Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2018, 07:02 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Winnie Drop Roof Question?

Greetings, my wife and I bought a brand new Winnie Drop WD170S last fall, we dearly enjoy the layout!!. Tows great behind our 04 Honda Pilot (I know, pushing the limits). We've only got to use it a couple of times so far. I recently got on a ladder to clean the roof. So my question is, the roof covering is not at all flat. It has rolls and dips all over it. Surprised me to take note that the radio antenna is only attached to the roof membrane as it seems to float with the roof covering.

I had some question about the back exterior wall last year when is was bubbling out. I called Winnebago directly and was told this was normal due to heat expansion. My local dealer did however reseal the lower trim as it had separated on the trip home, (maiden tow with vehicle of 45 miles).

Additionally I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy with the technical support of my RV dealer. Truly getting the feel of now the RV is off their lot and they have the money, we are the very least of their concerns. And somehow I am finding it hard to believe this is how Winnebago whats their costumers to feel about their products to a first time Winnebago customer?

I'd appreciate any feedback and support. - Cary
CVon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 06:07 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Hi CVon
My 2301BH also has a roof that isn't totally smooth, but my understanding is that the roof also allows for some expansion and contraction as temps change.

Not sure about your rear wall. Does not sound like the norm.

Dealers vary widely from one to another, but they typically don't make much on the sale. Service is there bread-n-butter, so unless they are just bad, they should look forward to your service business.
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:51 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you for your feedback! Since my original post I have found a Winnie dealer who would be delighted to evaluate my RV. I did buy an extended warranty for the trailer which the new dealer will gladly honor.
I do live in the northwest, so I guess I should expect the temperature changes to have some effect on the shell of the unit.

You pay cash for something brand new, I guess you kind of want it to look pristine for the first 12 months.

Enjoy and be safe out there - CV
CVon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof