Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2018, 10:10 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

May buy new Minnie

Been considering the Minnie 2410 or 2500. Really impressed with the fit and finish.

Couple of questions if I may:

1. What is the roof made of? Can't find a real discussion of it on the company website. It discusses the motorhome, not the TT's. Can the roof be walked on?

2. What are the roof trusses made of?

3. Any option(s) that is of particular desirability?

4. Closest Dealer is Chilhowee RV just south of Knoxville, TN. We live in Nashville, TN. Are they a quality RV Winnebago RV repair/service center?

5. Has anyone endured a storm with hail at least up to a half dollar in size? How did the roof itself fair? I know the AC and fan covers will be gone.

6. Emailed company about taking a tour of the Middlebury, IN, Travel Trailer plant, but cannot get a response. Are tours given at this location?
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 07:28 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbrn View Post
Been considering the Minnie 2410 or 2500. Really impressed with the fit and finish.

Couple of questions if I may:

1. What is the roof made of? Can't find a real discussion of it on the company website. It discusses the motorhome, not the TT's. Can the roof be walked on?
The roof is the standard EPDM rubber roof. You can walk on the roof, no problem.

2. What are the roof trusses made of?
The trusses in my 2201DS Minnie are wood trusses.

3. Any option(s) that is of particular desirability?
Go with the 15K A/C upgrade and a factory ladder.

4. Closest Dealer is Chilhowee RV just south of Knoxville, TN. We live in Nashville, TN. Are they a quality RV Winnebago RV repair/service center?
I can't help you on this one. Good luck.

5. Has anyone endured a storm with hail at least up to a half dollar in size? How did the roof itself fair? I know the AC and fan covers will be gone.
The rubber roof will hold up just fine during a hail storm. It just bounces off. Pointy low hanging tree limbs however are a different story.

6. Emailed company about taking a tour of the Middlebury, IN, Travel Trailer plant, but cannot get a response. Are tours given at this location?
Give them a call. Most RV plants have regular tours. Good for sales.
Old 08-23-2018, 06:16 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

We have the smaller A/C and its been more than adequate for South Alabama & Georgia in July & August.

We bought a used 2016 2401 back in June and have been on two trips with it. Generally speaking its worked out great! Only issue we've had has been a blown 12v breaker. For some reason the MFG. put it, along with wiring & connections, in a 4x4 steel box on the drivers side frame, not far from the front. I could not see it at first as it was covered with the wires. I pushed the reset button and, voila, end of problem.

So far, so good!
bluecorners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 09:02 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Just my opinion... but "half-dollar" sized hail will likely damage any RV roof. And yes, the a/c shrouds, skylights, antennas, etc. would likely be toast.
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 10:21 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

For that size of trailer I would consider the larger A/C unit. As to hail at half dollar size I would expect roof damage as well as damage to anything on top of it but that would be the case for any RV sitting outside during a storm like that. I don't worry about ours as that is why I carry comprehensive on the trailer.
old_engineer is offline   Reply With Quote