Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2007, 01:10 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Why in the world did Winnebago not provide for sewer hose storage on my new '07 33V Voyage? Any ideas as to where to mount a hose storage tube would be welcomed.
Craig Heyne & Co-Pilot/Navigator Sharon. 2007 Voyage 33V W20. Brazel's Ultra Power Permormance kit. CAI, Reprogramming, plug wires, Steer-Safe, Suzuki Grand Vitara toad, two spoiled cats and a GPS set to infinity.
Craig H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 01:10 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Why in the world did Winnebago not provide for sewer hose storage on my new '07 33V Voyage? Any ideas as to where to mount a hose storage tube would be welcomed.
Craig Heyne & Co-Pilot/Navigator Sharon. 2007 Voyage 33V W20. Brazel's Ultra Power Permormance kit. CAI, Reprogramming, plug wires, Steer-Safe, Suzuki Grand Vitara toad, two spoiled cats and a GPS set to infinity.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:25 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Craig,

Your timing is remarkable! I just finished installing the second of two sewer hose storage tubes on my rig. The first one is about 4' long and is attached to the rear drivers side of the frame, right under the cooling fans and radiator for my basement air. There is a frame that supports the radiator and I was able to use some large screw clamps and fasten it to a piece of angle iron. I used 4" PVC with a slide on cap. The tube angles slightly downward towards the back of the rig for easy removal of the hose.

The second on I just installed is in the propane cabnet on the curb side. There was plenty of room on each end of the tank, so I mounted a 2' piece of PCV using plummers metal strapping tape to the top of the cabnet metal support rails. Real easy, inexpensive, and gets the sewer hoses out of the sewer bay. I am going to add a second 2' piece directly under the one in the propane bay, and attach it with screw clamps to the first one. I carry a 10' extension sewer hose just in case, so I can add it to my 20' footer if necessary. I had to use them both this Thanksgiving at a camp ground near my house.

Hope I explained it well enough for you, if not let me know and try to fill in the gaps....

Sarge

Our Travel Blog www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchickalaska
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 01:38 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Craig asked...Any ideas as to where to mount a hose storage tube would be welcomed

Craig, I have a 33V Advent, but I think it is pretty similar. I mounted a piece of 4 1/5 OD ABS tubing transversely (parallel to the rear bumper) to the angle brackets that mount the trailer hitch to the frame..I made some straps ( 1/8 x 1 in a half circle) to hold the tube to a piece of 1x1 angle bolted to the hitch angle..The tube holds 2 ea. 20' hoses with their slip connecters in place.It has really worked well for the three years I have had it on there. Hoses stay dry and nearly odor free..Mine is 92" long, to fit the 2 hoses I use. I left the ends open for circulation, retain the hoses with a 1/4 x 5 carrige bolt and wing nut on each end..Nice to NOT have them in the sewer valve compartment..rgr...
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 01:48 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I got a tall 5 gallon chlorine bucket that the neighbor had left over from his pool chemicals. It has a sealed, screw on lid. It fits 2 10' hoses and the 90 elbow for the end. I put the hoses in the bucket, seal the lid and put it in the bin to the left of the sewer bay. Once a year, I fill the bucket, add some chlorine and let it sit. Then after an hour or so, I dump it into my sewer clean out on my home sewer main.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:52 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks to all who replied.I really hate having the hose in a compartment. Shame on Winnebago for not allowing for hose storage. Crheyne
Old 01-07-2007, 05:33 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Craig says.....Shame on Winnebago for not allowing for hose storage. Crheyne

Im not to say that no class A's have a place, but I've sure not noticed any. Seems to have gone away when rear bumpers got "stylish".. Not too hard to add tho.. Another place I've seen them added is along the lower inside edge of a slide out, probably a little easier for most owners to add than what I used.It's just one of those things manuf. must not feel that most customers would pay to have one. Everything costs....rgr...
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 05:55 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

I mounted a carrier under the front slide. I mounted it with bolts through the bottom of the StoreMor compartment.

I have seen a swivel carrier mounted in the top of the long StoreMor compartment. It swivels out so you can remove the hose easily.
It came that way from the factory.