Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2018, 04:06 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2106FBS and bugs

I have a 2106 FBS. As the weather started to change here in central Texas we have a large amount of ladybugs amongst others. I had our trailer set up in the yard for a family member to use and have noticed a lot of these ladybugs getting inside of the trailer. I know they are looking for a place to winter but I want to keep them out. They are getting in around the slide out and windows. Anyone else experiencing this and or have suggestions to keep them out?
kitsonkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 07:49 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

One thing I've thought about for when the slide is open is making some foam batts to fill the gap along the bottom. I'm not sure how you can handle the gaps around the rubber flap seals other than something similar to the inside. I'm considering this more for air infiltration than critter invasions so the small amount of leakage around the sides and top of slide don't bother me. If the windows are close I don't see how they could get in through there as the drain slots are too small for ladybugs to get through on ours. If they are open there was a thread here about misfitting screens and suggestions on getting sealed.
old_engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 08:52 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thank you for your thoughts. My initial thought to the foam you mentioned was maybe using the foam used for insulating pipes. I think I have a new project to tinker with next week. Thanks again.
kitsonkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:27 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

According to a Texas A&M website, they are "Asian Lady Beetles". They have become pest in North Texas also. They will find a way in through any type of opening. Once the weather warms, they will find a way to leave. In the meantime, control by using a vacuum cleaner. Spraying them will kill them but could leave a mess. Good luck.
Critters is offline   Reply With Quote