Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 12:25 PM   #181
Winnebago Camper

New owners

We bought a 2016 1706FB and are very new at this! We’ve taken her out a couple of times and have screwed up a few things but learning
Soon we are taking her way up north and will be in a campground that just has 15 amp hookup. Just wondering what 15 amps will run in the unit. There won’t be water hookup so is there a way to refill the water tank without having to hitch it up and move the trailer?
Also we have some small stains on the light coloured wood next to the stovetop- is there a way to remove and then prevent these?
We are getting some rust spots in both the bathroom and kitchen sinks - why? We make certain that we clean and dry them well.
One more - when we wake up in the morning all the windows are very wet - any suggestions on ways to lessen this condensation?
Thank you!!!
Thanks!
Old 04-28-2019, 01:21 PM   #182
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakyp View Post
We bought a 2016 1706FB and are very new at this! We’ve taken her out a couple of times and have screwed up a few things but learning
Soon we are taking her way up north and will be in a campground that just has 15 amp hookup. Just wondering what 15 amps will run in the unit. There won’t be water hookup so is there a way to refill the water tank without having to hitch it up and move the trailer?
Also we have some small stains on the light coloured wood next to the stovetop- is there a way to remove and then prevent these?
We are getting some rust spots in both the bathroom and kitchen sinks - why? We make certain that we clean and dry them well.
One more - when we wake up in the morning all the windows are very wet - any suggestions on ways to lessen this condensation?
Thank you!!!
Thanks!
You should be able to fill up your fresh water tank with jugs/containers of water and a funnel. I've not done it this way but have a hose attachment with a small tube attached specifically made for filling up the tank. (available wherever RV supplies are sold) Your condensation issue can be reduced by keeping vents or windows open s little at night. I would phone Winnebago customer support about the rust and stains. The stain issue is discussed elsewhere in this forum and seems to be a common problem with the light wood.
Old 05-13-2019, 02:09 PM   #183
Micro Minnie 1706FB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakyp View Post
Thank you!!!
Thanks!
We have been in campsites with 15A in our 1706FB and were able to run all appliances, just don't run them simultaneously. The big current draws are from the A/C, water heater and microwave, we just made sure we had only one of those on at a time. If the campsite has a low voltage I would not vouch for the A/C however.
Old 05-13-2019, 06:10 PM   #184
Winnebago Owner

I have been in campgrounds which were suppose to be 30 amp power hookups and still have simultaneous use of the A/C and microwave cause the circuit breaker to pop. So when possible do not use the two appliances at the same time.

As to filling your fresh water tank, your trailer has both a gravity feed and also a CIty water connections, the City water has the threaded connection but the gravity feed allows you to pour water directly into the fresh water tank using a funnel or something similar and a water jug or other container.
Old 06-16-2019, 10:09 AM   #185
Micro Minnie 1706FB

Getting ready for 2 month trip to the West this year, Mid July to Mid September. Modified the under seat space on our 2017, 1706FB to turn them into drawers and have to installed a Maxxair Fan. I have added a 12Volt charging station for phones and tablets, installed a second 12volt house battery, added various convenience items such as paper towel dispenser and hooks for clothing etc. and also raised the trailer by 3".
Did a 2 month trip to the North East last August and September covering 12,900 km (8020 miles) thru 4 Canadian Provinces including Newfoundland, and back to Ontario our home base thru ME, NH, VT and NY. No issues other than one flat, due to a nail, and having dual axles really kept this a safe event.
We have adapted well to this smaller trailer from our previous 24 ft trailer - F150 combination and love the maneuverability we have now, if we take a wrong turn or some thing else stupid I am prone to do, easy to recover. Probably the biggest help was that we made two removable recliner type back cushions out of foam. The way we use these is to sit sideways in the seats with cushions up against the trailer wall which gives a comfortable backrest while reading or relaxing at the table. Just need a foot support to keep your legs up.

