Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-05-2018, 07:37 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2017 24555BHS Slide Decking Rotted

Well I guess I am being Tested. After all my Replies and all the times, I tried to tell others,You Love your RV. Enjoy a Little Nothing. Its about the kids. Its your Whooooo Saaaa time! Shucks!

You wash her, your deeply engaged with her, I now FT with her (between Home Base camps), you are a Responsible and Excited owner . You Remove, Yes with the care you give a CHILD, your Dinette. You Remove the Bunks, making a Much better Twin bedroom/ Walk in closted/ Laundry. You add a Washer and dryer. You have so Much to be Excited about, then, you get YOUR Heart Ripped out! .

Long story short. Oct 28th was my 1 Year Anniversary. I just so happen to be re- routing my Sat TV cable, and OMG. Pics to Follow.

So you guys know the rest of the story. You call 1) Your Dealer. 2) Winnebago 3) I am going through some "Health issues (Back Pain), so a few hours and $350 later, a Mobile RV Tech is here . I tell him, "I want everything on this 4 Ft by 8Ft slide, Stripped and resealed. Period. He said the Roof looks Great. Lets not Strip, lets add seam tape. I agree.

Now I got Before Videos and before pics, galore! I even have a Tech that is Certified with Atwood, Dometic, etc.... and working on his Thor Certification. He has worked in the service bay of a Big Southern dealer in his 20's, to eventually start a Mobile service. His invoice says, issues found that are Impossible to the Untrained Eye.

OK Enough of me Venting. Where are we, "Winnebago"? Well a Senior Customer Service Rep. told me that my Smaller issues (A few lights, 1 outlet and , a few small Fresh water drips! No Problem, will Grandfather me in my 1 Year Bumper to Bumper Warranty. But those issues and the slide, have to be presented to Winnebago, from an Authorized Dealer, in the proper format for them to consider any coverage. I was like my Unit has been at the dealer 8, plus weeks of Year one? But OK, Ill play along. What else can you do?

So last week I traveled the 4+ hours round trip, Gave up my Home, My baby, for 4.5 days, "to get Nothing Fixed". The dealer explained, this is "The Winnebago's way".

1) A dealer has to look at each item (Which means several tech's.) From a Plumber, to an Electrical guy, To the Caulk Guy, ETC, you get me!
2) The Dealer has to present a list and cost (Time requested in labor and parts.
3) Then the Dealer will get a yay or Nay! (Authorized from Winnebago or NO.
4) Then we can order the parts.
5) Then we get the parts in. (bare in mind your unit is stored! On their Lot! Do not forget to pay the Note.
6)Fix it. Ha! So you want my RV for 8 weeks? To MY Dealers defense, they agreed to fast track my down time and TY to them.

OK I want insight from you Veteran RV'er? Now I hit YouTube, and Legally "its the Owners responsibility", to basically be the Final inspection on seals. I was Brand New. It looked to me good to go! I had no Symptoms :-( The Hour I saw anything I called out the ARMY! Help

Advice and words of Hope, Peace....etc, PLEASE.

Humbly RR_MIke
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	q27EYZm6RcOntK4lnmhrCQ.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	246.9 KB
ID:	170649   Click image for larger version

Name:	2HHkHtwsQsWN4zNFPnZLIQ.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	382.8 KB
ID:	170650  

RR_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 05:17 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Not surprising at all in the way things are handled, it's the industry norm. I've been so disgusted lately with the amount of issues I see with new RVs coming off the lots and needing so much repair work, with the burden being put on the buyer. I came across this guys series, and agree with it.

I just posted these articles in the general topic section, but if you haven't read them it's pretty eye opening....

Part 1: Opinion: The RV industry death spiral: Opinion: The RV industry death spiral – Part 1 | RV Daily Report

Part 2: Manufactures in race to the bottom: RV Industry Death Spiral – Part 2: Manufacturers in race to the bottom | RV Daily Report

Part 3: Suppliers in a tough spot: RV Industry Death Spiral – Part 3: Suppliers in a tough spot | RV Daily Report

Part 4: Dealer drop the ball on service: RV Industry Death Spiral – Part 4: Dealers drop the ball on service | RV Daily Report

Part 5: Campgrounds loosing capacity: RV Industry Death Spiral – Part 5: Campgrounds losing capacity | RV Daily Report

Part 6: Associations can influence change: RV Industry Death Spiral – Part 6: Associations can influence change | RV Daily Report

Part 7: RV owners share the blame: RV Industry Death Spiral – Part 7: RV owners share the blame | RV Daily Report

Part 8: RV media falls asleep: RV Industry Death Spiral – Part 8: RV media falls asleep | RV Daily Report
Old 12-12-2018, 08:55 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Good New! I called the Dealer yesterday and NO reply yet from Winnebago. So I canned Winnebago, and All my Issues, every one, is being Covered under my Factory warranty. Slide Floor Replacement and all.

I have to say, this Forum and being a FT'er 4 months was Huge, in helping me to be composed, Know what to try and what to expect. And most of All, Patience! Its a hard hills to climb, but knowing your NOT alone, makes it A LOT easier.

Parts to be made, Time frame I imagine 30-90 days for me to drop her off about 2 weeks and have it all done. Ill keep you all Posted. Have to give credit where credit is due. I am sure this will come with headaches, but so far My dealer and Winnebago want to "Do the Right thing".

Keep you all posted, RR_mike
RR_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 06:03 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Tags
slide