Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 06:33 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmel View Post
Hi there,

New member here. I have a new 2106DS and have taken it out a couple of times now. I don't want to sound stupid, but is there a trick to getting the tv to pick up the campsite cable? I just assumed that once the cable is hooked up, it would just work. Lol. What am I doing wrong? (This is my first trailer!)

Thanks,
Kelly
go to TV set up options and change to cable
Old 10-31-2017, 10:56 AM   #22
Winnebago Watcher

Experiences

New Member here - fourth trailer owned. Have a 2018 2106DS. Two experiences. While camping, wife was washing dishes and I was outside. Suddenly noticed that soapy water was running out the side of the trailer. Discovered that the under sink P trap was disconnected. Vibrated loose while driving. Note to self - make sure it is tightly connected after each drive. Another experience - gas/electric water heater quit working after first trip. Replaced the circuit board - still would not work in either gas or electric mode. Into the shop for three weeks. They found an electrical short behind the circuity board. Wondered if anyone else had had any similar experience. Finally,we were pulling the 2106 DS with a 2016 GMC Acadia with factory tow package rated at 5200 lbs. To shorten the story, 4000 and up to 5000 rpm in tow mode pulling the trailer was not satisfactory. Traded for a Tahoe to pull the trailer. Moral, you can't always believe that though a vehicle might be rated at xxxx pounds to pull, it might not be a satisfactory situation to test the limit of that rating. Anyway - we like the trailer! Just the right size for two. Happy camping !
Old 10-31-2017, 05:05 PM   #23
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmel View Post
Hi there,

New member here. I have a new 2106DS and have taken it out a couple of times now. I don't want to sound stupid, but is there a trick to getting the tv to pick up the campsite cable? I just assumed that once the cable is hooked up, it would just work. Lol. What am I doing wrong? (This is my first trailer!)

Thanks,
Kelly
Kelly, did you turn off the antenna booster? I believe that is all you should need to do unless a cable box is required. The antenna booster interferes with the cable signal. The antenna booster on/off button in my 2016 is behind the 12V receptacle above the TV. A small red light near the button will be on if the booster is on.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:38 PM   #24
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you

Looking forward to become a part of the community. I need to learn a lot. Picking up our rig this Wednesday.
Old 03-06-2018, 07:31 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

Looking for the recommended tire pressure for a 2017 2106FBS Micro Minnie. Any suggestions or recommendations? Getting ready to hit the road from Maine to Florida and want to insure I have the correct pressure in my tires plus set correctly in my new Tire Minder system.

Thanks for the help.
Dick/Maine
Old 03-06-2018, 08:10 AM   #26
Winnebago Owner

There should be a sticker listing the tire pressure on the front left side of the trailer.
Sticker on my 2108DS says 50 lbs.
I'm heading to Florida from Maine soon too!
Old 03-06-2018, 08:13 AM   #27
Winnebago Owner

If you have a Garmin you can get a camera for about $100. I wired mine to the center clearance light. I mounted it to a 2 inch square of 1/4 thick plastic and used double sided tape to hold it in place. You have to turn the lights on to have the camera work, but I generally do that anyway.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:49 AM   #28
Winnebago Camper

Love the mural. Something I would love in mine as well. Must start looking.
Old 03-07-2018, 02:54 PM   #29
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger1001 View Post
Looking for the recommended tire pressure for a 2017 2106FBS Micro Minnie. Any suggestions or recommendations? Getting ready to hit the road from Maine to Florida and want to insure I have the correct pressure in my tires plus set correctly in my new Tire Minder system.

Thanks for the help.
Dick/Maine
My 2018 2106FBS sticker is 50 lbs which is what I set it at. Just keep in mind you will likely be letting air out as you hit the warmer temps down south and visa versa on the way home.
Old 03-10-2018, 09:31 AM   #30
Micro Minnie 1706FB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnmc View Post
Thank you, GramaBabby, for starting this Micro Minnie 1706FB thread. Interested in how your 4-Runner is working out as tow vehicle. Waiting to take possession of my trailer soon and plan to tow with '16 Toyota Highlander with tow package. Hoping for good performance.