I found that the 1706FB did not have as much ground clearance as I would like, we were marginal dumping on some occasions and could not use the full hookup at some RV sites not that this was a big deal as most of our stops were relatively short, no more than 3 days. However our trailer was a little nose up with our hitch in the lowest position so raising the trailer 3" on the axles cured this and gave us about 4" extra clearance at the rear of the trailer.

I noticed the 2019's and 2020's have 15 inch wheels and are definitely raised higher than previous models. We were told by a Micro Minnie owner we met in our travels, that there is an after market kit available to raise these trailers. I checked into it and the kit raises it 2 5/8 inches but it appeared a bit flimsy to me so I made my own out of some 3" channel and flat bar to support the open side of the channel. A machine shop drilled the holes for me to my specs and my son and I installed the 4 adapters in about 3 hours I am now a lot more comfortable heading off the beaten track which we did a lot with our previous trailer which had good ground clearance.

Plan to leave July 15th and will head out through Canada to Alberta visiting Jasper, Banff, Dinosaur and then Glacier. Then into Montana for the rest of Glacier and on to Yellowstone and south to Utah before heading back north over the Rockies on I70 to SD and then on home thru MN and MI. Lots to see and do in 2 months
Old 06-21-2019, 08:17 AM   #186
Winnebago Camper

My 2019 1808fbs came with a 6 gallon water heater and it's fantastic on both gas and electric. I was thrilled to see they dumped the tankless setup
Old 06-21-2019, 08:47 AM   #187
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerDon View Post
I have been in campgrounds which were suppose to be 30 amp power hookups and still have simultaneous use of the A/C and microwave cause the circuit breaker to pop. So when possible do not use the two appliances at the same time.
One trick I use when using AC is this. Suppose I want to use the microwave or the pop up toaster (both guaranteed to pop the 30 amp breaker with the AC on) I simply move the AC thermostat up a few degrees. After I'm through with the microwave I move the thermostat back down.
Another thing is to use the water heater on propane only. I turn it on 30 minutes before I think I need it, dish washing, showers, etc. It stays off all night. Experience is a good teacher.
Old 06-22-2019, 09:10 AM   #188
2019 Minnie+ 26RBSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoverTx View Post
I installed a RVLock for the Door. Which I love!!!

And installed a RV Tank Lock. Once someone helped themselves to my tanks.

Soon I'll install the dual battery RV Lock Box...
Just browsing and saw this. Great ideas.
Old 06-25-2019, 03:35 PM   #189
Winnebago Watcher

Add windows to slide?

Hi Everyone,
I have had my 1808fbs for about a year-and-a-half now. I just love it and I made a few little modifications on the inside.

I'm considering adding side windows to my slide out. Has anyone done this?
Old 07-04-2019, 10:15 AM   #190
Winnebago Camper

New 2108DS owner question about conncecting to home electrical system

Quick question from a newbie, I purchased a Camco heavy duty circuit analyzer/surge protector to connect to the 30 amp electrical service in campgrounds to protect the electrical stuff in the coach. I am bringing the MM home to do a few things tomorrow and connecting it to my home electrical system via a heavy duty Camco extension cord, the power cord in the TT, and a 15 to 30 amp adapter. Do I need to also connect the circuit analyzer/surge protector to my home service or do I only need it for unknown quality campground electrical services. Thanks in advance for your responses and have a Happy 4th of July.
Old 07-04-2019, 10:48 AM   #191
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecaretto View Post
Quick question from a newbie, I purchased a Camco heavy duty circuit analyzer/surge protector to connect to the 30 amp electrical service in campgrounds to protect the electrical stuff in the coach. I am bringing the MM home to do a few things tomorrow and connecting it to my home electrical system via a heavy duty Camco extension cord, the power cord in the TT, and a 15 to 30 amp adapter. Do I need to also connect the circuit analyzer/surge protector to my home service or do I only need it for unknown quality campground electrical services. Thanks in advance for your responses and have a Happy 4th of July.
It certainly can't hurt to connect it. I would do it if I had it. Our Minnie uses a hardwired Progressive Industries 30 amp surge protector. When we are not on the road it is plugged in 24/7 at home in the back yard.
Old 07-04-2019, 02:22 PM   #192
Winnebago Camper

