Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2019, 09:20 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donstar View Post
I was at my dealership for warranty work and I was offered reasonable "deal" on the Voyager brand camera system made for the rough-in on our new TT's. My sales person said so far they haven't installed one. I was told that you get what you pay for but even with a good deal, these systems are double the price of wireless systems that may not be an exact plug and play. Please continue to offer any recommendations. Thanks.
I recommended a good system to you but I guess it was too inexpensive. Not sure what you really want. Best of luck.
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 10:07 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbird65 View Post
I recommended a good system to you but I guess it was too inexpensive. Not sure what you really want. Best of luck.
Yes you did, Thank you! There are a few systems similar to the one you recommended on Amazon (Canada)and one like yours will probably be my best option. I particularly like the ability to add an antenna if I need to improve reception. My question this morning was simply an effort to solicit other options that I may not know about before I make a purchase. One thing I know for sure and that is there is a lot I do not know! I appreciated your responses and you helped a great deal.
Donstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 11:57 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

I imagine that behind that Voyager cover are a couple of wires with one being ground and the other coming from the running light. Take the cover off and have a look. If you have any questions then feel free to ask.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:09 AM   #24
2019 Minnie+ 26RBSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donstar View Post
I was at my dealership for warranty work and I was offered reasonable "deal" on the Voyager brand camera system made for the rough-in on our new TT's. My sales person said so far they haven't installed one. I was told that you get what you pay for but even with a good deal, these systems are double the price of wireless systems that may not be an exact plug and play. Please continue to offer any recommendations. Thanks.
I got the Voyager back up camera since it was "pre-wired" for our 26RBSS. As with most ASA/Jensen products, it is way overpriced and inferior in all respects. Sent back and got a Rear View 2 camera wireless. The pre-wire is just a jack and the power wires and is easy to swap out a different connector. I'm looking over the forum to see about mounting options as the RVS camera doesn't have a plate adapter (should have gotten the one with the Furrion plate adapter).
mthead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 08:54 AM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthead55 View Post
I got the Voyager back up camera since it was "pre-wired" for our 26RBSS. As with most ASA/Jensen products, it is way overpriced and inferior in all respects. Sent back and got a Rear View 2 camera wireless. The pre-wire is just a jack and the power wires and is easy to swap out a different connector. I'm looking over the forum to see about mounting options as the RVS camera doesn't have a plate adapter (should have gotten the one with the Furrion plate adapter).
I ended up buying a Haloview wireless system and I'm very pleased. The Voyageur rough-in was simply a cheap tap into the middle clearance light. (The person that did the rough-in made two extra screw holes to put the light back on. sloppy and unprofessional) The camera that came with my Haloview had a mounting bracket requiring four screws. It is unsettling putting screws into your RV but I was brave and used plenty of sealant. I left the voyageur cover plate in place and ran my power through the existing hole by drilling a hole through the cover plate and using a rubber grommet. The cover plate is actually setup on the backside to easily locate where to drill. I'd add a picture if I knew how!
Donstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 06:10 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

I have 2019 26Rbss prewired for voyager . Worked terrible would loose signal etc. After further inspection problem was Winnebago pre wired (what a Joke) . They did nothing but drill hole splice a hot and ground wire with a cheap crimp & cut into wire connector 1970’s
era connector. They have undersized wires running to marker and tail lights . When you measure voltage with lights on ( the only way cam gets power ) voltage drops to 11volts.

I ran new hot and ground from center bath room light out to same hole along with nice piece wiring trim ( looks great) about 3 feet long. I now just turn on bath light which is LED uses very little power versus all the standard marker and tail lights.

I now have 12.5 volts plus and cam now works as designed and advertised.
Fall Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 08:07 PM   #27
2019 Minnie+ 26RBSS

Thanks Donstar & Fall Guy. Wish I had seen the post before I sealed mine up. I had the same type of pre-wire install. I couldn't get the old bell connectors out of the hole that was cut and didn't want to pull too hard and disconnect anything. So, I did not see what size the wire was. It looked like an 18awg. I didn't think to check the voltage as my camera powered on and I had a good picture on the monitor. Thinking I should have now.
I used the Voyager cover plate to mount the camera. The screws for the plate were too small and didn't really tighten down so I used some larger ones. Seems that only the shell is holding the weight. I was thinking there would be an aluminum or wood "stud" to screw into. Having just made the trip from Louisiana to Leakey, Tx., I wonder if anything can hold up to the simply awful highways around Beaumont and Lafayette.
mthead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 04:13 PM   #28
Winnebago Watcher

I just purchased a 2020 Micro Minnie 1800BH with preparation for WiSight compatible camera. As most people think, the preparation means two cables already wired inside the hole behind the WiSight plaque. I purchased a Jensen WVHS43 from Amazon. The reason for that is:
- It was the cheapest system compatible
- I didn't feel comfortable drilling new holes into my brand new rig, therefore utilizing the existing ones seemed better
- Is a plug and play system
- It can be expanded to 5 cameras
- Because of the existing wires, it took me like 15 minutes go up the ladder, remove the plaque, 10s to connect the new camera, and then put some silicon sealant around and come down the ladder.

After the first trip, we are happy with it. I use it as a rear view mirror. It also brings some sound from the road, and the 4.3" screen is not that bad at all. The night vision is good enough to see the road on the dark.

I usually go with amazon reviews for my purchases, even if i don't buy from them. I wouldn't buy from the dealer, because they charge between 100 - 150 hr for the installation, while it took me 15 min, and their system is usually overpriced too. Although some dealers are now bringing down their prices to match Amazon's, but will make up for the profit through the installation.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:39 AM   #29
Winnebago Camper

We just had the RV dealer install a Furrion rear view camera and monitor into our Micro Mini 1706, and it is digital wireless and seems to work pretty well. 5" monitor - can add more cameras to it if needed. they installed the camera in place of the center running light on the back and the view shows me traffic for about 100 feet and also the area directly behind bumper. I will be using it first time to back into a site next weekend - we will see how it does.
Tankersm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 10:51 AM   #30
Winnebago Master

I really hope they didn't install it in place of the center running light because that is against Federal trailer lighting regulations. See area 7, the second item down. Hope you don't get a ticket.
Old 09-08-2019, 11:31 AM   #31
Winnebago Owner

This one has a built in marker light.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07D9...=6297967750501
Old 09-08-2019, 12:01 PM   #32
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodneynDawnT View Post
This one has a built in marker light.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07D9...=6297967750501
Very interesting. I haven't seen that one. It will obviously was made to comply with the Federal regulations.

Tags
camera