Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 01:38 PM   #141
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2pro View Post
All I have done is close the coupler back up after unhitching and place the lock back in. If someone wants the trailer they're going to get it regardless of what you have hitch locked with. A chain and lock thought the wheel spokes would for sure slow things down for the bad guys...
You are right. A determined thief will get your trailer but you want to put enough roadblocks in his way that he will want to look for a softer target.

Old 01-21-2019, 08:46 AM   #142
Micro Minnie 1706FB

Quote:
Originally Posted by schleygo View Post
Hello all!!

I posted this in the heating cooling section, but hoping this thread will help since it is more specific.

2016 Micro Minnie 2106FBS

Issue: Atwood 6 gallon tankless water heater Model OD-5001 does not work 75% of the time during each camping trip

I am fed up with the tankless water heater ruining every trip I take with the Micro Minnie. It is so finnicky. It seems like the first day of every trip, I spend it researching how to get the tankless water heat to work. Well, I am tired of it ruining our trips.

So I contacted atwood for help and opened up a case. They said it has a recall for a scalding water issue and they can not help us any further until it is installed. I was instructed to call one of Atwood's authorized dealers but earliest anyone can work on my Minnie is August. Thanks Atwood. So I have a non authorized dealer look at it and the service department said "with these units, you are peeing in the wind throwing time and money at it. I would advise you to rip this terribly engineered unit out and put something more reliable in there. I have seen hundreds of these tankless units and they are all crap."

Question? Has anyone replaced their 6 gallon units for the Micro and will you suggest an economical and dependable one? How much did it cost? Will you include model # please?

Thank you for the info
I bought a used 2017 that has the regular gas/electric 6 gal water heater which is great. Before buying my trailer I researched the Micro Minnies and the tankless water heaters were generally a problem, I contacted a trusted dealer and they checked it out for me and advised that a regular tank hot water heater could be retrofitted to the 1706FB. In the end mine was built after the change to the tank type so I never had to retrofit it. I would recommend you not waste anymore time with the tankless and convert to a 6 gal tank heater. Check it out with your dealer to see what they can do, maybe Attwood will give you a discount on a tank heater given the issues you have had. The "gas only" heaters from eTrailer are only around $400 and that saves hooking it up electrically.
Hope you get this resolved.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:44 PM   #143
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Hello all!!

I posted this in the heating cooling section, but hoping this thread will help since it is more specific.

Issue: Atwood 6 gallon tankless water heater Model OD-5001 does not work 75% of the time during each camping trip

I am fed up with the tankless water heater ruining every trip I take with the Micro Minnie. It is so finnicky. It seems like the first day of every trip, I spend it researching how to get the tankless water heat to work. Well, I am tired of it ruining our trips.

So I contacted atwood for help and opened up a case. They said it has a recall for a scalding water issue and they can not help us any further until it is installed. I was instructed to call one of Atwood's authorized dealers but earliest anyone can work on my Minnie is August. Thanks Atwood. So I have a non authorized dealer look at it and the service department said "with these units, you are peeing in the wind throwing time and money at it. I would advise you to rip this terribly engineered unit out and put something more reliable in there. I have seen hundreds of these tankless units and they are all crap."

Question? Has anyone replaced their 6 gallon units for the Micro and will you suggest an economical and dependable one? How much did it cost? Will you include model # please?

Thank you for the info

We have a 2018 2106FBS with a electric/gas 6 gallon tank heater. It fits in the bottom of the bathroom sink cabinet. All water plumbing is accessed from inside the bathroom and looks like it would be reasonably straight forward to replace. However it might be a bit tight for my PEX crimp tool due to its length and the cabinet's angle towards the toilet. The gas line comes up from the outside but I haven't really looked to see how easy it is to access. If your tankless water heater is located under the bathroom sink I would think you can replace it with a tank version fairly easy as long as the exterior cutout is the same shape and size.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:13 PM   #144
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Hello all!!

Thank you for the info
I agree with Bigearl and recommend converting to a 6 gallon water heater.

We have a 2016 2106DS and had the tankless recall done and it did help with the ignition issues and water temperature problems, but we continue to have the issue of the ECO switch tripping from time to time. Even after the recall, there will still be a significant learning curve and we are still learning. There are a number of variables when dealing with a tankless water heater; water pressure, flow rate, and ambient water temperature to name a few.

Our solution was to eliminate those variables as best we could by building a recirculation system for the fresh water system. Getting and using hot water at the kitchen and bathroom sinks isn’t much of a problem, but getting showers is where you tend to waste a lot of water when trying to maintain a comfortable water temperature due to the dependency of maintaining an adequate flow rate through the tankless to keep the hot water flowing. Our recirculation system helps with this, but what we have found works best is using the recirculation system to warm up the water in the fresh water tank by turning on the hot water and letting it continue to circulate back to the fresh water tank until we have the water in the fresh water tank at a comfortable temperature. This usually takes 15 to 20 minutes with a full fresh water tank. We then turn off the hot water and let the warmed water circulate through the system using the cold water side and divert this warmed water to the shower head when needed, hence we aren’t wasting water when taking a shower. We usually camp without hookups so conserving water is important for us, propane not so much.

The next planned improvement to our system is to insert an inline temperature probe used with hot tubs to take some of the guesswork out of knowing when we have a comfortable water temperature circulating through the system.

If we start having new/additional issues with the tankless, I will probably look into installing a 6 gallon LPG/110VAC water heater. But in the meantime, I will keep experimenting to make our system easier to live with.

