Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2019, 10:59 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Looking to Trade?

This is probably an unorthodox post, but it might work.
I love my fairly new 2018 22’ Minnie Winnie Spirit with 6400 miles but am preparing for an almost six month stay in New England in May and would love something bigger.
A 27’-30’ class A or C would be fabulous.
Either a permanent or temporary trade would be great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	16E3B3C1-282A-49E2-8558-954DF3AC39F1.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	345.0 KB
ID:	170845  
SpirSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:11 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I'm not sure I see the advantage of a trade, at least a permanent one. It seems like you're limiting your pool of potential "buyers" as well as "sellers" in that they need to want your's and you their's.

It seems like you'd have a better chance of finding the rig that fits you best by selling and buying.

Is there an advantage I'm missing, like assuming each other's loans? If you're heavily financed, you'll likely be upside down in terms of selling your's.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:34 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Hi Bob,
It’s paid off.
I’ve been to dealer.
As you know, what they want on a trade is ridiculous, and what they have in stock...ehh.
There is a 27’ 2015 Itaxca Sunstar but it’s got no warranty left, and I’m not handy.
$5500 is what they quoted me on a five year limited but that excludes a whole host of potential issues.
Thought that there might be an option here but you’re right, I’m probably better off trying to sell it on RVTrader and going up a little in size on another.
It’s just that for ordinary local camping trips, this 22’ is perfect.
Thanks for your input.
Sure you don’t want to trade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
I'm not sure I see the advantage of a trade, at least a permanent one. It seems like you're limiting your pool of potential "buyers" as well as "sellers" in that they need to want your's and you their's.

It seems like you'd have a better chance of finding the rig that fits you best by selling and buying.

Is there an advantage I'm missing, like assuming each other's loans? If you're heavily financed, you'll likely be upside down in terms of selling your's.
SpirSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 04:34 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I traded! 2018 winni Intent. Whoop whoop.
Now I need to find out how to tow a car and what hitch to buy.
Old 01-28-2019, 10:37 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpirSage View Post
I traded! 2018 winni Intent. Whoop whoop.
Now I need to find out how to tow a car and what hitch to buy.
In addition to Winnieowners.com, you should check out the Toads and Motorhome Related Towing forum on irv2.com:

Toads and Motorhome Related Towing - iRV2 Forums

When you start researching toad braking systems, consider the Ready Brake products. They're 100% mechanical (no electrical or electronics to fail), less expensive than other options and most who own them love them. The ReadyBrute Elite is a combined braking system and towbar.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 08:05 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
In addition to Winnieowners.com, you should check out the Toads and Motorhome Related Towing forum on irv2.com:

Toads and Motorhome Related Towing - iRV2 Forums

When you start researching toad braking systems, consider the Ready Brake products. They're 100% mechanical (no electrical or electronics to fail), less expensive than other options and most who own them love them. The ReadyBrute Elite is a combined braking system and towbar.
As it turns out, I needed a dolly.
Signed onto that group you recommended above.
Thank you.