Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2018, 04:25 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Lazy Days?

Anyone purchase a tt from Lazydays in Tampa? Thoughts? What about LaMesa?
Pbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:55 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Never bought from LD but am trying to have warranty work done at one of their stores. The experience has not been good so far. It may be different for a customer, but it doesn't give me a good feeling.
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:07 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

We have purchased 4 class A's from LD.....the last purchase was not very pleasant experience, I will not bring my coach back to LD for service ever again. They lie and they promise you everything will be done on our coach in a timely manner.......it took them 10 days in the transfer lot to get us under way. They backed our old coach into our new coach causing minor fiberglass damage to the rear cap....(4 days to repair).....it should have taken them a couple of days at most, they have the capabilities (repair booth/spray booth)........they took 2 days just to take the tyron bands out of our old coach and install them in the new coach. I got so sick and tired of the liaison between them and us, I just had them order parts that I needed and I did the fixes myself ( some of the parts ordered took over a month.....LD had to order the parts from Winnebago, I got tired of waiting, called Winnebago explained the situation....they sent me the parts within days. Middle management is the worse, and the general manager of LD never called us once, I tried calling him numerous times and leaving messages.
I just heard that Lazy Days was sold again to new owners.....I don't know how true that is. For all the aggravation, we were given a 250.00 gift certificate from the accessories shop......now how good is that.....WOW!!!
Moral of the story, be prepared if you are going to buy from LD, and hold onto your hat for a ride.
After we had the coach a couple of weeks, we had a warranty problem with my curbside slide, we decided to take it to LeMesa, they trouble shot the malfunction, found the problem, ordered a new part from Winnebago and it within a week. They called us and made an appointment, we drove over to LeMesa and under warranty they replaced the motor/breadboard in a few hours and we were on our way home.
corjaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:16 PM   #4
Site Team

We bought from La Mesa in Albuquerque and had a great experience and good after the sale service too. Very happy with buying from them. We’d do it again. I don’t know about their other stores but ABQ took good care of us.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:27 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

My BIL bought his Winnebago Vista from Lazy Days in Tampa and would not do it again.
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 04:19 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

We bought our Micro Minnie from La Mesa in Orlando and it was a pleasant no hassle experience. We have not had any service work done there but they did fix a couple of minor problems during the walk through before we left the lot. While shopping for the trailer I spoke with LD in Tampa over the phone, and even though I live 1 1/2 hours away, they refused to talk price without me coming in. This was a big red flag for me so I didn't bother making the trip.
blueridge-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 01:18 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

LaMesa doesn’t have the 170k Winnie drop in stock. LD is 3k higher than a dealer in Atlanta. I think I’ll drive a few hrs extra for that big of a difference
Pbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:53 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Micro Minnie

I bought a Micro from Dave Arbogast in Troy, Ohio. I live in CO but will save $3000 by picking it up in Ohio. Worth the drive and a nice road trip.
dmoritz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 10:46 AM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbro View Post
Anyone purchase a tt from Lazydays in Tampa? Thoughts? What about LaMesa?
Hi. We just purchased our 27RLTS Minnie Plus 5th Wheel from there and had it delivered and it was a seamless process. Have a few little issues, and they seem to be taking care of it. Have returned my calls, etc. Too soon to tell, but so far so good.
WinnieBago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 10:53 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

The only reason to buy from LD, Tampa (Seffner) is the ability to negotiate a good price. They have so much inventory that needs to go that if you are prepared to be hard nosed, do research and find out what things really cost, you can save some money.

Having said that, LD IS THE WORST! After you walk out the door, they could care less about you. Trust me...I’ve purchased two TTs from them for the above stated reason only. Their repair facility is really poor. Their sales people are smarmy and too slick for words. They’ll give you a truly hard sell experience.

I am able to maintain my TT myself...basic carpentry, plumbing, 12v, mechanical and fiberglass skills learned from a lifetime of owning a sailing yacht. I’m fortunate. If you will need to rely on the dealer to perform these kinds of services for you...Lazy Days is not....repeat...is not the dealer for you. Please believe me...I’m not blowing smoke here. Good luck and happy camping.
SlipF18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 12:07 PM   #11
Winnebago Watcher

Thumbs down Anyone purchase a tt from Lazydays in Tampa? Thoughts?

Interesting that today as I continue to want to scream about how bad LD Tampa is, I see this post. We purchased an almost new MicroMini 2106 TT on May 25, 2019 from Lazy Days Tampa. That day as we were doing the walk through we noticed that the folding table that had been stored behind the couch when we looked at and agreed to purchase the unit was MISSING. We wanted the table (without it it makes eating difficult) and advised the salesman, the walk through guy (more on him later) and the sales manager. We asked if they could take one out of one of the other units they had on the lot and we were told that they could not because that was their policy. Obviously someone else had already taken ours! We live one and a half hours away so they said they would order a new one from Winnebago and ship it to our home. After months of calling (they don't return calls), sending emails (they don't do that either) we went back to the dealership and demanded to speak to the General Manager. Of course they sent some flunky in his stead who again promised this would be handled.

Finally in July the table top arrived at our house (LD had shipped it to our neighbors? but they brought it over) but it was JUST THE TOP! Again after numerous phone calls leaving messages and emails we were advised at the end of August 2019 that the table's legs were there and someone had forgotten to ship them to us.

The table legs arrived today, September 6. 2019 and when we took them out of the box it was apparent that these were not correct. The table that is supposed to be in the trailer fits behind the couch which has a 5 3/4 inch space. These legs do not fold to less than 16 inches!

Bottom line is that we bought the trailer on 05/25/2019 and after dozens of phone calls, phone messages, emails, and a personal visit we still don't have a dinning table for the trailer as of 09/06/2019. My next step is to contact the better business bureau, make some recommendations on yelp, send a letter to the CEO of Lazy Days, and I guess scream at the moon. I would drive by Lazy Days of Tampa and do not even slow down.
TinBoat229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 01:59 PM   #12
Site Team

Have you contacted Winnebago? That might be a good place to try to get satisfaction.

Does your sales contract have a "Due You" or "We Owe you" addendum that lists all the things that were supposed to be delivered at closing that were not?

Let this be an important lesson for others reading this thread in the future, never accept delivery of any product or vehicle from any dealer without getting everything you are due to receive before closing. No matter how much the dealer "promises" or how good and caring the people seem. Do not pay and accept delivery until it's all there and all working correctly unless you're willing to live without the item or the items working correctly.

Once closed, a dealer has little incentive to follow through. It's probably been said here 1,000 times but dealers care only about sales and once you close and take delivery you are not likely to see them follow through on any verbal promise.

I've heard stories like this about LD before, but honestly, I've heard these stories about almost all dealers.

PS. A letter of complaint written to the Florida Attorney General, with a CC to Lazy Day's CEO or manager and perhaps also to Winnebago and Trailer Life magazine help line might help get some action.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:03 PM   #13
Site Team

We bought from La Mesa in DAVIS, CA. They have been good to deal with, especially in the last year they have really beefed up their service staff and facilities.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 03:15 PM   #14
Winnebago Watcher

LD and Camping World, are the Walmart of RV sales
Larry- Tenn is offline   Reply With Quote