Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-02-2007, 02:33 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

This is for another RVer in the park. He has a 2006 Itasca Sun Cruiser with roof mounted satelite dish. Direct TV came out to install receivers but could not find the connection from the roof dish. If anyone can let me know ehere it is I will pass it on to the guy.

Thanks
Alarmguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:33 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

This is for another RVer in the park. He has a 2006 Itasca Sun Cruiser with roof mounted satelite dish. Direct TV came out to install receivers but could not find the connection from the roof dish. If anyone can let me know ehere it is I will pass it on to the guy.

Thanks
Old 02-02-2007, 03:06 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

my box connects to outlet to the right when you look inside where the connections are?

there are 3 outlets the cabinet above the drivers seat..
peter griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:37 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

They should be on the forward wall of the compartment above the driver's seat. They are above the top shelf and very hard to see. You may have to stand on the driver's seat to see them...
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:47 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks, I'll let him know, I know he appreciates it.

Thanks Again
AG
Old 02-02-2007, 03:59 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

My 06 Suncruiser 38T has the TV aft of the entry door in the slideout and the SAT connections are on top shelf above fireplace and TV just to the left of input selector panel. They are well labled in my unit.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:03 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

We use a satelite receiver out of the house when camping and have to connect/disconnect after every use. To simplify the process I use one white coaxial and one black coaxial for hookups and leave the coaxail cables permantly connected in the motorhome, with a label attached to my receiver- black is sat in and white is tv out. That way I don't have to try to connect to those hard to reach connections in the cabinet, I did the same with the outlet too, I have an extension cord permanently plugged into the outlet in the cabinet for the same reason.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 05:33 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

My receiver stays in my rig, but I did have occassion to use the remote hookup when we got into a real wooded area. That meant reaching way into the back of the overhead cabnet and blindly unscrewing from one connection to screw it onto the one for the remote hookup. I solved that issue by installing an A/B switch in the cabnet. The A/B switch stays permanently mounted in the cabnet, and wired to both the roof dish, and the remote dish hookup. Now all I have to do to use the remote dish is to open the cabnet and flip the switch to the "B" position

Sarge

Our Travel Blog www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchickalaska
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 07:06 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Sarge: how did you run the cable for the portable antenna? Thanks for the a/b switch idea!
Old 02-04-2007, 09:05 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

My rig came prewired with a external hookup in the electric/battery bay. However, my first travel trailer did not. I just fished a line from where the receiver box was to a convenient location on the exterior wall of the rig. I added a hookup with a cover, available for about $3 in any radio shack or camping world, to the outside. It worked great for years.

Our Travel Blog www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchickalaska
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote