Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-12-2018, 11:03 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Middlebury Plant tour

I called and Winnebago of Indiana is not giving plant tours at their Middlebury trailer plant. This seems strange to me. Any thoughts on why there are no tours?

I would really like to see how they are built and the care and quality of the units at the manufacturing plant.
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:35 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Doesn't seem strange to me. With the explosion of the RV market they, and every other RV manufacturer, are putting them together as fast as they can and it's possible that they don't want to take the time to have tours.

Or they don't want people to see how they slap the new models together.
GaryS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:13 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbrn View Post
I called and Winnebago of Indiana is not giving plant tours at their Middlebury trailer plant. This seems strange to me. Any thoughts on why there are no tours?

I would really like to see how they are built and the care and quality of the units at the manufacturing plant.
Did you ask them why? That seems to be the quickest way to find out. Maybe they offer tours at certain times only.
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 03:35 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I asked "when are plant tours given" Lady on the phone said they don't give plant tours.

I really like the fit and finish of the winnebago Minnie and Minnie plus trailers, and may still buy one, but I will spend much more time inspecting any Winnebago if I do buy one.

Thanks to everyone for responding.
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 07:34 AM   #5
Joe & Maggie

Was told by our dealer that they are expanding the plant because of demand and it isn’t safe while construction is on going.
jpellegr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 07:57 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

middle bury plant tour

In November of 2016, I was passing by the plant, so I stopped and asked for a tour. They didn't seem accustomed to giving tours but called someone and arranged one. After waiting about 45 minutes, a fellow came by on a golf cart and picked us up and took us over to the factory and gave us a personalized tour. It was off the cuff and random. You got the feeling that tours coming through was not the norm. He showed us the whole plant and we met the plant manager. When I admired a chrome winnebago emblem on the front of a 2016 destination, the plant manager brought me 3 of them as we were leaving. I felt as though we were bothering them, but they accommodated us. I didn't get the sense that they normally give tours.
2015 Destination 37FL fifth wheel
bob3346 is offline   Reply With Quote