Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2018, 04:59 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kone View Post
Wow. I know how I am and if it were me with these issues I’d be raising the roof demanding my $ back (on a busy nice weather Saturday if I had to).
Good luck.
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 05:26 PM   #22
Winnebago Master

Be glad you had the rainstorm so soon after buying it. Here in California we go for many months without significant rain. One could buy an RV here in June and not notice any leaks all summer.

You are very fortunate that Winnebago wants it back.

Your video isn't playing for me, I get a blank screen with a message about an ad closing in x seconds but I can here the audio.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 05:59 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Some of the issues listed could be attributed to the dealer not doing a proper inspection of the unit before handing it over. I know that my dealer found some items that they felt needed correction. They had parts ordered before we could even view it.
MainelyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 08:47 AM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Be interested to see how you make out. We've got a 2018 25RBHSS too, had it in at the dealer for some issues and discovered yet more (new) issues after I got it home. Now I'm chasing the dealer again, not getting returned calls or responses to emails. I'm getting sick of chasing people to do the right thing. You'd think corporations would care about their product reputation but seems they (1) don't; (2) don't need too because people keep buying their product regardless of the reputation; (3) no consumer protection on TT. My camper has been in the possession of the dealer longer than with me since I purchased it.
campinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 10:18 AM   #25
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by campinfl View Post
Be interested to see how you make out. We've got a 2018 25RBHSS too, had it in at the dealer for some issues and discovered yet more (new) issues after I got it home. Now I'm chasing the dealer again, not getting returned calls or responses to emails. I'm getting sick of chasing people to do the right thing. You'd think corporations would care about their product reputation but seems they (1) don't; (2) don't need too because people keep buying their product regardless of the reputation; (3) no consumer protection on TT. My camper has been in the possession of the dealer longer than with me since I purchased it.

The RV industry is pretty much where the US auto industry was in the 60's and 70's. There are a very limited number of companies and there is no high quality, low cost competition. The manufacturers also have a similar relationship with dealers in that the franchise agreements are very loose and favor the dealer being independent. Add to that the majority of the manufacturers have gone to paying workers on a piece work basis. This means the sooner they are done the sooner they go home. Add it all up and it isn't conducive to building in quality. I don't feel any of this will change until the RV industry faces a crisis similar to what the auto industry experienced in the 70's and 80's.

It also doesn't help that RV owners tend to fix things that are warranted rather than deal with the dealers and manufacturers. If warranty costs started to exceed their expected costs it would get the attention of the executives who could force a change. But as long as the dollars and cents look ok in the C-suite this will not happen either.
old_engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 07:46 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Can you tell me exactly where and how you replaced the staples and used wood screws to reattach the doors? I'd like to follow your same pattern before it happens to me. Thank you! A picture would be great if that's possible.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:03 AM   #27

Jcolang, are you sure you want to fix something that isn’t broken yet? Door issues aren’t that common IMO.
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 06:10 PM   #28
Winnebago Watcher

John,

I can’t provide any photos right now. The RV is in storage an hour away. I agree with the previous comment that you shouldn’t necessarily fix that which isn’t broken. I did only because mine were coming apart and I was on the road. The service manager at my selling dealer did appreciate my work, however, saying he would be happy to rebuild everything to factory specs if I wanted, but the way I’ve screwed it all together it’s not going to come apart again. I’d rather not have the dealership tear it all apart.
Bueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 01:15 PM   #29
Winnebago Camper

Just joined the forum and stumbled on this thread. I just started a new thread about problems with our new 26RBSS. We're 1st time owners and are pretty disguised with the build quality. A person should not have to repair a brand new trailer. The dealer hasn't been much help.
RayBob58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:44 PM   #30
Winnebago Camper

That should read "disgusted".
Old 10-19-2018, 07:19 PM   #31
Winnebago Camper

This is kind of a bummer. We looked at a 2019 26rbss today and the "build quality" was better than other brands on the lot. Also looking at the 27rbss as well. May have to do a little more research......
Tebpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 01:27 PM   #32
Joe & Maggie

