Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2008, 05:52 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I posted this on the class 'C' forum, but I thought I'd ask 'A' owners also.

Is pulling a trailer with a golf cart on it a good idea? We don't want to pull a car, just an electric golf "Club Car".

Does anyone else do this? Is it a viable option?
jrnutpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 05:52 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Is pulling a trailer with a golf cart on it a good idea? We don't want to pull a car, just an electric golf "Club Car".

Does anyone else do this? Is it a viable option?
jrnutpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:00 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

I quite often see folks on the way to "deer hunt camp" with a Gator on a small trailer behind their motorhome ...

They use the Gator to drag the deer out of the woods ...

The towability is not an issue ... I am wondering how you are going to go to the store to get more ice cream when you run out
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:07 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

We've seen a number of folks hauling golf cars on small trailers behind their motorhomes. One of the trailers with the ramp-style tailgate would be perfect for that.

If you'd ever want to haul both your golf car and a vehicle, these folks have some neat tow dollys:

www.racecityrvproducts.com
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:43 AM   #5
Administrator Emeritus

Another option..... I used a pickup truck as a toad and carried the cart in the bed of the truck.

Here's a pic of my coach/truck/cart setup as chronicled on a friend's website.....

rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:11 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by smlranger:
We've seen a number of folks hauling golf cars on small trailers behind their motorhomes. One of the trailers with the ramp-style tailgate would be perfect for that.

If you'd ever want to haul both your golf car and a vehicle, these folks have some neat tow dollys:

www.racecityrvproducts.com </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We bought Tandom Tow Dolly HDXL from Race City rv products. So far it works well for our needs. I did add larger tires for more ground clearance.

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 04:50 PM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jrnutpaul:

Does anyone else do this? Is it a viable option? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seems easy enough to me; you're probably limited to a maximum of 5,000 lbs. towing capacity, trailer and Club Car. I'd buy a double-axle trailer with 15" or 16" tires & wheels; I've seen them with as small as 13" tires and wheels and I feel that those are just too small for a lot of highway towing. Just don't forget the golf clubs!
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 05:26 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Just make sure that your golf cart is secured and will not move on your trailer during hard or emergency braking, or it could end up in your bedroom. I've seen some golf carts on trailers with nothing but the brakes set on the golf cart to keep it from moving- not a method I would recommend.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:23 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

No golf cart hear but we haul our 4 ATVs on our flatbed without any problem. Secure the golf cart well, check your tongue weight and you're good to go.
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 02:42 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Golf car tops are not designed to go 55 mph+ even behind RV I have seen them come off at 40mph. They are shipped without the tops on. Some tops are not as good as others like everything.Be carefull!!
Phil, Robert Trent Jones Golf Club
N6560J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:41 AM   #11
Winnebago Watcher

Where can I buy a used tandom trailer?

rvpapa3 is offline   Reply With Quote