Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2019, 12:09 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Introduction, drum roll please! Micro Minnie owners

We are owners of a 2016 Micro Minnie 2106FBS I have been watching this site for several hurricane seasons.

We call our selves ' travelers ' , not campers . We tend to take eight to twenty day road trips mostly dry camping . Campground only to take on and discharge liquids every four days or so .In thirty years we have owned 14 different RVs from a 38 foot pusher down to this Winnie.

I enjoy this small trailer , I drive it like a sports car , so nice not to be dragging nine or ten thousand pounds behind my Ram CTD 2500.

One thing that I have learned is that for me it is a lot more fun to use these RVs than it is to work on them . I do not like all these gadgets and plastic toys that are a "must have "items . If John Wayne did not need it, I do not either.

Since May 1st we have been in 14 states, both side of the Mississippi and as far North as Ohio. Next week we will head North, we do not know where!
Wakullabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 11:06 PM   #2
2020 1706FB Owner

Now that's the definition of a traveller. Thanks for posting and describing how it's done. It's also great to hear that you don't need a huge rig to do what you're doing. This is especially interesting because you've owned big rigs and so you know what you're missing. I also prefer small trailers. Everyone is different but I can honestly say that I never feel a sense of envy when I see a gigantic fifth wheel rig on the road or camping. I actually feel a bit of pity for them having to haul all that stuff around. My wife and I are loving our 1706FB which is just 19 feet of fun.
Glen 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 07:20 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Yes Glen,
I to see those very large camping castles trying to get thru a fuel stop or negotiate a small camp spot and wonder why . But I was guilty of once owning a 36 foot and 38 foot 5er .
We will spend over a 120 nites on the road each year driving back roads with no destination in mind . Never on the Interstate unless someone has a gun to my head .
Many years ago we bought a 34 foot sailboat for a 18 month cruise around the Carib. We were slow as it took us 13 years before we came back , and we came back with a baby female who is now an attorney in Tallahassee.
Small is better in my opinion .
Old 08-25-2019, 05:48 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

In all fairness, John Wayne had an entire production crew and a caterer as well.
gkooris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 06:51 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Mega big to mega little its a whole spectrum and beautiful at each point within

Hey great to see we are all having fun.

We started to explore the USA in a Chevy Biscayne, and a canvas tent yea roll in as its getting dark set up cook, clean wash sleep and then in the morning explore away stay or go repeat. It rained, it snowed, it froze, it boiled but wow what great way to see the USA in a Chevrolet and we were doing so before their marketing folks caught on if I recall.

After that we have been through the spectrum from big diesel to gaser and towed as well. We learned that camp sites available are inversely proportional to length specially in federal, state and local parks. For a time we actually had a class B that towed a 27 foot trailer. You know long range and intermediate range units and such.

Now we are back down to the less is more arena with a Class B and its starting to feel good as we are in a phase where its the best fit. Down the road I would love a trailer behind it once we are both retired. But as Dorris Day used to say Que sera sera!

Enjoy and mind the plastic waste and Reuse, Reduce and Recycle please its our blue marble which we should gift to the children and their children...
Old 08-26-2019, 05:02 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Welcome, travel is what we do to prevent a misspent life. All our good memories seem to evolve from family & travel.

I feel fortunate to have enjoyed the best of both.

Carry on , travel well, travel safe, god speed
Old 08-26-2019, 10:25 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Leaving this afternoon for Maine , probably spend the nite a Wal-mart in Commerce Ga.