Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-30-2018, 08:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Anyone seen these? Very similar to Micro

I found this last night while Googling "light weight travel trailers". They are a lot like the Winnebagos but look to be more upscale with dual pane windows, aluminum framed cabinets and all aluminum tubular framing, which I believe Winnebago uses in their micros as well but there has been some debate on that. Their CL21RBS offers a 60" X 80" Queen bed and a slide out dinette, kind of a cross between the Micro 2108DS and 2106FBS. It is also a bit longer, a bit taller but still 7' in width. My nearest dealer is Albuquerque which is a days drive but I may call them tomorrow just to see what's on the lot and $$.

https://www.livinlite.com/products/c...avel-trailers/
bigb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:26 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

We have a dealer near us but haven't stopped by for a few years. As I recall the Camp Lites they had on the lot back then even had aluminum floors and all of the cabinetry was aluminum. We recently saw one at an RV show and noticed they had branched out into wood cabinets as well but I don't remember any other construction changes as we weren't really interested. Again back when they were premium priced due to all of the aluminum so I would have put them more towards the Airstream side of manufacturers.
old_engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:33 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_engineer View Post
We have a dealer near us but haven't stopped by for a few years. As I recall the Camp Lites they had on the lot back then even had aluminum floors and all of the cabinetry was aluminum. We recently saw one at an RV show and noticed they had branched out into wood cabinets as well but I don't remember any other construction changes as we weren't really interested. Again back when they were premium priced due to all of the aluminum so I would have put them more towards the Airstream side of manufacturers.
Yes further research revealed that they have been bought out by Thor Industries and from different sources it seems that the quality is going down and it looks like they will stop making them, at least using the original construction methods and name, this year. They have already started making the floors out of a composite (plastic over foam) and many people on the Camp Lite forum are disappointed with recent quality. It looks like the end of an era for a once high quality product. Oh well, this saves me a long drive.
bigb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 11:34 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

My sister owns a version of one of these that they purchased a few years ago and it definitely seems to be and upper scale version of the micros. She was actually going to purchase a micro but ended up going with one of these. Seems to be a very quality product, at least back when they purchased it prior to the Quality going down. I believe they spent about 30k on a 22 footer and if I remember right they got a deal on it so it probably should have been closer to 35k. I'm strongly considering purchasing a micro 2100 BH and I'm perfectly fine with the quality variation. my sister and her family seem to Love their TT and went this route because they plan on keeping it for a very long time. I just can't get myself to spend that kind of money for this sized TT and really don't plan on keeping mine for more than 10 years. Although I'm stating this without really understanding what the 2100BH will run me when it's all said and done as this is something I'm still trying to figure out. I see that MSRP is around 29k but have read a few things that indicate people may be getting these for quite a bit less.
Filshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 06:54 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

When looking at differences check out the suspension system of the trailer. My Minnie 2106fbs has a torque suspension system that I love. The trailer sets lower to the ground with this system and is easier to enter and exit. It is also much easier to control when driving in high winds. We tow our camper with a 2012 Explorer and average 12.5 miles to a gallon at 50 mph, and 9-10 mph at 65 mph or in high head winds. Also look at the stabilization Jacks. The Mini system is easier to use. The Mini windows can be open when it is raining. I hope this has helped you.
Ken
kenstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:06 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Hi friend,
We bought our Micro Minnie 2106fbs for $21,000 in Grand Rapids, MI. We have all the bells and whistles including the electric jack. We have pulled the camper from MI to Texas twice. Then we traveled to Saugerties, NY. and finished last year traveling through the UP of Michigan. We are very pleased with our little red camper, and plan to enjoy it for many more years.
kenstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 10:17 AM   #7

Seems to me that lots of manufacturers are using the same style for 20 to 25 foot TTs.
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 05:43 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Do you know where Winnebago builds the trailers? Is it in forest city of some place different.
W 69947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 07:16 PM   #9

What difference would the city or county of Winnebago manufacturer make?
Old 05-30-2018, 05:11 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

I would like to go to production plant. Does that answer your question. We have returned to Forest City after purchase of each of our 8 Winnebago units to just see how built and know where wiring and plumbing is located.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:31 AM   #11
Site Team

When I took the WBGO factory tour in Iowa last month they said towables were made in multiple locations - including Elkhart, IN. They said WBGO purchased Sunnybrook and Grand Design, and uses those plants for towable manufacturering.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:34 AM   #12

“The trailer sets lower to the ground...It is also much easier to control when driving in high winds”

An inch or two in height doesn’t make that much difference in wind IMO.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:40 AM   #13

Only one out of nine models of these “advanced” TTs appears to have a sink in the bathroom. Wash hands only in kitchen sink? Shave or makeup/hair where?
Old 05-30-2018, 09:17 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Dear creatively
Thank you for your kind reply. I enjoy people that can be pleasant with informative response.
Fellow Texan. Anahuac