Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2017, 07:18 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

27RBHSS Grey water question

So the manual doesn’t state.. Are 1 or 2 grey tanks? My 2018 on the panel shows grey 1 and grey 2, one reads 2/3 full other reads 1/3 full but I can’t findd anything anywhere that talks about 2 grey tanks?? I would think if it were a dummy indication light (for. Larger unit) it would read empty all the time.

Anyone know?

Thanks
campinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 10:02 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

The plumbing diagram I have for a 27RBDS, shows tank 1 being fed by the kitchen sink and tank 2 fed by the shower and lavatory sink.
sd75mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 10:51 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Yeah that’s what I saw too, just strange to have two indicators and the read different. I could understand if they read the same or “tank 2” was always empty. Eventually tank 2 did get to 2/3 just like tank 1.. I didn’t go to full on either . I’ll ask the tech when it goes back in. They’ve got a few minor cosmetic things to do and the parts are in.
Old 01-01-2018, 05:58 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Here's one of the diagrams I have.

Old 01-09-2018, 07:06 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

wonder if they have a sensor at the front and middle.. I'll ask the service tech when its in for service.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:28 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

So there are (2) grey tanks. I contacted the factory and they responded promptly!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 27bhss.pdf (57.5 KB, 218 views)
Old 01-11-2018, 07:39 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

As shown in the diagram I posted there are two drain valves, so there are two tanks. Good you got your clarification.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:52 PM   #8
Winniehurn

Hi, Larry here. We are anxiously awaiting delivery of our 2019 27RBDS and just joined this forum, glad we did! Your question and subject responses were very interesting, learned a lot even before getting our trailer. What are your impressions of your unit after having owned it for a while now? Any other unique tidbits you can pass on about this Minnie Plus?

Our unit has 50 amp service / pre-wired for bedroom AC. Have you found a need for second AC?
Winniehurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 11:36 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winniehurn View Post
Hi, Larry here. We are anxiously awaiting delivery of our 2019 27RBDS and just joined this forum, glad we did! Your question and subject responses were very interesting, learned a lot even before getting our trailer. What are your impressions of your unit after having owned it for a while now? Any other unique tidbits you can pass on about this Minnie Plus?

Our unit has 50 amp service / pre-wired for bedroom AC. Have you found a need for second AC?
Hi Larry,
Congrats on the purchase! I'll be completely honest, I'm still on the fence with how satisfied I am with the camper. Don’t get me wrong, we’ve enjoyed our camper the 3 times that we’ve had it out. It tows great, easy to set up, great curb appeal, great standard features, comfort and ergonomics. I looked at other brands and the frame’s look like they were welded by untrained personnel, so good frame and appropriate size axles. I think overall they have a great exterior package.

I did have a few things that the dealer had to fix that were on the original punch list on the walk through, no big deal. Before I brought it in for service (2 trips) I did notice a few other things, those were repaired too. But that being said, the interior trim is flimsy/cheap. I know that’s the same as every other TT, most of that is cost yet they will also state saves weight.. I also have to take it back again after our next trip for them to look at something with the roof. No leaks or anything like that but I noticed something that appears to be coming loose under the membrane. (So again, assembly issue or quality of parts?) So from a comfort/ergonomic/feature/towability factor I give it a thumbs up. Quality of materials for trim, assembly (behind the panels), things you can’t see unless you open + inspect, maybe better than other manufactures but not “high quality”.

I did insulate the storage box in the front as that is directly under the master bedroom. I also got the insulated “plugs” that go in the air-vents & skylights, camped in the COLD and this really helped. I am sure will help in the heat too. I also went underneath and painted anything on the trailer frame that was scratched or exposed. Also took every service access panel off and checked everything I could, just as a precaution.. Did some wire-cleanup and minor tweaking..

As for the AC, so I have the 15K btu and so far no issues with cooling the camper. I would have rather had the 50amp, but our was on the lot had the 30 amp and we got a great deal.. Not sure where you’re at, I’m in Florida and it’s already in the mid 90’s. Yesterday I actually was doing some cooling tests with the AC and I had the thermostat set to 76 and in the master bedroom it was 77.. I adjusted the “quick cool” slide on the AC to less than 50% shut and it actually evened out the temp in both rooms.

One other thing, I got the Anderson Leveler system in the tote bag and it was worth EVERY PENNY! I can set the camper up by myself in 20 min, they are GREAT.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:54 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Larry, got 16+k miles and make trips with it 12+ times a year. I've add some mods to make life easier and very much enjoy our unit.
Old 06-20-2018, 03:03 PM   #11

Fresh water and grey water capacities are the limiting factors for boondocking.
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water