One more questions, the Camco I have says on it "use in upright position", so I guess vertical like when hooked up to most power posts in RV parks. Trouble is my closest outlet at home is 6" off the ground. Any idea why they specify "upright"? Can I still use it lying down, or do I risk damaging it or getting fake readings? Thanks again.
Old 07-04-2019, 02:38 PM   #193
Winnebago Master

Quote:
One more questions, the Camco I have says on it "use in upright position", so I guess vertical like when hooked up to most power posts in RV parks. Trouble is my closest outlet at home is 6" off the ground. Any idea why they specify "upright"? Can I still use it lying down, or do I risk damaging it or getting fake readings? Thanks again.
I really don't know unless it has to do with heat. Are you saying that 6" won't allow you to connect it vertically? You can always contact Camco. (800) 334-2004
Old 07-04-2019, 02:43 PM   #194
Winnebago Camper

Yeah the closest outlet is about 6" off the ground, so I would have to connect the 30 to 15 amp adapter to the outlet, then connect the surge protector which would lay on the ground with the extension connected to it. I will try Camco tomorrow morning, thanks for the number.
Old 07-04-2019, 08:48 PM   #195
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Yeah the closest outlet is about 6" off the ground, so I would have to connect the 30 to 15 amp adapter to the outlet, then connect the surge protector which would lay on the ground with the extension connected to it. I will try Camco tomorrow morning, thanks for the number.

I'd recommend that you buy or make a short (4 - 6 ft) 30-amp plug-in extension to plug it in to that low outlet then curve it up so the female end can be fastened to the wall 3 - 4 feet off the ground, then plug your RV's 30-amp cord into that. That would allow the surge protector be well off the ground and relatively protected from the weather.

I didn't take note if you're in an area of frequent rainstorms, but for that reason alone I would never place one of those protectors on the ground.
Old 07-05-2019, 07:30 AM   #196
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeagle View Post
I'd recommend that you buy or make a short (4 - 6 ft) 30-amp plug-in extension to plug it in to that low outlet then curve it up so the female end can be fastened to the wall 3 - 4 feet off the ground, then plug your RV's 30-amp cord into that. That would allow the surge protector be well off the ground and relatively protected from the weather.

I didn't take note if you're in an area of frequent rainstorms, but for that reason alone I would never place one of those protectors on the ground.
That is a very workable solution in my opinion.
Old 07-08-2019, 06:48 AM   #197
2019 Minnie+ 26RBSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyD16 View Post
go to TV set up options and change to cable
Look at where your cable comes in and connects to a coax connector plate. That plate hides an antenna booster and has a button for turning the booster on and off. If the booster is on, you won’t get cable. Took me many hours of reading and a flash light to find the button. The explanation is on a 3x5 piece of paper in the packet with all those manuals and easy to overlook.
Old 07-08-2019, 11:30 AM   #198
Winnebago Watcher

Question Ground Clearance / Axle Adjust

Hy all,

I have a Micro Minnie 1700bh and would like to get more ground clearance. Underneath the trailer there appears to be some adjustment height holes for the axle, is that what it is? Can the axle be lowered to gain more height?

Thanks
Old 07-09-2019, 11:57 PM   #199
Winnebago Camper

I refilled my fresh water tank with 2.5 gal plastic water jugs during High Sierra Music Festival this past weekend. Worked well. Feel bad about the recycling but it did work in a pinch. Pouring into the gravity feed is awkward but effective. We drink and cook with water straight from gallon bottles but use the sink, shower and toilet plenty. Happy with my 1808!
Old 07-18-2019, 10:29 AM   #200
Winnebago Watcher

Wow your 2 month trip out West this year looks similar to what we want to do in May of next year from the East Coast. I'm looking to tow a 1706FB and am looking to trade and acquire a good tow vehicle. I see you have a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.6. How does that tow the Mini? And what kind of MPG do you get with that combination? Anyone else that wants to chime in on the MPG they get towing a 1706FB would be helpful too. Thanks for any info you can provide.
Closed Thread