Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2016, 11:33 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Micro Minnie owners - question for you

Hi -

We own a MM 2017 2106DS. It has the very light, almost white, interior woodwork. This question is for those of you who have this same interior. Have you experienced any "staining" to your woodwork? By staining I am referring to oil that soaks in to the surfaces and cannot be cleaned. We have had many, many all over our coach.

Thanks
BrontoBrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 03:20 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

We have the same light interior in our 2201DS. We have not had any problem with oil stains on the woodwork. Of course, we haven't had any greasy RV mechanics in our TT either. After reading all the horror stories about the RV industry, I guess we were fortunate to not need any warranty work during our first year. Everything has been perfect.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:57 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Our problem is not from greasy handed mechanics. It happened with normal daily use.
BrontoBrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 07:52 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrontoBrat View Post
Our problem is not from greasy handed mechanics. It happened with normal daily use.
We have a 2016 with that interior and not had any problems with staining over the course of the year that we have owned it. We do not do a lot of indoor cooking of fried foods and also wipe things down pretty quickly rather than let it sit.

Mike
blueridge-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 08:07 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

We don't fry that much either, but we do cook inside a lot. If we had seen these before they stained we would have cleaned them as well. When we were gettting staining in the bathroom walls we knew something was terribly wrong. We have stains on every wood surface in our unit. We are 2 non slobby adults - no kids.
Old 11-04-2016, 08:54 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Are they stains from fingerprints or something bleeding thru the finish? We haven't noticed any staining on our woodwork but we don't do much cooking inside either. An occasional sheet of cookies in the oven. Most cooking is done by the chief grill master outside.
Old 11-04-2016, 07:54 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Some we can figure out how they got there - like the wall around the stove top and microwave and the bathroom door where we would touch it like normal people would any door. And we actually had a handprint on the wall in the bathroom (probably from lotion). There were other stains that we couldn't figure out how they got there other than an accidental splatter or from touching with our hands. If you have ever had untreated wood that has been exposed to any oil it will soak in and you can't get it off. This is what has happened in our coach. You can imagine what your home kitchen would look like if your cabinets and walls were not protected in some way from splatters - if your cabinets were not painted or varnished and your walls were not tiled or painted - it would be a disaster. :(
Old 01-25-2018, 06:07 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Interior cabinet or wall dis colorations?

I'm sitting here researching "stains" because I saw a post to another consumer website as well as this one , and am considering a TT purchase as well. It doesn't appear that this interior staining you refer to is widespread. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced similar problems that resemble oil or discolorations to their cabinetry or interior walls in their Minnie's as well? Thanks
TonyOIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 04:52 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

I haven't thank the lord . I read on another forum others have had the same problems.
cfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 07:22 PM   #10
El Rancho Nogotto

We have a 2016 MicroMinnie 1706 FB with the light interior. No staining of woodwork, and we cook a lot! Looks as good today as when we bought it.
hollerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:27 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

I'm wondering if anyone having this issue has contacted Winnebago. If so please post their response here for all of us to see. Thanks.
Bhfromme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 02:48 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

I purchased a 2019 and have the stain appearing on the bathroom wall. Fortunately I was advised it would be covered by the warranty. You see it 'bleeding' thru as it almost looks like a frame.
PTully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 08:17 AM   #13
2017 Model 2106ds, Lexus

We have a 2017 model 2106 and have the same staining problem next to the stove.
Bubba48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 09:31 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

We just bought a used 2018 Micro Minnie 1706 and the cabinetry looks brand new in it - no staining...yet. We will be using it more than previous owners so we'll keep our fingers crossed. I did see quite alot online about this problem - I hope we do not have to deal with it. we have no warranty!
Tankersm is offline   Reply With Quote