Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2019, 10:02 AM   #241
Winnebago Watcher

Hello Trailer Don, I'm interested in more info about your Chevy Colorado V6 tow vehicle. I just bought a 2106 FBS which weighs the same as your MM
Could you email me at: [email protected]
I don't want to clog up the forum with my questions. Thanks!
Old 11-12-2019, 05:13 PM   #242
2106 DS Micro Minnie

Tongue weight

Is there a way to determine the tongue weight with out actually dropping the trailer on the scales with only the hitch jack on the scales. All the scales around here are busy and don't appreciate you taking the time to unhook and hook
Old 11-25-2019, 04:07 PM   #243
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDP View Post
Thanks, echomonkey, my dealer did not go through any of the valve locations.
The valves are under the bathroom sink, remove that panel and they're right there. Way better than the R-pod
Old 11-26-2019, 09:49 PM   #244
RDP
Utah 2306BHS

Water Heater bypass

Quote:
Originally Posted by echomonkey View Post
The valves are under the bathroom sink, remove that panel and they're right there. Way better than the R-pod
The valves are usually always located near the rear of the water heater, in my 2306BHS, the water heater in near the entrance, so the valves were under the kitchen sink accessed by removing 2 small panels when you open the doors in front of the sink area.
Old 11-28-2019, 11:41 AM   #245
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoney1 View Post
Is there a way to determine the tongue weight with out actually dropping the trailer on the scales with only the hitch jack on the scales. All the scales around here are busy and don't appreciate you taking the time to unhook and hook
I wanted one of these as I have to do the same, but hate to spend the money on something I am only going to use once.

https://www.etrailer.com/Tools/etrai...hoCC4QQAvD_BwE
Old 12-18-2019, 05:48 AM   #246
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigearl View Post
Just getting our 2017 1706FB ready for a 2 month trip through Canada's Maritime Provinces and Newfoundland returning through Maine, NH, VT and upstate New York.
Everything checked out ok until I tried to dump the grey tank after sanitizing the water system. Neither the black or grey valves would budge, tried penetrating oil etc but they were totally immobile.
I have had to make a temporary fix as I can't delay our departure date. I had to pull the cable sections out that bolt through the frame and cut the cable off at the termination that is rusted solid. The cables that slide in the plastic sheath are free and once I stripped the plastic sheath back to bare a few inches of steel cable, I was able to pull that with pliers which opened the dump valve. Got the ends back through the frame and used bicycle cable clamps to afix the original dump handles so we are back in business.
This is a terrible design as it has aluminum rods running through steel housing right behind the wheels where water is forced into the assembly promoting rust of the aluminum. My advice is to grease these well and frequently.
Hi
I am new here. I have a 2106DS and my grey valve is VERY hard to move out or in.
How do you access this? My guess is you cut out the under side and then patch it back somehow?
Does anyone have any documentation or pictures of the gate valves and the linkage in the Micro Minnie?
Thanks
Old 12-18-2019, 08:27 AM   #247
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceRob View Post
Hi
I am new here. I have a 2106DS and my grey valve is VERY hard to move out or in.
How do you access this? My guess is you cut out the under side and then patch it back somehow?
Does anyone have any documentation or pictures of the gate valves and the linkage in the Micro Minnie?
Thanks
Mine was doing the same thing, felt tight and didn't move easily. I sprayed it with WD-40 and worked it back and forth until it started to move. After getting it working I sprayed it with white lithium grease, its been fine ever since. Its also a good idea to spray the jacks once in a while too.
Old 12-23-2019, 03:44 PM   #248
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09busaman View Post
I wanted one of these as I have to do the same, but hate to spend the money on something I am only going to use once.

https://www.etrailer.com/Tools/etrai...hoCC4QQAvD_BwE
Since that device (and similar ones) appears to be used to measure tongue weight of a detached TT, do you have any idea if/how it could be used to measure tongue weight while attached to TV equipped with WDH to determine effectiveness of WDH?
Old 12-24-2019, 09:39 AM   #249
2106 DS Micro Minnie

Watch out for the man eating murphy bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygal66 View Post
Hi everyone, Just put money down on a red 2106DS Micro Minnie. Trading in a hybrid only 2.5ft shorter. Really looking forward to not having to make up a bed every time, the larger shower, 2 sofas, ducted A/C, power awning and having a more comfortable bed then what the hybrids try to pass off as a bed. The 3" memory foam topper is coming with us. Winnebago has such nice finishes and a very reliable brand. My family had a towable Winne when I was a kid in the late 60s-70s so the memories go way back.
I will be towing with a 2004 Toyota 4 runner which did well with the hybrid and only increasing wt by about 150lbs. This trailer is a super weight for the size. Will pick up 4/1 and can't wait for our first trip.
Hope lots of other Micro Minnie owners find their way to this forum. The more the merrier!
This is pretty funny but a little scary as well...the second night in my 2106DS I was getting in bed and scooting up to the wall/head of the bed when very suddenly my weight caused the bed to fold up. I found my self upside down, in the dark against the wall with the Murphy bed completely trapping me in ! That's the funny part ! The scary part was getting out...In that small space it was difficult getting my feet under me, you see the bed would not open because I was behind it. I managed to get on my feet and stand up (the bed is still closed at this point) and started pushing on the top to open the bed, however when I pushed on the top of the bed the bottom banged me in the shins and wouldn't open! Only by jumping and pushing at the same time was I able to get the bed to flop down. Suddenly, to my relief I found my self lying flat on the bed laughing my butt off.
It was funny! But I found myself wandering if a child could get trapped in there? I had great fun telling that story however, Buyer be ware and have fun!!
Old 12-24-2019, 09:47 AM   #250
RDP
Utah 2306BHS

better check and fix the latch that locks the bed in the down position.
Old 12-28-2019, 06:32 AM   #251
2106 DS Micro Minnie

