Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2018, 08:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

2106DS - Fuse Box?

I finally finished buying gear for the Mico Minnie and took it for a weekend outing. It towed great. My tow vehicle is a Chev Colorado with the tow package and you hardly know you are towing a trailer.
Not so much with the gas mileage though, Seems to go though a lot more gas than I thought it would, but then again this is my first trailer and both the truck and trailer are going though their break in period. Speed was kept to around 50 mph per the truck and trailer manual.
I went through all of the various papers that came with the trailer and there is still one mystery. The Winnie Towable manual says to consult the sheet for the particular trailer model to find the diagram for where the fuse box is. There is no sheet for the 2106DS showing the fuse box.
Any 2106DS owners out there that can tell me where the fuse box is located. The manual says in one of the cabinets but I can not find it.
Clues anyone?
TrailerDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 06:07 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I’m looking at the 3D tour on Winn site and it looks like it might be under the refrigerator?
larrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 08:56 AM   #3

Yes, under the fridge. Buy extra fuses too!
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 12:27 PM   #4
2106 DS Micro Minnie

In my 2018 year 2106ds the fuse box is directly underneath the refrigerator in that black panel
stoney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 08:39 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

I have a Colorado and 2106DS too, but I too just bought it so I don't know the mileage yet. But I went with the diesel Colorado just to extend mileage.

I'm not sure where you're seeing limit towing speed to 50 mph, but one thing I did right away was ditch the stock "Goodride" tires. Their speed rating is only 65 mph. The Goodyear tires are much higher--not that I plan on exceeding 65 by much or very often--I just don't like pushing limits.
Goodspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 12:41 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2100BH and it is under the refrigerator (or very close toward the floor). My finding is that you will want to avoid running more than one high draw item at a time. i.e. when we run a hair dryer and an electric kettle a breaker will trip. Once we stopped doing that we have had no problems!
bricrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 01:10 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricrum View Post
I have a 2100BH and it is under the refrigerator (or very close toward the floor). My finding is that you will want to avoid running more than one high draw item at a time. i.e. when we run a hair dryer and an electric kettle a breaker will trip. Once we stopped doing that we have had no problems!
There may be a way to ease around this just a bit, depending on the trailer. If we look at the fuse or breaker to see what it is rated, we can then look for a second circuit which may feed different outlets. Do you see two which say recpt on them? That would likely mean that you could avoid tripping the breaker by using one high level product on the other circuit!
May be work not depending on the wiring and it does still take a bit of thought to avoid tripping but might ease things a little.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 04:07 PM   #8
RDP
Utah 2306BHS

Remember the ground fault interrupter for all electrical plugs is controlled my just one plug, usually by the door.
RDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 04:59 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Also, on mine there's a 12 volt fuse under the cabinet of the kitchen sink area. You have to remove four screws to get to it (the same ones you do to access the water pump for winterizing). I suspect it is for the water pump, but I haven't bothered to trace where the wire goes.

I wonder how many other fuses they hide throughout the trailer?
Goodspike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse