Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2008, 03:35 PM   #1

I have a sounds like a 'groan' when I apply the brakes on my W20 chassis. No brake problems or issues, just a groaning noise coming from the brake pedal (inside the MH) when applying the brakes. How & where do I lube the brake pedal?
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 03:35 PM   #2

I have a sounds like a 'groan' when I apply the brakes on my W20 chassis. No brake problems or issues, just a groaning noise coming from the brake pedal (inside the MH) when applying the brakes. How & where do I lube the brake pedal?
Old 03-30-2008, 04:09 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Mine had the same type sound, it turned out to be an ABS issue. One of the rear ABS sensors was not seated in its keeper.
mountainkowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 05:11 PM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mountainkowboy:
Mine had the same type sound, it turned out to be an ABS issue. One of the rear ABS sensors was not seated in its keeper. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did the noise sound like it was from within the MH? It used to make the sound occassionally but does it all the time now.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:40 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

I have the same "groaning" brake problem on our Georgie Boy Landau 34', Workhorse W-20 chassis, 8.1 Liter Engine. Coach Care staff at Tom Stinnett RV in Clarksville Indiana took at look at it this past fall and basically said it was the nature of the beast. They are also a Workhorse service center. That is hard to believe but I don't know what else to do with it or where to take it for additional diagnosis.
As soon as you start the engine, and depress the brakes the "groan" is heard.
The next time I have it in for general service I will mention the ABS seating problem and see if that gets any attention.

Thanks Dennis
dcoff12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:09 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I took our into Redlands truck & rv, it took the tech awhile to get it to show up. He got it to trip an ABS code on a road test.

As for the noise is was a strange hum that came from under the dash area.
mountainkowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:18 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Mine will groan when I press the brake and the engine is not running. As soon as I start the engine, all is good.
Frank O.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:36 PM   #8
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrankO:
Mine will groan when I press the brake and the engine is not running. As soon as I start the engine, all is good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>FrankO, That's your emergency pump motor talking to you!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:41 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

FrankO, That's your emergency pump motor talking to you!

Question: Off the main subject. Is the emergency pump as effective as the vac/hyd system?
RottenRalph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:58 PM   #10
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RottenRalph:Question: Off the main subject. Is the emergency pump as effective as the vac/hyd system? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>RottenRalph, In the event your fan belt breaks you are going to loose the drive to the power steering pump. The pump provides all the power for the Hydro-Max system. The electric motor will provide enough power to the Hydro-Max so you can come to a safe stop without the power steering pump working.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote