Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2019, 02:53 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Hi Winnie Owners

Recently retired early and expect to do lots of camping. I don't have a Winnie yet, but I have my eye on a 2106DS TT. Just looking for any positive or negative about the Micro Minnie to help me decide on my purchase. I've done lots of research and it all leads back to the 2106DS.

Also, looking at RV Wholesalers for the purchase, but I don't want to finance a new unit and that seems to be the only way to get the additional discount? Maybe better that I look for a unit that is only a few years old and has all the kinks worked out?

Thanks,
JimDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:47 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Welcome Jim,
I can't speak about longevity as I took delivery mid January 2019. Other members will be able to provide you with better insights. I have just over 1100 miles and several overnight stays at RV parks on the way. No kinks yet. They are a small & simple TT so I really don't expect to find any. Winnebago seems to change out vendors when they find issues, such as the instant on water heater issue.

Fit & Finish was excellent and was what I expected.

I also took delivery from RV Wholesalers. They are quite knowledgeable & helpful, no pressure. Note the discount is if you take the loan thru one of their lenders. As all dealers get a kick back (I believe), RVH just passes it you. Loan must be kept for 1 year. You can pay it down, just don't pay it off in the 1st year.

Good Luck!
DoverTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 03:47 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Welcome aboard Jim,

We have a 2016 2106DS and it has been a very good TT. I would definitely rate the quality above average. The only issue we had was the tankless water heater. I believe 2017 is when Winnebago switched to the now standard 6 Gallon DSI gas/electric water heater. Make sure to confirm which water heater is installed if you look at older units.

Fred
Fred 2106DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 09:02 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

You should be able to get the sales price to be 30% - 35% of the sticker.

For me I prefer to purchase new. Yes I end up with the various warranty issues but I also know that I've kept up on the sealant maintenance to avoid water damage. On a used trailer you never know for sure if it has had any leaks or other water infiltration issues. Water will be your biggest enemy and is important to keep out of every exterior nook and cranny.

As to quality I would say the finish work is better than many others as is the ability to get to stuff to service it. From a plumbing and mechanical quality standpoint they are about average as all of the companies use the same suppliers. We've had some problems but Winnebago has been willing to fix them without any big battles. In one case we went straight to Dometic because it was faster to deal with their warranty and get direct shipment of parts than have it go through an extra step with Winnebago. Winnebago has also been responsive to my request for drawings when adding things like slide toppers. I will add we don't regret our purchase and would buy the same unit again.
old_engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 04:43 PM   #5
Mikey65

Did a 2 yr research of all trailers and came down to 3. Escape out of BC, Oliver out of Tennessee and Winnebago Micro Minnie that suited my needs. I just bought a 2108 DS Minnie. It has a pullout that was a big plus and the Murphy bed.
For a small trailer it has options no other trailer it size includes.
Happy owner. Can’t help you with the camping experience just picked it up.
Mikey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 06:11 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I bought a 2108 DS about two years ago, its worked out great for us. We've had almost no issues and the small ones we did have were quickly taken care of by the dealer. I like the seven foot width, I can see very well around it and it pulls real nicely with my Tahoe.
MainelyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:20 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

We bought ours 2 years ago and were told we had to finance it for at least 50% for 9 months. We brought it home, called the finance company and they said fine we could pay it off right now, no interest.
Yep, we did.
dickb46 is offline   Reply With Quote