Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2018, 08:52 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2201 DS Question

After installing a new battery and replacing the tongue jack that I backed into with my truck, tongue jack and all 12 volt lighting died. Plugged in everything works except the jack. Battery panel shows battery fully charged. We had been out in it the past two weekends and everything worked as it should.
Took it to storage and jack started down and there was a pop at the jack and everything quit working.
Anyone have any ideas?
Checked battery connections and they were tight.
bbird76020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 01:03 PM   #2
Winnebago 2201DS Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbird76020 View Post
After installing a new battery and replacing the tongue jack that I backed into with my truck, tongue jack and all 12 volt lighting died. Plugged in everything works except the jack. Battery panel shows battery fully charged. We had been out in it the past two weekends and everything worked as it should.
Took it to storage and jack started down and there was a pop at the jack and everything quit working.
Anyone have any ideas?
Checked battery connections and they were tight.
I have not checked this out but I have read that there is a fuse under the jack somewhere.....if it blows nothing works on battery power, so I am assuming it is a 30 watt 12 volt fuse. https://www.etrailer.com/question-74614.html explains where to look for that fuse. Good Luck!
CarefreeSadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:34 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Found it! Thanks for the help.
bbird76020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:23 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

There is also a reset button inside the junction box inside the frame on the driver side near the front that will trip if the 12 volt system/battery charge is to low.
Minnie2250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:29 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I understand that if you extend/retract the power jack to its limits and you hear the popping sound, it will likely shear the cotter pin. if there is no sound from the jack, then there is a different issue to track down.
johnevans3 is offline   Reply With Quote