Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-11-2019, 11:25 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Buying a 2500FL vs 2606RL?

Hello everyone. New to this forum. I am debating between purchasing the Winnie 2500FL and the 2606RL. I realize that these have opposite sofa configs and thus I am wondering if I could get your pros and cons on each to help this decision. Both seem to be pricing out about the same. On the 2500FL not sure I like the accordion style door to the bedroom, so any comments on that would be appreciated. However, my wife loves the concept of a rear bedroom. Thanks for the support.
MyExperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 06:15 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Our Minnie is a 2250DS so I can't give you any answers to your comments. However, if you will post your the same comments over on this site I'm sure you will get answers because this is a very active group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/425391114324531/ It is closed group but they welcome folks with Minnies or folks interested in Minnie Winnies.
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:05 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

We are trading up from a Keystone 19FBPR with a front bed to the 2500FL with the rear bed. One big reason we chose the 2500FL versus the 2500RL is the curve of the front of the trailer - it crimps our ability to sit comfortably in bed and read. The curve doesn't impact our ability to comfortably sit on the couch. I've not seen the 2606RL floorplan you are considering other than in the brochure.
Old 02-24-2019, 11:49 AM   #4
JJD
Winnebago Watcher

Owner of 2500FL

We own a 2017 2500FL and love the rear bedroom. It is so much more convenient to walk in the front and have a place to sit. The rear bedroom has a nice window that you can see thru when sitting up front. We just removed the jack knife couch and put in two reclining chairs. We did not need the extra sleeping space. You are right the accordian door is not the greatest but we still use it. Hard to close all the way, esp when partner trying to sleep in.
JJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 07:59 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

We bought a different brand trailer last spring, our first travel trailer. We’d had truck campers before. I quickly realized two things, the only seating was a U-shaped couch and very uncomfortable to relax inside during a rain storm. The bed had large side and upper cabinets, and I became very claustrophobic, even having nightmares about being buried alive. I couldn’t sleep in that trailer. The trailer had to go or we had to quit camping.

We decided to search for a trailer without those cabinets and with a couch and dinette. The 2500FL was one of the few we found that ticked off all our boxes. We love the rear bedroom, and the seating in the living area is comfy enough. We put better foam in the dinette cushions and bought folding footstools for the couch. We LOVE this trailer. It is so much better built than our previous trailer. There’s an amazing amount of storage. We love having the two doors, which the 2606 also has. The larger counter space in the bathroom is a big plus, as is the large hall closet and pantry.
Dlady47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 07:33 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Our first TT.... We looked at both the FL and RL 2500. Ended up with the RL. The door is pretty much in the middle...the bath is great with two solid doors, OK with the bed after adding a 3" memory foam topper. The FL had a huge pantry but we have found there is tons of storage with the RL too. What we really liked was the loooong countertop and workspace, and the entertainment center in relation to the sofa. We added an ottoman to compliment the sofa but from the beginning we intended to replace the sofa with theater seating of some sort. The bathroom is good and the shower is plenty even for my big butt. My only real complaint right now ( we bought in January and have used once) is next to the sofa in the open storage in the corner, it is not insulated. The small cargo hold is on the backside and gets drafty. Camping in the cold we needed to stuff a blanket in the corner. I will fix this by insulating the wall of the cargo hold.
Not trying to convince you with one over the other, just my two cents on the RL. You know what you like better that any of us. Enjoy your ride.
Critters is offline   Reply With Quote