Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2017, 12:36 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via AIM to ed rzepka
Faux Lug Nut Covers

My Winnebago has the faux hub cover over the center of the aluminum rim that has 8 fake lug nuts. Two of the fake lug nut covers can be removed and under it are two real nuts that fasten the hub to the rim. These fake lug nut covers are damaged. Before I go to Winnebago, does anyone know where, online or other, where I buy these things. I have searched the internet and can’t seem to find what I am looking for.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:40 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Any truck supply house including NAPA sells them
LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 12:59 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

In addition to the above, you can find them at auto/truck salvage yards.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed rzepka View Post
My Winnebago has the faux hub cover over the center of the aluminum rim that has 8 fake lug nuts. Two of the fake lug nut covers can be removed and under it are two real nuts that fasten the hub to the rim. These fake lug nut covers are damaged. Before I go to Winnebago, does anyone know where, online or other, where I buy these things. I have searched the internet and can’t seem to find what I am looking for.
I got exact replacement lug nut covers for my 1996 Safari here:
Wheel Simulators - Axle Covers | AW Direct

BTW Grander also has them: https://www.grainger.com/?gclid=CPj_...170221200514:s
Woodchopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:12 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

What style would you like?

Semi Truck Lug Nut Covers, Chrome (Spike, Bullet, Etc.)
Old 02-21-2017, 01:13 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

The last time I was in a Flying J they had bins of them.
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:39 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

I believe "75 Chrome Shop", a large chrome truck accessory store on the west side of the Hwy-44 and Hwy-75 have them. Its only 15 miles north-west of Leesburg.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:07 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the suggestions. Part of the problem is I am unable to identify exactly what I have. I have been to the Winnebago Website and it looks like they have the part, but no identifying information (like size, etc.) only a picture of the part and part number. I don't want to buy from them as this whole motorhome thing has been a nightmare since I took delivery and I don't want to give Winnie any more money unless I have to. I do intend to go to my local NAPA and will try 75 Chrome. I probably will call a couple of the websites mentioned by some of the posters. I called one website before I posted on IRV2 (not one of the suggested ones) and was told what they offer is shown on the website.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:36 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Easiest way is go on the Litchsinn RV website Winnebago, Itasca and Workhorse RV Parts from Lichtsinn RV and put in the information and they will look up the part and will give you a quote on it. They are a mile from the Factory. Ordered from them online and got the parts a week later and also when I was in Forest City stopped by for a minor repair. They do a great job. When you get the quote if you don't like the price you simply don't call them to complete the order and pay for it.
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 07:59 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Chrome Country has a set of 20 for $8.99 Even if you had to buy 2 sets for your rig so they all match, it's less than $20.00. Take one with you when you go to NAPA or the other suggestions. I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for

http://chromecountry.com/store/#!/Nu...0&sort=nameAsc
LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:55 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Most of the covers at the truck stops are 33mm covers, you might have, like mine, 30mm covers. I'm still looking for 4 more.
'99 Ultimate Freedom, UKQ38KD, on a Freightliner chassis, trailer towing a 1950 Crosley Station wagon .... Member of the Non-Affiliated Camping Group FMCA #F462997 RVM #146
Eyephoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 11:50 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Ed,
I have a question or two for you. You state you have a "faux" or, (fake) hub cover over the ALUMINUM rim, correct? May I ask, is that rim really ALUMINUM or, is it a STEEL rim with Stainless steel wheel liner covers? The reason I ask is, 99.9999% of Any alloy wheels, as in Alcoa or other brands, do not use any cover over the hub, that's fastened with the style of fastening system you're describing. If I recall, that fastening system ONLY applies to a Stainless steel wheel liner that is laid over a steel wheel and, a hub cover is then applied which, has the other 6 or so, FAKE lug nuts press formed into the base of the hub cover. Then, while all that's placed against the wheels, then the two REAL lug nuts are installed which, do the job of holding both the hub cover and the wheel liner on. Is that what you have? Or, am I just missing something that a newer coach has both a hub cover that's held on with lug nuts, AND aluminum rims?
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 12:16 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Scott
I have copies you post and provided answers in blue.

