Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2018, 03:40 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Leak In Front Storage Compartment

Hi Everyone,

I am experiencing a problem with my passenger side front storage compartment. My trailer is a 2018 Micro Minnie 2108 DS. What is happening is water is leaking into the front storage compartment. The paneling above the door and below the door is soaking wet when it rains and a small amount of water collects on the floor. I took the trailer back to the dealer and they said the leak was at the window above the compartment and they fixed the seal around the window and cleaned out the weep holes. I was hoping this was the answer but once I got the trailer home and we had another rain storm, I checked the inside the compartment and it was wet again.

My question to all of you is - have anyone had this or a similar problem and if so how did you fix it. Any help at this point would be greatly appreciated. I really love the trailer but I need to get this leak fixed before there is serious damage done.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Bughawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 10:33 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Winnie Leak

I recently acquired a Minnie 2201DS. I also noted water in the left side of the front compartment. It seems that it is coming through the seal. The top of the access is dry, so that indicates that the water is not coming from the window above. I may beef up the seal and see how that goes...
Ryszardx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:27 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Smile

Thanks for your comment. I talked with the service guy at my RV dealership and he said they will be able to look at the door to see if there is a problem with the seal. My major issue at this point besides the leak is the trailer is scheduled to go into winter storage this Saturday. The good news I have found an indoor storage facility so I am not really worried about the leak until spring. I plan to dry the compartment out as best I can and stock the compartment and the trailer with Damp Rid to be sure to keep things dry over the winter months.

The service guy told me since my warranty is good until August we can address the problem in the spring.

I would still love to hear from others who may have had a similar problem as this will help me and the service personnel next spring pin point where the leak may be.

Thanks again for your help.
Old 10-21-2018, 06:07 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Check the door seal very carefully. I had the same problem with a class C storage locker, and the problem was a small portion of the seal adhesive had detached. 3M makes a special adhesive for this, and that solved the leak. Good luck!
captainbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 07:16 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the information. I will check on the seal. The trailer is in storage now so I will need to wait until spring to check on it.
Old 11-04-2018, 06:35 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

2019 2106DS also having front compartment water leak on the driver's side. Going to try climbing into compartment and have wife spray side of trailer.
In2pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:08 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Please let me know what you find out. My trailer is in storage for the winter so I will have to wait until spring to test out what you find.

Thanks and good luck.

Tags
leak, storage