Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2008, 07:14 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

How many of you have ever had one or more of the chrome lug-nut covers removed by unscrupulous persons? We just returned from a 2 week trip and had parked at the curb in front of our house to unload the frig, hadn't been there an hour when a neighbor called and said he say 2 young kids walk by the left side and stupe down by the left front tire. When I ran out there two of the lug-nut covers was missing, couldn't find the kids either. I'm sure they are expensive, as every thing "Winnebago" is, but would be absolutely worthless to anyone without an RV. Have never lost one on any of my RVs before.
Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 07:14 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

How many of you have ever had one or more of the chrome lug-nut covers removed by unscrupulous persons? We just returned from a 2 week trip and had parked at the curb in front of our house to unload the frig, hadn't been there an hour when a neighbor called and said he say 2 young kids walk by the left side and stupe down by the left front tire. When I ran out there two of the lug-nut covers was missing, couldn't find the kids either. I'm sure they are expensive, as every thing "Winnebago" is, but would be absolutely worthless to anyone without an RV. Have never lost one on any of my RVs before.
Wagonmaster2
Old 03-22-2008, 04:00 AM   #3
doc
Winnebago Owner

truckstops have them by the bins full. Pull one of yours off to make the match. Couple of bucks.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 04:17 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Truckstops sell them they cost a dollars or 2 I had to replace 2 of them last year.

Celebration Florida
Ron and Patti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 04:24 AM   #5
KIX
Winnebago Master

Wagonmaster, You will need to know the lug nut size (obviously) for an accurate fit. We have a Spartan chassis and order them directly from Spartan. Ours are 36mm and are just not available at truckstops we've been to.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:46 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Talk about timely posting. I noticed about two weeks ago that I have missing from my right front wheel and didn't know how I woould replace it with out buying a whole cover. but now I know. Thanks for info.
jimo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 06:11 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the question, the answers were perfect for me as I just replaced a front wheel cover and was tighting the lug nut covers and wondering if these aren't tight enough and fall off where will I get another one?

2005 Itasca Sunrise 33V
Old Odyssey Toad
Bayway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:56 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

To Wagonmaster;
I don't frequent ALL truck stops, but I do stop at Flying J's mostly. And, not all Flying J's have a wide variety of lug nut covers, but most of them do.
Like it was mentioned, take one in the store with you and be sure to get the right size. I did, then swore I had the wrong size 'cause they just wouldn't go on the lug nuts. Well, guess what.... They were the right size but tight, tight, tight to put on. Used a wooden club to finish the installation.
And NO, they are not expensive; about 75 cents apiece.

Good luck.

Jim E.
Douglas, Georgia
J.S.Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 02:12 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

I don't know anything about your temper Wagonmaster but maybe its better you didn't chance upon them while they were helping themselves to your possessions, if you know what I mean.
Fakrwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 04:51 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Fakrwee-- You're probably right. I used to wonder why (when I was a teen-ager) old people were so grouchy, now after over 50 years putting up with some of the schnanagins kids pull I can understand why. Knowing the lug-nut cover has no use to them just makes it even more aggravating.
Wagonmaster2
Old 03-22-2008, 05:32 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

Camping World also sells the chrome nut covers or any truck chrome shop.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 08:19 PM   #12

If your motorhome has Dicor brand wheel simulators, which many Winnebago models do, you can buy them from your local Winnebago dealer or on-line at www.dicor.com

You can purchase the needed parts only or full sets of wheel simulators...
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:24 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

I lost 3 of them recently in a toll booth in Texas (I think). They narrowed down with a curb as you entered and I hit the passenger side curb an lost 3 of them. Have not been able to replace, but have not been looking too har. I still think it was the curb's fault.
Lindsay Richards is offline   Reply With Quote