BTW, we use bottled water for drinking and cooking so warming the water in the fresh water tank isn’t an issue for us.
Attached Files
This video is currently processing...
Old 01-31-2019, 09:27 AM   #145
Winnebago Owner

my Paper towel and Toilet paper holders

This paper towel holder click locks so the towel does not roll off. Great when driving.

I love the power extension that you have... I don't under stand why there is not a plug available above the stove or sink.... much needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PaperTowel1.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	378.8 KB
ID:	170972   Click image for larger version

Name:	PaperTowel2.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	348.6 KB
ID:	170973  

Click image for larger version

Name:	ToiletRoll1.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	271.4 KB
ID:	170974   Click image for larger version

Name:	ToiletRoll2.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	279.5 KB
ID:	170975  

Old 01-31-2019, 09:53 AM   #146
Winnebago Camper

Where did you get that toilet paper holder?
Old 02-01-2019, 06:46 AM   #147
Winnebago Owner

Paper towel holder

Wal-Mart, though Amazon has it also for about $15.
Kamenstein 4554ASB Perfect Tear Patented Wall Mount Paper Towel Holder..

Amazon has the toilet paper holder also. I was looking for a similar type that holds just one roll, but didn’t find one.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:50 AM   #148
Winnebago Owner

Toilet paper holder

Not enough coffee this morning... lol

Here is description for toilet paper holder:
mDesign Compact Hanging Over The Tank Toilet Tissue Paper Roll Holder
Old 02-01-2019, 07:05 AM   #149
Winnebago Camper

Thanks so much!
Old 02-11-2019, 09:08 PM   #150
Micro Minnie 2108 DS

Furnace does not Ignite

I have a 2019 2108 DS and I cannot get heat from my Dometic Furnace. I've had it for about 8 months now and the furnace worked fine.

Now the Blower turns on immediately and blows cold air, but after 20 seconds it turns off. The propane tanks appear to be about 1/2 full and the stove lights perfectly but the Furnace will not Ignite.
Before I take it into the Dealer I thought some of you had come across this problem?
Old 02-12-2019, 06:31 AM   #151
Winnebago Master

We have a 2018 2250DS. The day we went to pick it up we went through the customer witnessed demo. The exact thing happened with our heater. The tech pulled a control board out of their stock and the same thing happened. He then took a board off of another new Minnie and installed it. The heater then worked like it was supposed to. Obviously this is a common problem with the Dometic heaters. We have used the heater several times over the past year with no problems. Be sure you get it to the dealer before the warranty is up.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:49 AM   #152
Micro Minnie 2108 DS

Thanks Big Bird ( sounds funny saying that!)
I'm calling my dealer now to schedule a time.
Like you say they will most likely know all about the Dometic problem.

Like you're 2250 DS, this trailer has been great so far. No problems at all.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:52 AM   #153
Micro Minnie 1706FB

I had the same problem with my furnace on our previous trailer, it was a micro switch that detects air flow from the fan before allowing the burner to light. The micro switch was prevented from closing by a build up of dirt/fibres but that was a 3 year old trailer. If your micro minnie is a 2019 then it is not likely to be a build up on the switch. If under warranty it makes the most sense to have the dealer repair it. Please let us know what the problem was.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:23 AM   #154
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeclorite View Post
Thanks Big Bird ( sounds funny saying that!)
I'm calling my dealer now to schedule a time.
Like you say they will most likely know all about the Dometic problem.

Like you're 2250 DS, this trailer has been great so far. No problems at all.
Yup, that does sound funny, most people call me Ken.

We put over 5,000 miles on our Minnie last year. It has also been great. Right after we got it we had a big rain and noticed a little puddle on the floor by the bed. The dealer fixed it and no more leaks. The only other warranty issue was a line across the face of the Insignia TV showed up about 5 months after we got the trailer. It was handled promptly by our dealer (RV Land in Kyle Texas). Great dealer by the way.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:24 AM   #155
Micro Minnie 2108 DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigearl View Post
I had the same problem with my furnace on our previous trailer, it was a micro switch that detects air flow from the fan before allowing the burner to light. The micro switch was prevented from closing by a build up of dirt/fibres but that was a 3 year old trailer. If your micro minnie is a 2019 then it is not likely to be a build up on the switch. If under warranty it makes the most sense to have the dealer repair it. Please let us know what the problem was.

Thanks for the quick reply Earl. I'm definetly taking her in. I'll keep you posted.

Spring is coming!
Old 02-12-2019, 10:25 AM   #156
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigearl View Post
I believe that is called a mass air flow switch and is a safety item.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:48 AM   #157
Micro Minnie 2108 DS

From what I hear, Winnebago Dealers seem to be better than most.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:53 PM   #158
Winnebago Owner

Looking to pack for my 1st trip.... I'm looking for a storage container to fit under each dinette bench seat. Is that necessary? Seems like I could fit more stuff if I don't use the containers.... such as a 90 qt Sterilite. How are my fellow Micro Minnie Owners packing up for the road?
Old 02-12-2019, 05:41 PM   #159
Winnebago Master

It is simple. Everywhere there is an empty space put something in it. That is one reason we moved up from a 2101DS to a 2250DS, sooo much more storage space. Also, a full queen size bed.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:09 AM   #160
Winnebago Owner

I’ll pack it best I can for sure. Had I known the lousy mileage that it would get, I would have purchased a truck. Now I have to wait till my lease is up. ☹️
Closed Thread