Many questions re: trailer due to minimal documentation, but trust experience will bring answers.
We have just bought a 2017 Micro Minnie 1706FB, it was used and 1 year old. We bought it sight unseen from Northgate RV in Georgia and when we inspected it it was absolutely pristine and you would never know it was used, the folks at the dealer were great.
Our tow vehicle is a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.6 litre V6 with tow package, so I specifically wanted this trailer model for its light weight and dual axles. I was extremely pleased with the towing ability of this setup, the Jeep pulled it up the hills on I75 well and the rig was rock steady even when trucks passed by. The sweet spot for the Jeep was about 60 to 65 MPH with 2500 RPM. Below these revs the torque was insufficient, so on the level we were in 6th gear mainly, dropping to 5th gear on steeper hills. (the Jeep has an 8 speed transmission), MPG towing was 14.2 MPG measured on actual fuel consumed over 856 miles as we headed back to Canada.
We previously had a 24 ft Dutchman Aspen Trail and towed it with a 2014 F150, 5 litre V8. The overall length of that rig was 44 ft and we found this was a bit long for some State and National Parks in the Southwest US and wanted to down size. All forms of RVing require compromises and with a trailer as small as the 1706FB even for two people it is tight and one just has to organize carefully. We have a few small modifications to make but overall based on our previous experiences including boon docking for up to a week we think this rig will be great.
By the way for Canadians thinking of importing a trailer from the US the process was very easy and a money saver, just do your homework well. We primarily did this as there were no 1706FB's for sale in Ontario without ordering.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:58 PM   #31
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygal66 View Post
Hi everyone, Just put money down on a red 2106DS Micro Minnie. Trading in a hybrid only 2.5ft shorter. Really looking forward to not having to make up a bed every time, the larger shower, 2 sofas, ducted A/C, power awning and having a more comfortable bed then what the hybrids try to pass off as a bed. The 3" memory foam topper is coming with us. Winnebago has such nice finishes and a very reliable brand. My family had a towable Winne when I was a kid in the late 60s-70s so the memories go way back.
I will be towing with a 2004 Toyota 4 runner which did well with the hybrid and only increasing wt by about 150lbs. This trailer is a super weight for the size. Will pick up 4/1 and can't wait for our first trip.
Hope lots of other Micro Minnie owners find their way to this forum. The more the merrier!

3/13/18

We bought a 2018 Micro Minnie 2106DS in July 2017. Shortly after we purchased it we found puddles of water in the unit on the floor. Since we moved just after we bought it from Florida to North Carolina we spent months dealing with Winnebago Corporate office to find a place to take it to get a Seal Tech test done. Found out that all the seals were not done properly or the wrong sealant was used. We feel we deserve a new unit since who knows what kind of internal damage has been done which could cause rust, corrosion, black mold, warping. The will only pay to fix the repair of the sealant and the Seal Tech test. So we are stuck with a brand new unit not know what all damage could be done internally.

I would advise to have a Seal Tech test done or get out of the deal if you can.
Truly disappointed with the quality. We bought it because we thought Winnebago what a good quality trailer but not so.

Good luck with yours.
Old 03-20-2018, 04:50 PM   #32
Winnebago Watcher

Hello I'm new to the forum . We bought a 2106Ds in 2016 so far so good. I really like the Tankless water heater. Has any one else had any problems .
Old 03-21-2018, 04:49 AM   #33
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfloyd View Post
Hello I'm new to the forum . We bought a 2106Ds in 2016 so far so good. I really like the Tankless water heater. Has any one else had any problems .
I hated the tankless water heater. It was too sensitive to the water pressure being within a narrow range and consistent water pressure is not something you see across campgrounds. Even when you did find yourself in a campground where the pressure was suitable, the start up time for the hot water was terrible especially when paired with a smallish grey water tank. I tried everything from adjusting the unit to buying a high end water pressure regulator and finally gave up. I now have a 6 gal tank heater in my 2106. During my effort to make the thankless heater useful I spoke with Winnebago and they told me that using that heater in the micro minnnies was a mistake. They have since moved on to a 6 gal tank unit and if you upgrade to a tankless unit you will get a Truma and not an Atwood. Sorry for the little rant but I thought I should give an honest answer.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:55 AM   #34
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfloyd View Post
Yes, I had problems. I took my 2016 2106DS to my local Camping World and had Atwood's OD water heater recall done last year. It seems to have helped. Here is a link to the recall notice. Atwood OD Recall Notice
Old 03-22-2018, 09:23 PM   #35
Winnebago Watcher

Hello all
We are looking to pick up a 2017 2106 DS next weekend and I am wondering anyone's thoughts our experiences with them. We currently have a 1987 Road Ranger 199 and are looking forward to an upgrade. I have seen a few complaints about staining on the interior has anyone else experienced this issue? Any advice or feedback would be appreciated.
Paul
Old 03-23-2018, 05:05 AM   #36
Winnebago Owner

We have a 2016 2106 DS that we have been very happy with. No staining problems or any other warranty issues. Our only complaint with the trailer was the Atwood tankless water heater which Winnebago has since stopped using.
Old 03-23-2018, 03:02 PM   #37
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelinPair View Post
Hello all
We are looking to pick up a 2017 2106 DS next weekend and I am wondering anyone's thoughts our experiences with them. We currently have a 1987 Road Ranger 199 and are looking forward to an upgrade. I have seen a few complaints about staining on the interior has anyone else experienced this issue? Any advice or feedback would be appreciated.
Paul
Paul, No staining here. Only downside so far with our 2016 2106DS is the Atwood OD water heater as already noted by blueridge-fl.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:55 AM   #38
Winnebago Camper

Mural for wall behind Murphy bed

Love the mural posted on this thread. Does anyone have info on where to purchase one?
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2018, 09:00 AM   #39
Winnebago Camper

Tongue jack

Picking up our 2108DS tomorrow. One thing I'm wondering about is the power tongue jack. I'm told you can also crank it manually (in the event the motor fails). Does anyone have any wisdom to share on how to manually crank the tongue if needed?
Old 04-02-2018, 04:13 PM   #40
Winnie-Wise

It will come with a crank. Just unscrew the bubble level cap on the top of the tongue jack. The crank handle fits a nut down inside. I've had mine over two years and never needed to hand crank it. So far, so good.
Closed Thread