I'll take a look..I was unaware of a hold down latch. I do know there are straps to hold it up.
Happy trails!
Old 12-28-2019, 07:52 AM   #252
Winnebago Owner

Straps go around the mattress and bedding to hold things in place when the bed is flipped up. Travel only with the bed in the down position. There should be a latch on the right hand side that locks the bed down.
Old 12-28-2019, 08:49 AM   #253
Winnebago Owner

I am sorry, I do not. But I decided to go another route. I am using the Anderson hitch, so far it was easy as cake to set up. Instead of weighing the trailer fully loaded, and I know the dry tongue weight, I took measurements of the trailer and truck bumper and set it up that way. When on the hitch, my trailer is 1/2" of being level and my Tacoma sags less than 1 inch at the bumper. Overall that is about as level as I can get it set up.
Old 12-31-2019, 07:29 AM   #254
Winnebago Watcher

Talking Adding a rear Ladder

We purchased 2016 2106DS recently and ours came without a rear ladder. The nice folks at Winnebago sold me a ladder, but did not have a diagram of the mounting points. I need to know the exact spots to mount so I will hit the appropriate bracing. Does anyone have this info? Even some accurate measurements from a 2106 where each ladder supports mount to the back.
Thanks for the help!
Bruce
Old 01-02-2020, 03:51 PM   #255
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceRob View Post
We purchased 2016 2106DS recently and ours came without a rear ladder. The nice folks at Winnebago sold me a ladder, but did not have a diagram of the mounting points. I need to know the exact spots to mount so I will hit the appropriate bracing. Does anyone have this info? Even some accurate measurements from a 2106 where each ladder supports mount to the back.
Thanks for the help!
Bruce
Bruce,

I measured the attachment "center points" on the back of my 2016 2106DS. As you can see below, there appears to be a little wiggle room. I also attached a picture of the rear of my MM showing the ladder to give you a better idea of the attachment center points listed below.

The upper left attachment center point is 15.0" in from the right side and 71.25" up from the bottom lip.

The upper right attachment center point is 3.5" in from the right side and 71.125" up from the bottom lip.

The lower middle left attachment center point is 14.625" in from the right side and 25.0" up from the bottom lip.

The lower middle right attachment center point is 3.375" in from the right side and 24.875" up from the bottom lip.

The bottom left attachment center point is 14.5" in from the right side and 5.25 " up from the bottom lip.

The bottom right attachment center point is 3.375" in from the right side and 5.375" up from the bottom lip.

Let me know if you have questions.
Fred
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170421_163159_resized_2.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	320.8 KB
ID:	172651  
Old 01-03-2020, 05:44 AM   #256
Winnebago Watcher

WOW! Thank you Fred. This is very helpful
Bruce
Old 01-11-2020, 11:19 AM   #257
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2pro View Post
Hello all, will be picking up our 2019 2106DS this Friday. A few ideas in mind already are to add:
A plug strip under cabinet at sink/stove for a coffee pot or other appliances
A receiver hitch to rear bumper for a cargo carrier
PVC pipe to front underside storage area for fishing rod storage.
Any opinions and or recommendations for the initial break in?
Thanks
Jeff

Had a custom built tray bolted to the frame. It has a 3" rise to raise the tray so that it's not too low to the ground. A typical trailer hitch receiver would be too low. Also, attached got a boat wench wielded vertically to hoist up the generator. It pivots so to raise the generator from the ground and swing around to lower onto the tray. Very happy with this setup. Did add extra battery up front for counter balance and pack heavy items in front part of storage bay to help weight distribution. No sway issues even with side wind thanks to weight distribution and anti stay hitch. Tow with Acura MDX up to 11,000 feet in CO with no problems. Towing package and brake controller and not overloading the trailer seems to work very well.
Old 01-11-2020, 11:37 AM   #258
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyScott View Post
Funny thing, we tried a regular mattress (not top of the line) and didn't care for it. What worked best for us was to add a foam topper to the original mattress, I sleep better than I do at home!

I totally agree.
Old 01-20-2020, 09:29 PM   #259
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by caladvoc8 View Post
Since that device (and similar ones) appears to be used to measure tongue weight of a detached TT, do you have any idea if/how it could be used to measure tongue weight while attached to TV equipped with WDH to determine effectiveness of WDH?
You can determine the effectiveness of the WDH by measuring the height of the front fender. It should be the same height after connecting the trailer with the WDH as before the trailer was lowered on to the hitch.

I don't think it's possible to actually weigh the tongue with the WDH connected because you'd be also weighing the rear of the truck.
Old 01-20-2020, 09:33 PM   #260
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoney1 View Post
Here's another device for weighing the tongue, but you can also use it to measure at the front jack. (The part sticking out is removable.)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Closed Thread