Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2020, 08:02 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Adding a trailer hitch

I just purchased a 2020 Micro Minnie 2405rl 5th wheel. I’d like to add a hitch to tow a fishing boat. Winnebago does not recommend this. I’m interested in finding out if anyone has experience in this.
Marcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 08:05 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

My fishing buddy had this done to his 5 wheel but this was some 10 years ago..The welder used 2" square tubing and 2" angle iron with impressive looking gusseting and was welded directly to the frame of the trailer...we towed his 17ft deep v all over the country with zero problems...Maybe Winniebago has lightened up on the main frame or they just flat out state "No Towing" for insurance purposes..I seem to remember there may be some states that prohibit that kind of set up ,but we never had any troubles with the law..If you decide to do this make sure you have an experienced welder and be sure to make him understand what you intend to tow with the rig..
Reniram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 09:47 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

I believe the first models they came out with, had a 2" receiver, as standard equipment on the Micro Minnie 5th Wheels. Then the 2019 models, it seemed to disappear.
Newyooper is offline   Reply With Quote