Call my new buddy Raul at Precision Truck Tire Service in Riverside when you are ready and see if he will give the same deal ! He also said they have all the same valve stems for much cheaper, but that is unconfirmed. Good Luck!
Perfect, I'll call him. I'm not far away, Yorba Linda. If they have the stems, that's less hassle to have them installed.
Old 01-08-2019, 11:56 PM   #28
Mark

Also, my Borg kit was exactly like the one you show, only I got the set that includes the front tires as I wanted some additional length there. Straight one was bent by using the box end of a box wrench near the middle. The oval inserts provide support after it is bent. Mark
Old 01-09-2019, 10:28 AM   #29
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Locke View Post
Bob, are your extended stems like this shown below, with the inner stem straight? I'm curious, because with my Ford F53 chassis wheels it appears the long stem for the inner wheel needs a bend in it. I posted photos of my inner wheel in an earlier post, showing how the stock flexible braided extension has to bend to make it out the hole of the outer wheel. Do you have a link for the Borg's you bought?
Mine were for a Workhorse chassis and the long stems are bent. Here's a link:

DL4GMCC Chrome Duallyvalve Kit

Borg should be able to supply what you need based on your specific chassis. Although you can bend it yourself there's always a danger of kinking the tubing. I'd suggest calling Borg.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 02:05 PM   #30
Winnebago Camper

I have an Outlook 31 N and wanted to put extensions on the rear duels. I went to SS Tire in Phoenix and spoke with Firebird Tire that was recommended above. Both said since the wheel covers go out they can't put extensions on that would go to the outside. The wheel covers have to be removed whenever you want to check the air pressure or add air. It would take 10 to 12" extensions and they won't install extensions that long. They suggested that the wheel covers be replaces approximately $190 plus another $200 or more to install the extensions. I put a short extension on the inside dual because I couldn't get an air line to connect. This is on an E450 frame. Anyone addressed this issue.
GJOoutlook31 is offline   Reply With Quote