Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-27-2011, 04:43 AM   #1
JDV
Winnebago Watcher

Winnebago View Profile help

Morning,

I'm new to the forum and was wondering if there are any Winnebago View or Profile owners on board who would share some of their experiences.
I am seriously thinking about moving up from a five year old trailer which we have enjoyed to a View Profile. I have been told by a dealer that the fuel mileage is between 15-17 MPG of course depending on load, conditions, and speed. I'm very interested in hearing from owners with actual experiences. What range of MPG do you get?

Also have you had any significant problems with any of the major components?

How has Winnebago's warranty support been?

In doing research I'm finding it very difficult to get detailed consumer feedback on Class C RVs so I would really appreciate any input you may have.

Thanks very much,

JD
JDV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:18 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Went on a 2500 mile trip this past June and avg 16mpg. Only problem with the Sprinter was a bad EGR valve which was replaced under warranty. Otherwise they are a dream to drive...you have leg room and sit up high. There is no overhang from the bunk like many of the Class C's out there. Downside is limited CCC...
Had it in to WGO for a few items and they took care of them under warranty.
I suggest you join the V/N yahoo group with over 4k members for some in depth information. Very friendly and helpful group!
View-Navion : Winnebago's Skinnie-Winnies

Jim
MutinyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:59 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I recently got my 2012 View Profile and will be taking my first trip with it in 2 weekends. I had to pick it up at a dealer 90+ miles away and have made 2 trips to the dealer only 25 miles away and have yet to burn 1/4 tank. I had several problems which should have been noticed and corrected at the delivery dealer but were not. One of the upper stop lights did not work ( wasn't plugged in to the wire harness), the small burner ignition needed to be replaced, the other high brake light had bad LEDs in it, and the finish on the cross members of both the cabinets in the kitchen and bedroom were not applied correctly there were numerous bubbles under the plastic film. I'll let you know how it all turns out.
Alex
rcpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:59 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Does anyone know if the speakers above the sofa/bed on the view work with the amplifier in the large DVD player or only with the dash mounted radio?
What does the "B" button on the speaker control on the DVD player control? I don't have any speakers playing when I press the "B" by itself.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:08 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpilot View Post
Does anyone know if the speakers above the sofa/bed on the view work with the amplifier in the large DVD player or only with the dash mounted radio?
What does the "B" button on the speaker control on the DVD player control? I don't have any speakers playing when I press the "B" by itself.
On my View the B speakers don't do anything and the C speakers are for the outside.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:31 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Presently on the road and we have driven from Montreal,Quebec,Canada to Riverton WY and we averag 14.8 mpg at 60 mph with a 2008 view J model with diesel engine with total of 19000 miles on unit.

Great trip for the first month of 21 months that we will be on the road
Claudalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:45 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the info on the "B" button. I have the outside speakers and they do work with the "C" button. I just wasn't sure about the "B".

What would really help me is if someone can tell me if their marker lights come on with the daytime lights and does the headlight indicator light on the dash also come on with the ignition switch and running lights..
RC pilot
Old 07-30-2011, 06:22 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

view running lights

yes the running lights come on with the ignition, someone on the forum mentioned that the dealer can reprogram this if you want. I have a 2011 viewK and don't mind the safety feature. and yes the headlight icon does show when the ignition is on. good luck with your unit, and safe travels.
henryn, 2011 view K, NC
henryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 06:34 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I had a Dodge dealer disable the DRL feature on my 2010 View...not that I don't think it is a good idea but I want to have control of what lights come on when I start the engine...YMMV
Old 08-18-2011, 06:13 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Went for first outing this past weekend and incurred a problem with the microwave power circuit. Did you know you cannot operate the water heater and microwave at the same time on shore power. There is a circuit that prevents this. Must be automatic because NO one informed me of this. Microwave worked great Friday and had shore power so I placed the hot water system on power vs. LP. Sometime during the evening it got cool enough that I decided to use the heat pump to warm the coach. Well somehow during the night the circuit to power the microwave decided to stop working. Checked the circuit breakers one at a time to find that the CB to the MW was tripped but the handle did not show this condition. MW worked until later that day when the AC came on and off went the MW again. At this point the CB would not reset.
Dealer found a bad converter and an arm within the CB was broken. Point to note: I have 2 more call outs for CB's then their are CB's. Now awaiting authorization to replace defective parts on a 2012 model. Factory rep can't understand why the dealer has not contacted him for the parts. Hoping to have it back by next week big plans to attend Radio Controlled flying event at out club's flying site for the entire weekend. Still awaiting parts from a 2 weeks ago visit to the dealer for bad items. Hope this unit was not a Monday morning or Friday afternoon build like when I worked on the FORD assembly line while going to college when "quality" wasn't a word used by the English speaking peoples. I'll keep you all posted.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:43 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Wink New 2011 J