Have had nothing but Problems with our 30RLSS it is going in for the 4th time since April we expected higher quality from Winnebago.
jpellegr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 06:51 PM   #33
Winnebago Camper

There's a common theme here. "We expected more from Winnebago". We're talking about trading ours off. We had our cargo doors replaced under warranty, but it took 3 months. Now we're just waiting for the next thing to go wrong, although I guess it doesn't matter, as our warranty expires in Dec. I won't look at another Winnebago, and I'll give our next camper a more thorough going over, whatever the brand. I hope Winnebago is a forum member here, and reads this.
Old 10-20-2018, 07:34 PM   #34
Winnebago Camper

Not to stir the pot but the 2019 Minnie plus looked "well built" compared to others on the lot. Of note, Grand Design, who was purchased by Winnebago, has a good customer service center per a lot of their RV owners. Even if you have to do the work, they will send the parts to you etc. in a timely fashion. Even with some negs about the Winnie's, still looking at the Minnie Plus line. The research continues.
Tebpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 10:23 PM   #35
Winnebago Camper

We bought a 2018 Minnie Plus 27BHSS. brought it home and 3 days later had a hard rain. water was filling up walls and flooding floor and cargo below. Ruined a lot of trim and walls. Dealer got permission after some wrangling, to replace sealant and ruined woodwork. After 2 1/2 months of send the wrong parts, some parts but not all, finally we were told ready to pick up. Went to get it and our TV, DVD's and Coats were gone. Dealer replaced TV. While tech was replacing TV, rained hard and guess what! water pouring all over the floor again! Now they want to take off the nose and do a full tear down to see where it is leaking. I just don't want it. i want my money back, or a new one just like this one that is not leaking and has been on the lot long enough to know.
I have called the Customer Service # and the Director of Customer Service every day and no reply.
I'm about to have to get ugly (I don't like) to get rid of this trailer I paid full price in cash for and have never used. We missed 2 week long camping trips this fall with our friends also.
I would recommend NOT getting a WB. Our friends got a Grand Design Imagine and love it. no problems. Also a 2018. Other Friends have a Forest River and no problems.
Good luck!
horspwr101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 07:34 AM   #36
Winnebago Master

I know the feeling but then I have also tried a number of other brands and come back to Winnebago as far better. Screwups happen and you are the current victim, so much depends on where you live. If it happens to be one of the "business friendly" states, you may be totally had. Texas state law almost totally negates motorhome warranty being practical as one has to take it to a dealer who sells that specific model. Not just that brand but that model!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 05:16 AM   #37
Winnebago Owner

Re

Fingers crossed we have had no issues with our 2019 26rbss. Other than a self induced one where we forgot to secure the bedroom door in transit. My repair to the door made it better and I’m thinking of a better way to secure it besides the snap strap only.
pj48009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 06:45 PM   #38
Winnebago Camper

I am also trying to get them to take mine back. Did they replace yours or buy it back, and how did you get it accomplished?
Were you happy with with your solution?
horspwr101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 02:43 PM   #39
Winnebago Owner

What kinds of problems are folks having with the 30RLSS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpellegr View Post
Have had nothing but Problems with our 30RLSS it is going in for the 4th time since April we expected higher quality from Winnebago.
Joe - I just bought a 2018 30RLSS. I was a little nervous because it had a slide problem that required sending it back to the factory. Hadn't even been sold yet and needed factory attention. Hopefully it was fixed permanently. What problems have you had with yours? Any showstoppers that prevented a trip from happening?

Thanks.

Brian
R_adVenture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 02:59 PM   #40
Joe & Maggie

Our slide gouged the floor, but dealer fixed the floor can’t even see the spot. Broken wire nut shorted the AC. Thermal fuse blew on Refrigerator. Water pump had to be replaced, and several fit and finish problems. Dealer has been great fixing everything.
jpellegr is offline   Reply With Quote