Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Running Gear, Axles, Brakes, Wheels and Tires
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-19-2010, 05:33 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Inop. brake lights

The brake lights on my 04 Adventurer do not work. Checked bulbs and they look fine. This may be the reason my cruise control does not work but I don't know what to check next. Turn signals work, just no brake lights. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
GAVERY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:10 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAVERY View Post
The brake lights on my 04 Adventurer do not work. Checked bulbs and they look fine. This may be the reason my cruise control does not work but I don't know what to check next. Turn signals work, just no brake lights. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Make sure they have a good ground
Old 10-20-2010, 04:42 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

If you have a brake light that is not working your cruise control will not work either. I just had this problem. The center line brake LED bar on our Adventurer burned out and I had to order one from Winnebago (about $35.00+/-). To get the cruise control functioning while the part was in transit, I bought a cheap LED light bar from Tractor Supply, connected it to the electrical line for the brake light that was connected to the burned out led bar and placed it inside the rear cap where it couldn't be seen, and put the burned out light back into its usual position. Since a working light was present, the cruise control was functional again. You might have to disconnect the chassis (engine) battery for a few minutes to allow the computer to reset (I had to disconnect it). If you try this, make sure that the temporary light will fit through the opening in the rear cap.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:45 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

How about the brake light switch on the brake pedal mechanism?
OldChief7155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:51 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

the light sw that the brake pedal actuates has two parts. one is the brake light and the other is the cruise control. on my moho, the switch plunger was worn a little where the brake pedal arm contacts it.
i disconnected the 2 electrical connectors and using a vom, adjusted the switch closer to the brake pedal by turning it in its threads until the cruise portion of the switch had continuity and the brake light portion did not have continuity with the brake pedal in the normal off position.
i can see and barely reach this switch with my dash flipped up.
my cc and brake lights have functioned normally since i adjusted the switch.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:39 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAVERY View Post

check the brake switch.
Tim&Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:15 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Inop. brake lights

Thanks for all the help-will probably try to find the brake switch tomorrow. That makes sense to me to be the problem as cruise control has not worked for some time and probably have not had brake lights either. Thanks guys.
GAVERY is offline   Reply With Quote