Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2018, 05:55 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Winnebago Trend

I am ready to buy a new RV Class C. I really like the Winnebago Trend but would like to hear from other owners with any pro's or cons. I am getting older but still like to travel. Last trip was 8500 miles. I have owned just about every type of RV. My latest is a truck camper. Want something short because of places I like to stay, but reliability is number one. Would love to hear from you.
Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 09:52 PM   #2
JBP
Winnie-Wise

Cheri I am on second Winne Trend. First was a 23L the second is a 23B. I did not like the corner bed. I do like the drop down bed.
The 23B has the bath across the back. I like that. But less out side storage than the 23L.
Location of generator and batteries are challenging but workable.
I really like the front wheel drive. Dodge warranty is very good and we had good luck taking it back for any service.
If you have specific questions you can private message me.
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 11:08 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you Jim & Pat, sure that this will be a last RV I want to make a good choice. I have it narrowed down some though. Cheri
Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 10:07 AM   #4
JBP
Winnie-Wise

Good luck
Old 03-04-2018, 11:12 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Take a close look at a Winnie View. It can go into most places your truck will. I have a truck camper on a 4x4 for hunting and fishing and a View if the wife is along. The view is easier to climb in for us old campers.
Tucsontoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 11:00 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Also take look at the Fuse. The same size as the Trend but slightly different and a little more storage outside. The Trend 23D and the Fuse 23A are pretty much the same inside.

Don
dp226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 10:35 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

My wife and I hve had our trend for 1 1/2 years. It's perfect for a couple. Drives great, decent gas milage, plenty of power, and you can make a U turn in a residential size intersection. Twin beds are great for an older couple like ourselves. No disturbing your partner to go to the head. A couple of glitches but no big deal. Those were handled by the dealer.Sewer pipes drag if you go in or out of a driveway that has much of an angle. We are planning to flat tow a smart car with ours. Actually just joined this club tonight hoping to get some advice about that . We've only met one other couple with a trend on our travels. They had something smaller and something bigger and now they are quite happy with theirs. goldilocks.
bodega bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:40 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Trend 2018

We bought a Trend in June after years of back and forth; should we get a pull behind or not. On a lark we looked at a local dealer over Memorial Day weekend and fell in LOVE with the Trend 23D. We had several criteria and the Trend met all of them. My husband is 6'5" tall and doesn't have to duck at all, even in the shower! We also like the twin beds because he doesn't fit on a queen - nor do we have to climb over each other at night.

It drives nicely, maneuvers well, we don't feel cramped at all - there's more storage than you think. We appreciate the USB ports as well as the sound system. We've taken it on several trips (one cross country) and have enjoyed it thoroughly. We LOVE not having to monkey around with leveling. It's small enough that it's easy to get pretty level.

So far the only con is that the door to the outside storage is too small. We've had to be really creative to accommodate our grill. We still have a couple of other tweaks to take care of and am shocked at the lack of customer service at our dealership, but will get through that in time. We got a lesson early on that we have to watch and be very firm when having the LP tank filled. The young man didn't close the valve and overfilled it which blew out the regulator; which led to a cold shower and a repair, but now we know.

After the heat wave passes, we plan and making many more trips.
Gladys2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 05:46 AM   #9
JBP
Winnie-Wise

Gladys happy that you are enjoying you 23D. We have the 23B. Just got back from California from South Texas.
We pull a 4x6 trailer. All of the extra goes in it. It is small only 2000 lb. So we can put about 1200 lb in it. We never come close to that.
Pulls great. Average mileage was 13.2 for round trip.
Old 06-01-2019, 05:13 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago Trend transmission shifting

We have had our Trend for over a year now and really love it. One issue which has me a little miffed though is the frequent downshifting from 6 to 5th even on flat terrain at normal highway speeds. I read the owners manual and when this occurs the manual advises placing the tranny in 5th to avoid repeated shifting. Years ago I had a larger coach with a V10 and once it locked into overdrive it seldom downshifted at highway speeds. Anyone else experience this with the V6,6 speed tranny combo on the Trend? I have adapted by either driving slower in which case it will usually hold 6th or just drive in 5th at 2900 rpm but then mileage is not so good. Any comments or suggestions anyone has would be appreciated. Took it to the dealer. They said nothing was wrong with it. Tow haul mode does not help. Seems like there should be an intermediate gear between 5th and 6th which would do it. Thanks all.
montanamark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 05:04 AM   #11
JBP
Winnie-Wise

What speed do you usually cruise at?
I have had two. Both were different.
Last one held 6th most of the time at 65.
Old 06-02-2019, 06:55 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Trend tranny shifting

Well, but for this issue my speed would normally be a good 70 mph but at that speed it downshifts a lot. So by reducing to say 60-65 and 2000 rpm it usually can maintain 6th. I read in the Promaster forum an explanation how power requirements increase considerably to gain an incremental 10 mph from 65 to 75 and the V6 280 hp does not have the reserve power in 6th. I am gleaning this is just a characteristic of the V6 gasser moving a 10000 lb coach. Ty for your response. We do love the coach. Planning trip Fl to Alaska in a short while.
montanamark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 03:10 AM   #13
JBP
Winnie-Wise

Most of us have learned that we're retired and there's no hurry.

Tags
winnebago