Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2018, 10:28 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2306BHS Toilet Brush Tip & Modification

I can't leave well enough alone. I love modding things and making them work better for me. We recently purchased our first travel trailer. After renting one for a family getaway, we were hooked. After a lot of research, my family and I decided on the 2019 Winnebago Micro Minnie 2306BHS.

I love reading these forums and finding out cool tips and tricks. I will try to give back by posting anything I figure out. My first tip is really boring and somewhat crappy. For me, it was a small victory so I thought I would share.

We knew we wanted a toilet brush, but what kind and where to put one was the question. I found at Walmart this brush:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Val...addy/396243605

At $3.98 it was cheap enough. It's not fancy, but it is small and has its own caddy. Where to put it in the 2306BHS was easy. There is this little shelf between the sink vanity and the shower (I imagine to hide plumbing). It is a perfect place for this particular brush.

To prevent it from falling over and rolling around when the Micro Minnie is heading to its next adventure I built a small retaining wall out of maple. It is held onto the shelf with a heavy duty 3M double sided sticky tape. I didn't use screws to make sure I didn't damage the contents behind the wood.

I probably should have made it plain instead of putting a cheesy saying on it, but that's not my style.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TB2306bhs.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	304.3 KB
ID:	170161  
Anthropod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 07:32 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Nice little mod! I love the 2306. We will probably upgrade to it within the year. Can you tell me something though, is there an ac vent in the top bunk bed? Thanks
WannaWinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 08:52 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

It does not have a vent. I’m going on a trip soon and the weather is to be pretty hot. I’m a little worried that the bunks may get hot. I have a mod in mind if that’s the case... but we will see.
Old 09-06-2018, 12:09 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

How did those bunks work out? Did the lack of an ac vent in the top bunk cause Any issues?

Did you feel like there was enough cabinet space in this camper for a weekend or longer? Where does your child put their clothes? Do you pack bikes?

Thanks for your responses
WannaWinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 03:54 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Bunks were fine. I was worried as I’m 6’1” and they are not. Ha! I did make a light replacement that has a fan built in for my bottom bunk. I’ll make a post later on that. My 8 year old wanted the top bunk because of the window. He said temps were fine. If they were not I would have gotten one of those usb fans because he had a USB port.

We took two scooters and they fit well in the storage up front. If I take bikes next time they will go in the bed of my truck.

Storage wasn’t a problem for our three night trip. For both kids we did use over night bags. For us we used the two closets up front.

We had plenty of storage but the overnight bags/duffle bags worked great for the kids and we stored them in the dinette storage.

Tags
cat