Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2019, 09:20 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Carpeting Installers?

Looking for a carpet installer for my Meridian. After 15 years, the carpeting in our '04 Meridian needs replaced. I know, "everyone" is replacing carpeting with vinyl flooring, but the BOSS wants carpeting.
Recognize the various RV repair centers are justified in their $125+ labor rate, but I prefer an individual to install. The coach is located in Glendale, AZ (Phoenix metro area).
PapaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 06:50 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Check out Craig's list and see if you can find an independent installer who'll take on the job. It'll be much cheaper.

Many, if not most, carpet companies use subcontract installers and they may be willing to refer you to someone.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 05:58 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Hi - I don't know of anyone but am not too far away and extremely interested for our 08 Journey. I'd be happy to be a 'second' if it makes any difference to a potential installer to have more business!
ziaptrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 04:29 PM   #4
Winnie Vectra Full Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaRed View Post
Looking for a carpet installer for my Meridian. After 15 years, the carpeting in our '04 Meridian needs replaced. I know, "everyone" is replacing carpeting with vinyl flooring, but the BOSS wants carpeting.
Recognize the various RV repair centers are justified in their $125+ labor rate, but I prefer an individual to install. The coach is located in Glendale, AZ (Phoenix metro area).
Discount Direct Floors

Lake Havasu City AZ

Tim Rhymer

928-733-0897

This guy has done some motorhomes and is supposed to be really good.
Also heard he may have a waiting list
TenMillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 06:53 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaRed View Post
You might want to check with Josh at unlimited collision. They are in Litchfield, next to the air force base and have a pretty incredible shop(I think they moved from Glendale or phoenix). They repaired our Meridian 40u after a texting driver hit us at full speed while we were parked with flashers on at a Flagman for road construction. I’ve unfortunately had the opportunity to stop in a “few” times and have been impressed with their work on mine and other coaches. They do everything including carpet and flooring. They also charge less then the dealers! I have referred 3 friends to them and all are happy with the work. Give him a call and get a quote. The office is 623.979.7565. His number is 602.885.1368. Worth a call.
Chuck.
Old 12-02-2019, 05:34 AM   #6
Just Trying to Help

PapaRed-

If you're willing to travel to Lake Havasu, here's an iRV2 thread that may interest you:

'04 Itasca Horizon, NEW CARPET, YAHOOOOO! - iRV2 Forums
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 07:16 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Carpet

Happy to state I found a company to install carpeting in my motorhome. It was a 2-day job, but was accomplished by two installers who were prompt, courteous, and proficient - not often found in today's market.
Don't know if I can post their name, etc here, but I would be happy to highly recommend them.
PapaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 07:19 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Anyone know of any rv CarpeT INSTALLERS IN BALTIMORE AREA

Tags
install