Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2019, 01:35 PM   #1
DGRBRUV

1993 Brave re-spray

Just had our beloved Brave re-sprayed and kept it looking original - She looks superb - I know I am biased ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Winnie Resprayed.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	230.8 KB
ID:	171679  
DGRBRUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 08:29 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

I own a 1993 brave. Yours is so beautiful. I have replaced all the carpet and put hardwood floor in kitchen area. This spring I would love to get my brave somewhat looking as beautiful as yours is. I hope to find and replace all the decals on the outside. What solution did it take to make yours shine so nice? Thanks for any advise. Seatea
Seatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 01:46 PM   #3
DGRBRUV

Brave respray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatea View Post
I own a 1993 brave. Yours is so beautiful. I have replaced all the carpet and put hardwood floor in kitchen area. This spring I would love to get my brave somewhat looking as beautiful as yours is. I hope to find and replace all the decals on the outside. What solution did it take to make yours shine so nice? Thanks for any advise. Seatea
Hi,
Thanks for the compliments on our respray, I am biased of course, but I do think it looks good
We have the graphics re-done by a small graphics company that does commercial vehicles. I chose the colour match as close as I could to the original and I think he did a great job.
The spray job was also done by a small company that does commercial vehicles, as there are not many places around where I live that have a big enough spray shop to accommodate an RV.
We have had our upholstery renewed also, but we are trying to keep it as original as we can, so I don't want to change the look too much. We have owned our RV for 16years now.
Keep in touch and let me know how you are getting on
Cheers
Ian
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Winnie Int 2.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	314.7 KB
ID:	172917  
Old 03-03-2021, 12:48 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

That's a lovely bus DGRBRUV.
It's a credit to you. We bought a '93 Brave just prior to the first lockdown.
Saved it from the scrapyard, hopefully it will look as good as yours ... eventually.
UKBrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 01:04 PM   #5
DGRBRUV

Hi There,
Thanks for the comments. Where are you guys based? We have had our Brave for 18years now. Best thing we have ever done, by far. I have just put new Firestone air bags on the rear leaf springs, so looking forward to the lockdown being eased so we can travel again.
Keep in touch
Ian
Old 06-11-2023, 04:26 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Just wanted to add my congrats on keeping your Brave in such lovely shape! Our Sunrise, is as close to all original as possible. Though the previous owners removed the carpet and installed vinyl, which is easier to maintain. She just had a new awning and the awning assembly rebuilt and there are a set of Bilsteins going on all around with a matching steering damper this weekend. I have airbags on the front end as well. Banks headers and higher geared differential were added by the previous owner. He is a heavy equipment mechanic for CAT so it was done well. We haved started the de-oxidation of the body and hope that the Meguires series of products wil bring back some shine. Getting the roof joints done and my leaky front marker lights replaced next month. Our 23RC is the smallest of the series but plenty big enough for two. Cheers from Canada and if you are over this way, please let me know!
Old 06-13-2023, 01:51 AM   #7
DGRBRUV

Our winnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunriseMtl View Post
Just wanted to add my congrats on keeping your Brave in such lovely shape! Our Sunrise, is as close to all original as possible. Though the previous owners removed the carpet and installed vinyl, which is easier to maintain. She just had a new awning and the awning assembly rebuilt and there are a set of Bilsteins going on all around with a matching steering damper this weekend. I have airbags on the front end as well. Banks headers and higher geared differential were added by the previous owner. He is a heavy equipment mechanic for CAT so it was done well. We haved started the de-oxidation of the body and hope that the Meguires series of products wil bring back some shine. Getting the roof joints done and my leaky front marker lights replaced next month. Our 23RC is the smallest of the series but plenty big enough for two. Cheers from Canada and if you are over this way, please let me know!
Hi,
Great to hear from you and thanks for the comments. Sounds like you have a good rig yourselves. Lots of nice kit on it. You should lots of fun and adventures in yours too. We have had ours for over 2years now and not had any problems...we love it and have been all over Europe in it . We are on the Isle of Man at the moment, going home tomorrow. We have been here to watch the motorcycle TT races. Have you heard of them? People come from all over the world to watch the racing.
I will send you some photos when I get home, as trying to reply on my mobile is not easy. Hope to see some photos of yours.
All the best Meg and Ian
Old 02-05-2024, 06:46 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Hey Meg and Ian,
Early February here in Montreal as I scan the vintage forum and thougt I would check in and see how you folks were doing.
Our second summer in Sunrise was not without the odd event but all good. Got the leaky front marker lights replaced with surface mounted LED one and no more leaks. We continue to tweak her and this spring I will deal with upgrading the electrical system with a new converter, solar and new batteries. And we wil tackle the exterior first trying to remove the oxidation and do a major cleaning. But the priority is to Chill and Fish in Vermont.
So hope your travels are going well and would love to hear from you!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Sunrise 23r.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	468.4 KB
ID:	188323  
Old 02-06-2024, 02:31 AM   #9
DGRBRUV

Hi Brian,
Great to hear from you. Your Winnie looks identical to ours apart from the fact that you are 23ft long and we are 27ft. So I guess we have a slightly different layout inside.
We have had our girl for over 20years now and it has served us well, never let us down at home or abroad. We have done over 60,000 miles in her and enjoyed every on of those miles. Is you Sunrise diesel or petrol? Ours is a 6.2L non turbo Chevy V8 diesel.
Old 02-06-2024, 07:05 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Thanks so much for getting back to me! Yes ours is a 23R and we have a 7.4L (454) Chevy gas engine, throttle body injection and stainless steel tuned exhaust headers. Not as fuel effecient as your diesel but with the modified differential gearing and a few other tweaks she is reasonably economical for a big truck.
The layout is much the same but without the sofa/bed. Here are a few early shots... excuse the messy bed, my wife Heike will kill me for posting this..
Both she (originally from Germany) and I were wondering what it must be like to travel around the UK and Europe with your Winnie. You must have to do some serious planning in some areas with all the narrow streets, but what marvelous site there are to see!
Cheers!
Brian and Heike
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 7.52.32 AM.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	323.3 KB
ID:	188329   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 8.55.00 PM.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	272.6 KB
ID:	188330  

Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 8.55.15 PM.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	287.1 KB
ID:	188331  
Old 02-09-2024, 06:47 AM   #11
DGRBRUV

Hi Brian/Heike,
Your Winnie looks great. I am not sure if you can see the photos in my albums I have posted on here? Let me know if you can/can't.
We have travelled all over the UK, including Ireland and the I.O.M. as we love the T.T. Races on the Isle of Man. Do you know about the T.T.?
Travelling around our roads is never really a problem with our RV. The only time we need to take care is generally the approach to various campsites, as they can have narrow single track lanes leading to the campsite. When we were last down in Cornwall we had the branches of the hedges brushing both sides of the RV...... but we made it OK.

Name:	20210823_174939.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	461.6 KB
ID:	188332

Tags
brave