Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2018, 05:56 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Micro Minnie 5th Wheel

I can't find the any Micro Minnie 5th wheel on a dealership lot anywhere. Can anyone shed any light on when it might be made available?

Also it would be helpful if the company would differentiate the 5th wheels from the bumper towables.
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 10:31 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

The Winnebago website just says "coming soon," so I suppose they don't have a release date yet.
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 10:09 AM   #3
KMG
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbrn View Post
I can't find the any Micro Minnie 5th wheel on a dealership lot anywhere. Can anyone shed any light on when it might be made available?

Also it would be helpful if the company would differentiate the 5th wheels from the bumper towables.
Hello, I just purchased a Micro Minnie 2405RL 5th wheel trailer with delivery in a week.
FYI, You can find several RG (Rear Galley) models on dealer's lots now. I was told by Winnebago that they began production of the RG first followed by the RL (Rear Living). They should begin the RB (Rear Bath) production in July.
KMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 07:13 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Last week we went to St. Louis and saw the 2405rl. It was nice. My wife liked it. You can still use kitchen, and bath with the slide closed which is good. I am suspicious of anything when first introduced. The one we were in had an MSRP of over $40,000.00.

The salesman said that there has not been a strong demand for it so they only ordered one to see what happens. If anyone lives nearby it is at Travers St Louis RV.

I am not sure a fifth wheel is for us, I like my truck bed space. It did look cute setting in the lot with all the other monster size fifth wheels around it.
tim l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 09:25 PM   #5
KMG
Winnebago Camper

Brought it home today on I-44 with 45 mph wind gusts. Trailered great! This is a great truck and trailer for my needs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2281.jpg
Views:	654
Size:	404.1 KB
ID:	171189  
Old 02-24-2019, 06:40 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Looks great. We have several friends who would not have anything but a fifth wheel. It would be great if you keep us posted how you like it and how it works out for you since it is a brand new model.
Old 02-24-2019, 08:33 AM   #7
KMG
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim l View Post
Looks great. We have several friends who would not have anything but a fifth wheel. It would be great if you keep us posted how you like it and how it works out for you since it is a brand new model.
I'll keep updating my post. MSRPs are a joke. I purchased mine for $29,500 from AOK RV Sales in Laurie, MO. A perfect buying experience. They are exactly what you hope for when looking for a trailer! They provided product information professionally without being aggressive, kept me updated on the delivery date, ordered and installed the hitch to the manufacture's specification plus they took great care to protect my vehicle, all the paperwork was ready and processed quickly without pressure, and they even give you a starter gift bag of useful RV supplies plus two free nights stay at their campground on the lake. What a great company!
Old 02-24-2019, 10:23 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

We did not want to lose our truck bed. We had a factory authorized gooseneck hitch installed on our 5th wheel and use that with the fold down gooseneck ball that was already on our truck. Works great! We did not lose any thing with this set up. But we did make sure that it was okay with the factory and that we bought the hitch that they recommended.
lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 05:00 PM   #9
KMG
Winnebago Camper

Sounds like a good setup. I considered a Reese GooseBox but other 5th wheel owner's complaints of frame twist damage lead to my buying the Anderson hitch.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	94622_c.png
Views:	215
Size:	531.9 KB
ID:	171195  
Old 02-25-2019, 06:56 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

KMG, what were the features/reasons that lead you to choose the small fifth wheel, over the travel trailer version? I understand the advantage of a large and heavy trailer being a fifth wheel.

I am just doing research myself, and have never pulled a fifth wheel. The tt we have, and have had for several years is a little Casita weighing only 3200 lbs fully loaded so it is a totally different animal, but I can pull it at 80 mph all day.

The reason we are considering a small fifth wheel is simply that we like the separate sleeping area, but am interested in what other advantages you have found.

As I mentioned in the previous post I like having my truck bed which we use to transport a side by side, motorcycle etc.

I know what you mean by the MSRP having little bearing on final purchase price, but fifth wheels are traditionally more expensive than tt's, and the Micro Minnie fifth wheel appears to follow suite. It does appear you got a good deal on it.