I have a question or two for you. You state you have a "faux" or, (fake) hub cover over the ALUMINUM rim, correct?
Correct.
May I ask, is that rim really ALUMINUM or, is it a STEEL rim with Stainless steel wheel liner covers? The rims are Aluminum with the inner dual steel.
The reason I ask is, 99.9999% of any alloy wheels, as in Alcoa or other brands, do not use any cover over the hub, that's fastened with the style of fastening system you're describing. This is the way it came from the manufacturer. I think it may even come from Ford.
If I recall, that fastening system ONLY applies to a Stainless steel wheel liner that is laid over a steel wheel and, a hub cover is then applied which, has the other 6 or so, FAKE lug nuts press formed into the base of the hub cover. Then, while all that's placed against the wheels, then the two REAL lug nuts are installed which, do the job of holding both the hub cover and the wheel liner on. Is that what you have? No. I know what you are talking about and I believe they are called wheel simulators. I had them on my Silverado 3500 dually.
Or, am I just missing something that a newer coach has both a hub cover that's held on with lug nuts, AND aluminum rims?

These are basically small hub caps that cover the lug nut area. Two of the fake lug nut caps are remove and there is a nut that fastens it to the wheel studs. Once fastened, the caps snap back over the fastening nuts.
You probably can look at some models on the web and get an idea.
Ed
Old 02-22-2017, 03:40 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Is this what you are looking for https://www.amazon.com/Dicor-V19582-.../dp/B00RJ0O8N4 it is sold by Winnebago on Amazon. It's to cover a 22mm lug nut and jam nut.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-22-2017, 03:45 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Take covers from another wheel when you go to NAPA. They probably can match them.
Take measurements and search E-bay. I bought a set there.
Old 02-22-2017, 03:52 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by t55watson View Post
Take covers from another wheel when you go to NAPA. They probably can match them.
Take measurements and search E-bay. I bought a set there.
That is pretty much what I plan to do since I have no idea of size. If not NAPA then 75 Chrome. Busy today and hope to tomorrow.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:40 PM   #17
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmat View Post
Is this what you are looking for https://www.amazon.com/Dicor-V19582-.../dp/B00RJ0O8N4 it is sold by Winnebago on Amazon. It's to cover a 22mm lug nut and jam nut.
Ed, If you click on the Winnebago name on Amazon you get to the Winnebago store. It appears they have almost their entire store online and paging through the pages they have them different sizes all in the area of $12. I am sure there is a lot cheaper ones at a truck stop that you couldn't tell the difference.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-22-2017, 06:12 PM   #18
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Scott
I have copies you post and provided answers in blue.

I have a question or two for you. You state you have a "faux" or, (fake) hub cover over the ALUMINUM rim, correct?
Correct.
May I ask, is that rim really ALUMINUM or, is it a STEEL rim with Stainless steel wheel liner covers? The rims are Aluminum with the inner dual steel.
The reason I ask is, 99.9999% of any alloy wheels, as in Alcoa or other brands, do not use any cover over the hub, that's fastened with the style of fastening system you're describing. This is the way it came from the manufacturer. I think it may even come from Ford.
If I recall, that fastening system ONLY applies to a Stainless steel wheel liner that is laid over a steel wheel and, a hub cover is then applied which, has the other 6 or so, FAKE lug nuts press formed into the base of the hub cover. Then, while all that's placed against the wheels, then the two REAL lug nuts are installed which, do the job of holding both the hub cover and the wheel liner on. Is that what you have? No. I know what you are talking about and I believe they are called wheel simulators. I had them on my Silverado 3500 dually.
Or, am I just missing something that a newer coach has both a hub cover that's held on with lug nuts, AND aluminum rims?

These are basically small hub caps that cover the lug nut area. Two of the fake lug nut caps are remove and there is a nut that fastens it to the wheel studs. Once fastened, the caps snap back over the fastening nuts.
You probably can look at some models on the web and get an idea.
Ed
Hey Ed,
Thanks a great deal for giving me individual answers per my questions. This is what I get for "assuming" things. I try and not do that when it comes to motor homes other than mine but, as you can see, I put my extra large foot in my own mouth on this one. I appreciate you describing what you have in detail. Good luck on your hunt for your parts.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 06:20 PM   #19
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Hey Ed,
Thanks a great deal for giving me individual answers per my questions. This is what I get for "assuming" things. I try and not do that when it comes to motor homes other than mine but, as you can see, I put my extra large foot in my own mouth on this one. I appreciate you describing what you have in detail. Good luck on your hunt for your parts.
Scott
Scott

Glad I could help.

Ed