We have just put our 2011 J through 2000 miles of summer camping. After getting the tires up to 75 lbs. of air our mileage went to 16 at 65 mph. Only BAD thing I've seen yet is a bolt is pushing up through the flooring near the fridge/slide area. Hope to get under it soon to see if I can fix...the wife thinks WB would replace flooring....right!!!
Old 08-28-2011, 07:06 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Well this tops it all. Went to pick up my 2012 View Profile after some warranty work after it was in the care of the servicing dealer for 9 days. The next morning I started to prepare it for our next outing. When I opened the head door the smell would almost knock you over. I found that sometime, while at the dealer, used the toilet and did not know how to flush it. God only knows how long those waste products were sitting there. After informing the dealership, they had NO explanation as to how that could have happen. I personally think that someone while touring their lot decided to use my RV to relieve themselves. It should have been locked because it was loaded with my personal items. The dealer wants to compensate me by discounting the labor for installing tire valve extenders by 50%. At the least they should discount it by 100%. I was told that using a household toilet bowl cleaner would be OK. Latest adventure what could be next???
Old 08-31-2011, 01:41 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Has anybody modified their LP system to be able to utilize an exterior tank if needed. I called the Suburban Propane dealer in the area and they no longer do any work like that. If any one did something like that please let me know what you did and what materials did you use.
Thanks
RCPILOT
Old 09-06-2011, 02:49 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Just came from local RV service center (Not Camping World) where they tried to install an extend-a-stay LP system on my 2012 View Profile. The tech. exposed the pressure regulator to find out that to install the system he would have to disassemble the fitting that comes with the kit and disconnect the existing fittings and install other fittings to adapt the kit to the RV. It was estimated the cost to be around $400.00 in labor plus parts plus a 40# tank. I think I will buy a 2000 watt Honda gas generator and a 5 gallon gas can instead. If someone has already modified theirs please let me know how and the cost.
Thanks
Alex
Old 09-28-2011, 05:42 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Has anyone owning a View replaced the fuel filter themselves? How hard is it to do??? I have 2011 MBJ
Old 11-07-2011, 06:25 AM   #16
Winnebago Watcher

Just traded up from a Navion 24A to a View Profile 24G for better sleeping arrangements and loved it after the first night. Form FL to MA driving 62-65mph with full tanks, 20mpg with V6 188hp Mercedes. The best diesel ever.

Jack
Jack28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:08 PM   #17
Winnebago Camper

At this point my average fuel mileage is about 15 mpg. Most of which as been expressway type driving. I do like the Mercedes diesel engine the torque is great and when it gets into 5th gear it doesn't need to shift down like the Ford 10 cylinder I rented once. I have several long trips planned for 2012 and at that time I will have a good number for fuel mileage. I have to calibrate the level gauges for the water tanks. Our last trip required we use on-board water and hold our waste. By the end of the first 24 hours the fresh water gauge indicated only 1/3 left but looking at the tank the level was more like 2/3 left.
RCpilot
Old 11-09-2011, 07:42 AM   #18
Winnebago Watcher

After 13000 miles to AK and back to MA in the Navion 24J the mileage ran between 14-16 with 2A & 2C. We never carried any more water than necessary to the next stop and the waste tanks were empty. Just traded in on a 24G VP, mileage from FL to MA with full tanks was 20. For the money you can't beat the Mercedes V6. In both cases never under 60 rarely over 65mph. The WB personnel that design the layouts never experience a night in them. Otherwise some of the obvious problems would be corrected.
Jack28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:24 PM   #19
BPD
Winnebago Watcher

View Profile

I would gather that you have already decided on the View. I have recently purchased a View Profile and have thoroughly enjoyed driving it. I have not put enough miles on it yet to get an accurate gas mileage -- but did get 16 MPG on the only run I was out on.

What I disliked about the View Profile was the tiny compartment Winn supplied for the waste hose. This compartment held about 2 feet of hose. How I remedied this -- I cut off the rear of the supplied compartment and added a PVC elbow, and pipe, (thin wall drainage pipe) and ran it behind the storage compartment directly next to it. I was then able to get about 12 foot of hose. Because storage is at a minimum it was important to me to make sure the stinky slinky had a home away from my other stuff.
BPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:47 AM   #20
Winnebago Camper

Hi! and welcome to Profile View.
Name here is Alex from Rochester, NY. We got our 2012 View in July 2011 and have several uses for it and love it. I purchased it at a Camping World in Syracuse, NY and having it serviced at the CW closer to my home in Churchville, NY. I really have not had any problems with service. I had the main power distribution panel go bad and a breaker in it also go at the same time. There was some problems with the finish on the cabinets in the galley and the bedroom and the one in the galley has been fixed with the bedroom scheduled for the 1st week of April. The lighter for the gas stove for the small burner would not light it so that was replaced. The running lights has a short and kept popping the breaker that wiring problem was fixed. I had some LED's in the high left break light bad at delivery that was fixed and the right side wasn't plugged in. In addition one of the lights for the license plate was not plugged in as well. We have about 10 trips scheduled for this year. One to South Carolina for 11 days to fly the RC planes and a 7 day trip to Oshkosh , WI to see the real planes for a week. These trips will include out son with his dog. All other events will be me and the wife. What I like is the fuel mileage. Getting about 15 per gal. I got the LP generator and now have a 2000watt Honda as backup. Storage is really limited. I have designed a carrier which uses a 6' X 2' X 2' truck work box on the back to carrier our needs.
Hope this helps.
RC Pilot

Tags
winnebago