Tim
Old 02-25-2019, 07:08 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

That is the unit we have on our trailer. We made sure we bought what Lippert recommended. We had heard the stories about frame damage and did not want any problems.
Old 02-25-2019, 09:00 AM   #12
KMG
Winnebago Camper

Tim, I chose a fifth wheel for maneuverability, shorter combined truck and trailer
length compared to a similar TT, and a smoother ride in the truck. I chose the Micro Minnie because it is 7 feet wide, weighs only 5,500 pounds dry, has a dry bath (separate shower), has exceptional ground clearance, uses a torsion bar suspension, and has a bedroom area that doesn't require storing your bedding so you can use it as your dinning area. My last truck and trailer was 76 feet overall length so I'm looking forward to traveling with a smaller rig.

Lucy, How do you like the ride your GooseBox provides?
Attached Images

Old 02-25-2019, 09:25 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

We like the Goosebox. It is very easy to hook up and tows well. So far, no problems.
Old 02-25-2019, 12:23 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

KMG, That's quite a rig right there. You must have a large family.
Old 02-25-2019, 01:41 PM   #15
KMG
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim l View Post
KMG, That's quite a rig right there. You must have a large family.
I used it with my business and to haul a sports car to events. Several years ago I purchased almost 150 gallons at $5.25 per gallon. Ouch! My Tundra and trailer will seem economical in comparison.
Old 03-09-2019, 09:06 PM   #16
KMG
Winnebago Camper

We are 850 miles into our first trip and couldn't be happier with our trailer and truck. Both have performed above our expectation. The B&W gooseneck drop ball, Anderson Ultimate hitch, and Firestone airbags added to our Tundra make it a nice riding tow vehicle. I'm averaging 10.2 mpg running 5 mph over the limit. The trailer pulls exceptionally well with zero wagging or bouncing. The trailer's torsion bar suspension absorbs bumps nicely. Let the good times roll!
Old 05-08-2019, 06:47 AM   #17
KMG
Winnebago Camper

Finished our first trip. 1,900 miles with zero issues. I couldn't be happier with the trailer and truck combo. I added a rear sway bar to my truck but I haven't towed with it yet. We're leaving for the PNW beginning in June and travel this summer. Should be around 6,000 miles of fun!
Old 05-09-2019, 06:49 AM   #18
Winnebago Camper

We have a GMC Canyon pulling our Micro Minnie 5th wheel. We experienced lots of chucking and bucking. We filled up the water tank and put all of our "stuff" in it. Much better now but when going over a bump, still bucks. We are considering putting more weight over the pin to see if that helps. We have a Curt manual sliding hitch due to concerns over the cab clearance. But it seems that so far it hasn't been an issue.
We will keep working on the ride, our first trip is this weekend.
Nitewindes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 01:40 PM   #19
KMG
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitewindes View Post
We have a GMC Canyon pulling our Micro Minnie 5th wheel. We experienced lots of chucking and bucking. We filled up the water tank and put all of our "stuff" in it. Much better now but when going over a bump, still bucks. We are considering putting more weight over the pin to see if that helps. We have a Curt manual sliding hitch due to concerns over the cab clearance. But it seems that so far it hasn't been an issue.
We will keep working on the ride, our first trip is this weekend.
Best of luck on your maiden voyage. Please post a trip report after.
Old 06-26-2019, 07:04 PM   #20
Winnebago Camper

Purchased our 2405RG this week. Haven’t had the opportunity to get away in it yet. My wife and I are slowly finding places for all of our “stuff “! Our set up is a 2018 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, Texas Edition, 4x4 Z71 off road with 6.0 gas engine. Overkill I’m sure but we already owned it before the 5th wheel. I use the Andersen Ultimate hitch. This is my first experience with pulling a 5th wheel so I have no reference to go by in judging the hitch. The one thing that stands out after driving home from the dealer(120 miles) is the bucking(not sure if that is the correct term) when going over the bridges. It doesn’t shake you out of your seat but gives you a little bounce front and back. No noise from the hitch area. No shifting of the hitch in the bed either. I did rotate the king pin adapter to the backwards position and took it out for a run, about 40 miles, and it seemed to improve. I’ll try to post more as we enjoy taking it out of the home property.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2CEFC3B9-F94C-4204-BAAD-628161927354.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	238.2 KB
ID:	171808  
kitsonkt is offline   Reply With Quote