Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2018, 12:56 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

1967 Mini Winnie external lights inop

Bought a 'vintage' Dodge B300-based 1976 Mini Winnie, NONE of the external lights work except the headlights, I'm told there is a master relay to supply power to the chassis lighting but I can't find it behind the dashboard.
Anybody have suggestions where to look?
dboard9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 06:28 AM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

I know I am late to the party (just found these forums), but have you checked the lights themselves? The wiring of the house exterior lighting is very cheesy, and one by one the lights will fail due to a bad connection.

The wires for the clearance lights come up the left corners, where they branch out for the front and rear legs across the body. They used push-connections, where there is not a lot of contact pressure on the wires and the slightest bit of corrosion causes failure. I would start at the tail lights, and check for voltage at the wire itself coming into the housing. If present, use a sharp probe to push down on the metal strip where the wire connects to the light. This will work in the meantime, eventually you will need to change all the clearance lights out for modern units (LEDs look nice on these Minnies), and clean up the wiring to the taillights.

Good luck.
DRTDEVL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights